Free Member
May 8, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1974 on and off
Just bought a new TV for the van and was wondering how other people transport theirs ie protect it from accidental damage. I'm unable to get mine in a cupboard ,it will have to travel in the luton.

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
We found that ours fits perfectly in an old aluminium toolbox/camera box that I had :eek:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
we have our TV mounted on a bracket

We have our TV (26" 230v mains) mounted on a swing arm in the front part of our B class RV... I purchased the bracket from Argo.. not cheap, around £150 and then mounted that to a Marine Ply frame I made up and the TV sits in a hole all the, But I can swing it out and tilt it if I want.. Why not investigate if you have somewhere that you can mount a bracket and then leave the TV out and connected all the time?

Bob

Last edited:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We use the packaging that came with the box ie the 2 sides made out of polystyrene and put our 22 inch screen in the locker above, its a tight fit so want fall out, along with the remotes and aerial when we don't want to put the sat dish up.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Laptop bag seems a good idea if its small enough. ESK had a good selection a week ago at 99p for anyone near Eastbourne. They might still have some left. Mine is one the fitted bracket/cupboard in the van so doesn't need it.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
mounted ours on a swing bracket from fleabay £15, yes fifteen. Bob you were seen off. Hee hee.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
mounted ours on a swing bracket from fleabay £15, yes fifteen. Bob you were seen off. Hee hee.

We have a mounted swing bracket but always remove the tv and package it up for travelling as afraid that it will bounce around too much and pull the tv or the bracket out of the wall causing damage to the wall.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
We have a mounted swing bracket but always remove the tv and package it up for travelling as afraid that it will bounce around too much and pull the tv or the bracket out of the wall causing damage to the wall.
joints kept tight and a bungee holds it back to the wall. not moved in 8 years.

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
The Avtex TV which came with the van stows away on a sliding TV bracket in the TV locker.

As the Avtex fitted behind the forward facing belted seats the boys use when travelling, I also fitted another 15" Flat LCD TV/DVD/USB which the boys can watch whilst travelling on longer journeys.

This is mounted with a normal Fold out TV bracket facing aft on the bulkhead just behind the driver. The bracket cost £14.99 from Wilkinsons. The identical bracket at Currys was priced at £49.99.

I just ensure the Allen bolts are all tight before we set off in the van. It has never moved and can be folded flay against the bulkhead if necessary.

Callum

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back