More Advice please about water. (1 Viewer)

Chris65

Free Member
Oct 4, 2011
Castleford, West Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Newbie from 11/11/11
We drained our van of water before winter. All taps are open and the Truma water heater is empty. We have been using a water carrier for the little water we have used over our weekends away. We now want to get it ready for Newark and I cant remember the procedure for filling the tanks and water heater. We also have got some Puriclean so in what order would you do it all, thanks again.

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I always close all taps, drains etc , fill tank with water, add sterilising solution, if required,run the taps til it comes out( including hot water throught the heater but not actually hot) then leave for an hour. Drain and flush with fresh water. No doubt some will say I'm doing it wrong but I don't think I have ever been ill due to the water in the MH(also had caravans for 11+ years ). As I use the MH very regularily now I don't think it will need sterilising very often but a flush through now and again wouldn't do any harm. Hope this helps.:Smile:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Chris65

Chris65

Free Member
Oct 4, 2011
Castleford, West Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Newbie from 11/11/11
It helps a lot thanks. If we put water in to the tank does it go into the heater on its own then? I know we have to shut the valve on it before we put water in but thats all.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
It helps a lot thanks. If we put water in to the tank does it go into the heater on its own then? I know we have to shut the valve on it before we put water in but thats all.
With mine, past and present, if I put the tap to hot or open the hot tap the water fills the hot tank/heater then comes through to the taps. Might be different on some others but as far as hot water goes I don't worry too much as I don't drink it direct and the heat should kill most bugs ( fairy the rest) lol.:Smile::Smile::Smile:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back