York city (1 Viewer)

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
Hi does anyone know of a CL site close to York with electric open now where i can use my bus pass to get there or otherwise a car park in the city to park a motorhome cheers Rod:thumb:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
You could try the Lord Nelson at Nether Poppleton. Bus stop just outside. Mind you it was years ago when I stayed there but nice pub in nice village. Not too fussy about the 5 van limit when I was there.

I think Upper Poppleton just along the road has a railway station.

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
There is a C&CC cert site at Stockton lane , York. YO32 9UB
Tel 01904 424222.

I have never been to it but it is on the outskirts of York not far from the A64.
York has a good park and ride system and you should be able to get a MH in the park (they get buses in ::bigsmile:)

Hope that helps :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Just had a look thrugh the book and there is a site called Naburn Lock which may be better for you. You can even get the water bus into York from there.

www.naburnlock.co.uk

We spent a week there last September. Its a really nice site with very friendly owners. The bus stops at the site entrance and it takes you right into the middle of York.

The water bus is expensive and I think it only runs once a day.

(Dogs are free and its got lots of awards and a certificate and it very nearly won one, don't worry in joke)
Link Removed
Jim
:roflmto:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Just booked at Naburn Lock, looks good !.

It is. The site itself is very tidy and well laid out. There are plenty of showers and loos regularly and well cleaned, There's a little shop which has lots of tourist info. The Lock is a five minute walk down a dirt road. If your lucky you will be there to watch the trout jumping the weir to get up river.

There's a mobile chippy that comes on to site once a week and it excellent. The village is a 15min walk along the road and they do very good pub grub.

The bus is about every 30mins and takes you right into the middle of York.
Jim
:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back