Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
:Doh::Doh:
THE PIPE THAT YOU USE TO FILL THE WATER TANK ON MY VAN HAS GOT A LEAK ON IT DRIPPING INTO THE WARDROBE WHEN FILLING UP WITH WATER IS IT A HARD JOB TO REPLACE?AND HOW?
ALL HELP WITH THANKS.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Ours consists of a simple piece of pipe with a jubilee clip attaching it at either end. I've neve had to change it but it looks straightforward enough. It may vary from one m/h to another so you may need to investigate further.
Wyn

OP
OP
tick59

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
:Doh::Doh:
WILL HAVE A GOOD LOOK. JUST NOT SURE IF YOU CAN DO IT FROM INSIDE THE VAN OR IF YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE FILLER OFF THE OUTSIDE ????

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
This should be easy to replace....most dealers would carry spare tube by the metre.

You could also carry out a repair with self amalgamating tape like this one...Link Removed

Brian

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We had a similar problem with our Autoquest 100. It seemed to be caused by the fact that the pipe was wire reinforced and flexing had caused a split. In that case the filler pipe was easily accessible because the tank was underneath the forward dinette seat but, if the floor of the wardrobe is removable (as it was in ours) it shouldn't be too difficult.

As Wyn said, the pipe is secured by jubilee clips.

I obtained a more solid piece of pipe (no wire reinforcement) from Link Removed, cut it to length and put some clear silicone sealant on each of the male fittings (filler cap & tank) before fitting it and securing the jubilee clips.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Another cheaper place to buy the pipe is pet shops that sell aquariums and accessories. Last time I had to replace one, I got the pipe for under ÂŁ5. Replacing is easy dependant on access requiring just unscrewing jubilee clips. If the inside of the filler cap has been covered by the wardrobe, undo the screws on the outside and extract it with pipe attached, having first undone the tank end. Refit the new pipe to the filler and reinstall in reverse, but make a seal to the van with non setting mastic before inserting the screws.

Also make sure it is the pipe leaking, and not the filler, as the joint between them flexes and puts the filler under stress

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Can you just fill it up from the tank? then we can have a look at Eden Camp and get it sorted.

or why don't you get Chris to fix it? :ROFLMAO:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Can you just fill it up from the tank? then we can have a look at Eden Camp and get it sorted.

Good point Paul.

How long a piece do you need Bill? I've just been into the garage and found the offcut left from when I did ours (never throw owt away). It's just over 20 inches long and you're welcome to it if it's long enough.

It's "shields vac xhd series 148". Can't find any references in this country on Google though.

OP
OP
tick59

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"

or why don't you get Chris to fix it? :ROFLMAO:

:RollEyes::RollEyes:

Can fill the tank up no problem as long as one of us is inside to cover the leak with a cloth,Chris says bring your tools with you to Eden Camp then the two of you can sort it while i supervise with a Pint in my hand.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
to get by without the leak for now. just push the filler hose, without a fitting on preferably, down the fill pipe past the point where it leaks or into the tank. This way you dont need a second person with a cloth

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
My filler pipe fortunately doesn't leak (touch wood) but would be a right pain if it did because it goes into the tank low down so has water in it all the time.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
:RollEyes::RollEyes:

Can fill the tank up no problem as long as one of us is inside to cover the leak with a cloth,Chris says bring your tools with you to Eden Camp then the two of you can sort it while i supervise with a Pint in my hand.

It shouldn't matter anyhoo as neither of ya wash :ROFLMAO:

Ya only need water for Chris's coffee and she can have a flask :Cool:

Graham
Can you bring that spare pipe you have please?

OP
OP
tick59

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
Good point Paul.

How long a piece do you need Bill? I've just been into the garage and found the offcut left from when I did ours (never throw owt away). It's just over 20 inches long and you're welcome to it if it's long enough.

It's "shields vac xhd series 148". Can't find any references in this country on Google though.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
NOT SURE HOW LONG WE NEED IT TO BE CHRIS HAS NOT MESURED IT YET!!!

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
It shouldn't matter anyhoo as neither of ya wash :ROFLMAO:

Ya only need water for Chris's coffee and she can have a flask :Cool:
Shouldn't mock the afflicted Paul. They are Geordies after all :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Graham
Can you bring that spare pipe you have please?
Will do. I'll even soak it in sterilising solution :Smile:

I'm pretty sure I've got a couple of new jubilee clips as well.

If you supply the tools, Paul, all that is need is labour - and as the odd one out will be Bill he can do the job whilst we watch :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
tick59

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
Shouldn't mock the afflicted Paul. They are Geordies after all :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Will do. I'll even soak it in sterilising solution :Smile:

I'm pretty sure I've got a couple of new jubilee clips as well.

If you supply the tools, Paul, all that is need is labour - and as the odd one out will be Bill he can do the job whilst we watch :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
THANKS FOR THE OFFER TO HELP. BUT AS I'VE BEEN ON THE SICK SINCE SEPT 2011. THE DOCTOR SAYS I JUST HAVE TO WATCH PEOPLE WORK AS IT IS BAD FO ME ELF, SO I'LL WATCH YOU TWO DO THE WORK AND HAVE A BEER OR TWO.???

OP
OP
tick59

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
If I've got that right you are going to watch us have a beer or two. Hope you're buying :ROFLMAO:

:Doh::Doh::Doh:

SUNDAY 11/3/2012 CHRIS HAS DECIDED TO HAVE A GO AT GETTING THE PIPE OUT. THE WARDROBE DOOR IS OFF AND NOW SHE IS TRYING TO GET THE FLOOR OF THE WARDROBE OUT, I HAVE BEEN TOLD TO KEEP OUT THE WAY AS I'M GETTING ON HER TITS. LET YOU ALL KNOW HOW SHE GETS ON.

OP
OP
tick59

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
:Doh::Doh::Doh:
GOT THE WARDROBE BACK TOGETHER,PIPE STILL GOT A LEAK, MUST BE STUCK ON WITH SUPERGLUE COULD NOT GET IT OFF SO GOING TO TRY AND SEAL IT SOMEHOW???

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
just leave it till Eden Camp and let us [STRIKE][HI]professionals[/HI][/STRIKE] have a go.;

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back