LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Having been motorhoming for a few years, I have found those people who use motorhomes to be really nice people.

The industry as a whole is less than wholesome.

There are no end of tales of dodgy dealers, who would sell their grandmother for a profit and know that the 'punter' will never come back and use them again, the standard of aftercare for some is at best awful. NOTE NOT ALL, but some...

There are stories about those who make the motorhomes and mess up and turn their backs on the 'owners'. Walk away and shrug their shoulders, thre was one funster on here who said that the manufacturer had installed a part wrong when the motorhome was built,but, refused to take any responsibility.

There are those on the fringes who are no better than vultures praying on the vulnerable and foolhardy.

I am not saying that all dealers, manufacturers or 3rd part suppliers are bad, but the industry has more than its fair share.

Glossy webpages mean NOTHING?

Beofe all the dealers etc get on their high horses, I said some...

Are we blighted with more than our fair share? I wonder?

Some of the qualifications and awards are no better than the medals on Coloner Gadaffi's chest, pure tat..Bling at best.

Or am I having a bad day?

Good dealers etc may thet continue..

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Having been motorhoming for a few years, I have found those people who use motorhomes to be really nice people.

The industry as a whole is less than wholesome.

There are no end of tales of dodgy dealers, who would sell their grandmother for a profit and know that the 'punter' will never come back and use them again, the standard of aftercare for some is at best awful. NOTE NOT ALL, but some.....

All our new and pre-owned motorhomes have full PDi inspections and rectification services both on the mechanical and habitation and come with a comprehensive warranty plus our exclusive Johns Cross 5 years habitation services voucher included to show our committment to your future after care.

:thumb: Peter

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
All our new and pre-owned motorhomes have full PDi inspections and rectification services both on the mechanical and habitation and come with a comprehensive warranty plus our exclusive Johns Cross 5 years habitation services voucher included to show our committment to your future after care.

:thumb: Peter

YOu are fine Biggles, but there are a lot out there who are not...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Mate.. try living in a bikers world.

Main stealers lying through their teeth about work done or needed.. people waiting for over a year for parts, Bigger dealers offering a pittance for a px as they know the bike coming in is below their own interest and will just send it to auction.. the list goes on and on ( and is why I started doing what I do.. If I can win best dealer two years running it just goes to show how bloody awful most are :Angry: )

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
you must be having a bad day:Sad:

Not really, I shall give you a non motorhome example..

Three or so years ago, I changed my telephone to a Nokia 5800, great phone, but it would not pair with the Honda Hands free, I asked for assistance from Honda, Vodafone and Nokia, and eventually gave up. I then changed to Apple iphone, no issues.

I am about to change my phone again, so as a pre-emptive move I decided to contact Honda to see if there were any issues with the Samsung handset that I am about to obtain, sensible move I thought. No, it was a really stupid one, let me explain.

I contacted the Handset compatibility section in Germany, they don’t acknowledge any Honda CV bought before 2008, so I explained in my mail that I was using my 2005 CRV, they replied, they wanted more info regarding the handset, I advised by return e-mail that the model was the Samsung Galaxy II S or potentially the Galaxy III.

They replied,
“Honda Handsfree Web Support [3372920-2]

Dear Mr

Thank you for your reply.
As far as I am informed, the 2005 model of the CRV is not equipped with our Handsfree System.

Nevertheless, please let us know if you have a "talk"-button or "Handsfree"-button on your steering wheel and what your Handsfree system looks like.

We look forward to hear from you.

Best regards

Now, I know I may have bad days and at my age my eyesight is not as good as when I was 21, but, the handset was a standard HONDA, hands-free kit bought from Honda, fitted by Honda.!!!

So I decide to phone the Honda Customer Contact Centre on: 0845 200 8000..

So I dialed the number, Blah blah, then,
“Some telephone calls to the Honda Customer Contact Centre may be recorded for training and/or auditing purposes”

Press 1 if you have an incident number, Press 2 if it’s a new enquiry.

So I press 2.
“Some telephone calls to the Honda Customer Contact Centre may be recorded for training and/or auditing purposes”

While I am waiting for a person to speak to I get, yes you guessed it,

So that is 3 times you have repeated the same message, now I am paying for this call, it’s my time you are wasting to be held in a queue and to have the same message repeated over and over is just an insult to my intelligence.

I eventually get through to the Honda Contact Centre, I explain that I am after the model /serial number for my Honda hands free kit.
At this stage my blood pressure is orbital, when the you man stated that they do not hold that information!!!!. He offered to put me through to a dealer, who would look up the information for me, This was eventually done.

Today, I get another message, regarding the hands free for my Suzuki, they have no idea.

All in all I have sent three/four emails, a few calls and I am still none the wiser!!

How hard can it be?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
more than a true word

While there are many dealers that do shape up and do what it says on the tin.. there are many that do not..

You are only saying what a lot are thinking... me included.

Bob

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hilda thats why I stick with my old Nokia 9310, its just a telephone, no bloody fancy gadgets and it fits in my Merc.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back