Free Member
Dec 9, 2007
kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
Yes I know, of all the things to worry about in my planning it is my wife's hair. What do the ladies do when they are away in strange countries. How do they cope with the 'lingo' when they are in the chair? They are bad enough in the UK hairdressers that they know.

ken

Henryhymer

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
Funster No
Take a picture of what you want your hair to look like and show it to the hairdresser. Generally works and you end up with something vaguely like it. If it goes wrong it grows and you can try again next time!

2escapees

Deleted User
Try learning a bit of the language or take dictionary!

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
Try learning a bit of the language or take dictionary!

I agree - or perhaps better write down exactly what you want before you go. I've found it works for me and for friends who have done this:thumb:. Mind you it always helps when I get home and He tells me I look wonderful!:ROFLMAO:

Di

theboadacea

Free Member
Oct 1, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Well, took me a year to grow the colour out, spent a year traveling then as soon as I got back to home county, dyed it again.

I don't really care about style just as long as the roots are not completely out of control. It is long so just tends to hang rather than adopt a style.

Is a complete nightmare in the van shower though. We have a nice shower but tend to find that the hair gets everywhere and the pressure is not like a power shower so as it does not force it down the plug hole I have to clean (and I mean dehair) the shower whenever I have been anywhere near it. Don't know quite how I still have a full head of hair. It just does not seem possible.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

IanH

Free Member
Apr 6, 2008
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
Only got 2 weeks left over here in the states and Doreen has already booked her hair the 2nd day back.Tried the photo idea,that was a no go ,she had her hair done 4 times in 5 months and i went through hell for a week each time.I dont think they know any style other than short (perhaps they are used to cutting hair for the forces):ROFLMAO:
Good luck ,i dont envy you one bit

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
If it goes wrong it grows and you can try again next time!

LOL, sounds like an acquaintance who used to say "the only thing wrong with a bad haircut is two weeks".

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
....she had her hair done 4 times in 5 months .... I dont think they know any style other than short ...

Ian, you should try taking the missus to a ladies' hair salon instead of a men's barber ::bigsmile:

IanH

Free Member
Apr 6, 2008
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
Tom
She always said i am a cheap skate,i thought it was funny when the hairdresser asked me if i wanted something for the weekend:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
I totally agree with the 2 escapees.

NEVER thought I would say that.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread