Nov 2, 2011
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Spring 2012
Morning all,

about to go to bed::bigsmile: another night shift over.

If non a member, how much extra would I expect to pay for a cc,cl,
etc club site?

Cheers
2dogs

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
some are only open to members as part of their licence. Others it can be a couple of quid or more per night extra. Obviously the big sites its a lot more, this is just the 5 van cl & cc sites

Upvote 0

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I am a member of cc and i have never been asked at a cl for my membership card.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I am a member of cc and i have never been asked at a cl for my membership card.

Also a CC member and agree Gerry, many don't , especially the quiet rural ones.. but if you call to book they usually will..

I just made a booking at a CL in Wales, and the first question was 'membership number'

To answer the OP

CLs are officially for members only .. although some turn a blind eye .. busy or popular ones generally don't.

Club sites are a mix, some allow non members others not .

If you plan to use Club sites and Cls, I'd say it is money well spent.

Upvote 0
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi , 90% don't seem to ask for membership card but once I was asked for my card as they thought that we might be the club's inspectors , checking that things were being done correctly ( I think it was because we stopped at the entrance to check ground conditions , pitches and toilets before venturing onto site to part with money). We joined both clubs initally to get the sites book of various clubs for future reference also we could produce cards even if run out the following year ( then say that we brought the old cards in error if questioned). Terry

Upvote 0

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
camping and caravan club often dont ask, especially at the small places, when booking the larger sites, especially the forest sites (brilliant) they will, and it does pay, you even get an age discount which makes a deal of difference.
As for the Nazi Party, not sure how they operate it, but i would think it would be either 1) overbooked already by greedy members who will cancel at the last minute 2) Three forms of ID, written confirmation and two of your kids as deposit. You can recover some of the cost of using a Nazi party (caravan club) site, by going around collecting all the "DO NOT" posters and taking them to a paper recyclers.:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
camping and caravan club often dont ask, especially at the small places, when booking the larger sites, especially the forest sites (brilliant) they will, and it does pay, you even get an age discount which makes a deal of difference.

Funny you should say that. I stayed at Christchurch forest site this weekend, and when I arrived I simply gave my name and was given the barrier passkey. Was never asked for my membership card.

With the list of arrivals printed out on a piece of paper in plain view I could have pretended to be anyone :thumbdown:

Upvote 0

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well the CC wardens look you up on the puter if you arrive on spec and haven't got your card or your new card. (same as the National Trust) CL's of course don't go to that expense!

Dunno what happens with affiliated sites; probably HAVE to produce your card.

I've only once been asked for our membership no when pre-booking a CL and that was (I think) because it wasn't the owner, but someone who was house sitting whilst they were away.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
2dogs

2dogs

Free Member
Nov 2, 2011
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Spring 2012
Thanks all for the replies,

I was just curious really. Will be joining one or other or both sometime.

Time for bed again .... ::bigsmile:

Cheers
2dogs

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back