Free Member
Jan 17, 2012
Powys
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
"I'm a newbie"
[SIZE="I own a kontiki 665 and wonder if anyone can tell me if there is a way to fit a skirt without using those press stud things.5"][/SIZE]:shout:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
[SIZE="I own a kontiki 665 and wonder if anyone can tell me if there is a way to fit a skirt without using those press stud things.5"][/SIZE]:shout:

Velcro strips or 'C' rail sections possibly, if you want to stop draughts or keep dogs inside a privacy you could also use windbreaks

Peter

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Same as you we wanted a skirt, for draughts, and didn't like the press stud idea.

As Peter says, C section channel, or awning channel, is ideal. I was able to instal it under the side so it isn't particuarly visable. As for the skirt, easy, you can get a couple of different heights and buy it at the lenght you want and it's pre made with the awning bead, really doesn't get any easier in my book.

The bits can be got at most decent Caravan/Motorhome stores and lenghts up to 3 meters are normal for the C channel and if you need more look about for longer.

The place we bought from had an excellent tip for the wheel arch. Get a lenght of the plastic figure of eight, usually come in one meter ish lenghts and cheap as chips and cut to the gap in the C channels either side of the wheen arch and use a section of the skirt inverted to cover the wheel arch. I conceeded defeat here and used three press studs around the arch, but overall looks tidy and means I haven't got heards of the 'orrible buggers down the side of Winne:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
Same as you we wanted a skirt, for draughts, and didn't like the press stud idea.

As Peter says, C section channel, or awning channel, is ideal. I was able to instal it under the side so it isn't particuarly visable. As for the skirt, easy, you can get a couple of different heights and buy it at the lenght you want and it's pre made with the awning bead, really doesn't get any easier in my book.

The bits can be got at most decent Caravan/Motorhome stores and lenghts up to 3 meters are normal for the C channel and if you need more look about for longer.

The place we bought from had an excellent tip for the wheel arch. Get a lenght of the plastic figure of eight, usually come in one meter ish lenghts and cheap as chips and cut to the gap in the C channels either side of the wheen arch and use a section of the skirt inverted to cover the wheel arch. I conceeded defeat here and used three press studs around the arch, but overall looks tidy and means I haven't got heards of the 'orrible buggers down the side of Winne:thumb:

you could always have put the press studs on the wheel side of the wheel arch that way they wont be seen at all from the outside and if you use that flexible white plastic awning channel on the bottom of the side of the van there will be virtually nothing seen at all:thumb:

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
you could always have put the press studs on the wheel side of the wheel arch that way they wont be seen at all from the outside and if you use that flexible white plastic awning channel on the bottom of the side of the van there will be virtually nothing seen at all:thumb:

There a good idea too, mind you on Winne the last press stud may be difficult(skin removing) as it's a bit tight in the wheel arch:thumb:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back