Free Member
May 1, 2009
Near Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2000
Went into our 624 to check things over and found the pipe coming from the tap had been pushed out by frost.
I removes the tap which wasn't easy, and found that there is a small grub screw at the back of the tap body, this allows a small plastic locating dowel to be retracted.so the pipe can be reinserted. ( so I didn't need to take the tap out in the first place.)
On my first trip away this year the tap stopped working, or should I say there was very little water coming out from either circuit. I checked the microswitch by shorting the two leads to the pump and the pump started which indicated that the microswitch had thrown its hand in:Doh:
I was at Camac Valley site in Dublin at the time, and had plenty of time on my hands so I went in search of the nearest motorhome repair shop which turned out to be about 20k's away.
It was a bugger to find but the guy was very friendly and helpful..even gave me a second hand microswitch for free, showed me an easier way to do the repair.
The tap isn't in the best of nick and I need to replace it really, does anyone know of a supplier for these taps as I'll need a second mortgage if I go to brownhills:Eeek:

JJG

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Went into our 624 to check things over and found the pipe coming from the tap had been pushed out by frost.
I removes the tap which wasn't easy, and found that there is a small grub screw at the back of the tap body, this allows a small plastic locating dowel to be retracted.so the pipe can be reinserted. ( so I didn't need to take the tap out in the first place.)
On my first trip away this year the tap stopped working, or should I say there was very little water coming out from either circuit. I checked the microswitch by shorting the two leads to the pump and the pump started which indicated that the microswitch had thrown its hand in:Doh:
I was at Camac Valley site in Dublin at the time, and had plenty of time on my hands so I went in search of the nearest motorhome repair shop which turned out to be about 20k's away.
It was a bugger to find but the guy was very friendly and helpful..even gave me a second hand microswitch for free, showed me an easier way to do the repair.
The tap isn't in the best of nick and I need to replace it really, does anyone know of a supplier for these taps as I'll need a second mortgage if I go to brownhills:Eeek:

JJG

The wire for the microswitch comes up through the tap and as it is swivelled this can wear or break the wire.

It is possible to strip the tap and replace the microswitch. Peter Hambilton at Preston replaced our tap as he said it was more cost effective to replace the tap than spend the time (labour charge) stripping it and rebuilding it.

Our tap was available from a motorhome parts place in Yorkshire but I cannot find the link. I believe it was something like leisure Products.

John

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
The wire for the microswitch comes up through the tap and as it is swivelled this can wear or break the wire.

It is possible to strip the tap and replace the microswitch. Peter Hambilton at Preston replaced our tap as he said it was more cost effective to replace the tap than spend the time (labour charge) stripping it and rebuilding it.

Our tap was available from a motorhome parts place in Yorkshire but I cannot find the link. I believe it was something like leisure Products.

John

Blimey thats a bit naughty microswitches are dirt cheap and easy to fit (even I can do it in 15 mins) see link;

Used this company several times very good.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Hymer fit Reich taps. I think this is the one used in the early-mid 2000s:
Link Removed

Perhaps call Reich (contact details on their website) and ask where you can get the switch.

Alternatively, contact Marcle Leisure (same tap shown) they are knowledgable and may stock the parts.
Link Removed

p.s. just looked at the JC posting and I think the second one down at £69.99 is the one you want.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back