Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Washed my mh today and discovered a couple of lengthy hair line cracks in the monocoque roof of my autosleeper ravenna. Should I panic? Or is it simply a matter of getting them filled?

Also noticed the roof light is cracked but not where it will allow water to enter the inside. I would like to replace it and I am sure there is a motorhome breaker somewhere - I think in Wales. Could anyone help with contact details?

Norman

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
If they are hair line cracks in the gel coat this is quite normal after a few years had a Talisman that developed these after a couple of years never bothered with them, they never caused any problems, also had a Reliant that did the same never caused any problems with that either. I expect there is a way of filling and maybe someone will be able to tell you how to fill, but if only in gel coat I would not bother.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
as others have said it will be the gel coat and nothing to worry about but keep checking it.

you could rub some good solid wax over the cracking to be on the safe side.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I have a couple on the corners

I have some on my Winnebago Aspect on the rounded corner .. well a few, but they stay the same and I just polish them... it is normal on fibreglass.

Bob

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Washed my mh today and discovered a couple of lengthy hair line cracks in the monocoque roof of my autosleeper ravenna. Should I panic? Or is it simply a matter of getting them filled?

Also noticed the roof light is cracked but not where it will allow water to enter the inside. I would like to replace it and I am sure there is a motorhome breaker somewhere - I think in Wales. Could anyone help with contact details?

Norman

Hi Norman
I have some on my Pescara but they don't leak so not that bothered but did wonder if the roof was strong enough to allow me to clamber over it so I don't:thumb: which roof light? the big front one or one of the small one's?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
normanandsue

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Norman
I have some on my Pescara but they don't leak so not that bothered but did wonder if the roof was strong enough to allow me to clamber over it so I don't:thumb: which roof light? the big front one or one of the small one's?

My roof certainly holds me standing up, and doesn't flex at all despite my 15 stone weight. The overab area is a definite no no so I give that a miss.

the roof light that is cracked is the small one over the kitchen area and it does not leak and and water would not enter the mh.

Norman

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Ok in that case i wouldn't worry about it that much, but I don't imagine that they are that expensive, what make are they?

Must admit I'm not to keen on walking about on my roof, just can't see them being that strong, even if I am a little lighter than you:winky:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back