Guess what we've just got .... (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We've been thinking of getting another pooch for a while now especially since I've now left work so I have the time to look after/train a new little monster. :thumb: To cut a very long story short we have been to see varous pups and dogs both 'private sales' and at rescue centres but they weren't suitable and we were just about to give up when hubby spotted the below being advertised on the web. She's a cross chihuahua/jack russell (I can spell it now!) - I know she's a mongrel (I'm not bothered at all about that) so I've named her particular 'cross' as a chisel ... Chi(hauhau Jack Rus)sel. :ROFLMAO:

She is nearly 5 months old, fully vaccinated, wormed and micro-chipped and is adorable - just the size I was looking for - she currently weighs around 3.5kg so by the time she's done a bit of growing she should end up about the size of our Lily (Savage) who's a very small Patterdale. :Smile:

When we went to see her (at Doncaster) as soon as the owner opened the front door the little mite came bounding out towards me wagging like mad and licking me silly!!! What a lovely greeting!!! Needless to say that was it, no way was she not going to be coming home with us!

Romy and Lily are slowly getting used to having this 'rat on speed' hurtling about, giving her a wide berth at first but very curious too, when Chris accidentally made her 'squeak' when he picked her up, Romy was straight there to see if she was okay, giving her a good sniff. Lily doesn't really know what to make of her yet but they're enjoying playing together although I don't think Romy is too impressed with the 'needles' for teeth biting he ears and tail! :Blush:

She's the absolute perfect size and temperament for us so I'm so glad we made the trip to Doncaster for her - the owner has just managed to get a full-time job so could no longer dedicate the time to her that she needs, but we can tell that the family really loved her and had taken good care of her; they wanted some photos and cuddles before we left. We've promised to send them some photos of her when we she goes on holiday to France, Spain etc in a couple of months time. She's now had her rabies vaccination and a check-up at the vets and is booked in to be spayed next month.

Her original name was Daisy but we have changed it to Tazmine (as in the Tazmanian Devil) and she's already answering to Tazzy. She's absolutely adorable, really, really friendly and happy, with boundless energy .... can't see us getting much rest for a while though!

Attachments

• Tazzy.jpg
    Tazzy.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 116

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
How adorable, she's soo beautiful. I really hope you have many happy years with her, she's worth it. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Lovely!

I know a female Jack who could well also be called Taz !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Mel what a little beauty, one little dog who has found a home where she will be loved and looked after, I am sure she will keep you on your toes.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Looks like you have a bundle of fun and trouble there::bigsmile::thumb:

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
What a cutie. Sounds just like opur JRX pom/King Charles/something fluffy!
A bundle of energy zips round the house, plagues Blue though their best mates and torments Pip who is just, after 5 months with us beginning to play with her! She persrcutes Blue but as soon as Pip appears to referee them playing she kotows to her, she a great groveller!

Any way less of my dogs.

What have you called her?

Attachments

• scamp.jpg
    scamp.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 30
  • scamp1 copy.jpg
    scamp1 copy.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 30
  • scamp2 copy.jpg
    scamp2 copy.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 28
  • scamp3.jpg
    scamp3.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 28
OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We called her Tazzy (Tazmanian Devil!) and she now knows it quite well, she's acting as if she's always been here and loves Romy (cross greyhound/staffie) - I am amazed at how tolerant Romy is with her as she doesn't normally like dogs but Tazzy can do just about anything to her! Lily (Patterdale) is now starting to play a bit with her but doesn't appreciate the game of 'chase my stumpy tail' that Tazzy keeps playing.

The below photos show Romy on her own waggling her back feet (don't ask my why she does this as I haven't a clue!); Tazzy chasing Lily on the beach on Sunday, and all 3 of them romping around.

Attachments

• Stump chasing.jpg
    Stump chasing.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 29
  • waggly feet.jpg
    waggly feet.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 29
  • Beach romping.jpg
    Beach romping.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 32

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Mel they look like three very happy dogs.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
so nice to see happy dogs enjoting themselves and being loved :thumb:

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Doggies with a forever home. Excellent. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Tazmainian Devils are us

Oh dear oh dear, what have you done!!!

Tiggi has been a member of our family for the last 14 yrs a larger breed of Jack Russell, he has those Queen Anne front legs and is built like one of those brick things.

Sorry to have to say most Jack Russell`s don`t require any training at all, you show them something once and that`s that they want to know what`s next.
They are always in a hurry to be somewhere else and are the most faithful companions.
Tiggi loves it when we make a move towards the motorhome, mmhh lots of walks and interesting places coming up.

Taz looks adorable and is one lucky doggie having such a good home.

We just might be looking for a puppy ourselves.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Oh dear oh dear, what have you done!!!

Tiggi has been a member of our family for the last 14 yrs a larger breed of Jack Russell, he has those Queen Anne front legs and is built like one of those brick things.

Sorry to have to say most Jack Russell`s don`t require any training at all, you show them something once and that`s that they want to know what`s next.
They are always in a hurry to be somewhere else and are the most faithful companions.
Tiggi loves it when we make a move towards the motorhome, mmhh lots of walks and interesting places coming up.

Taz looks adorable and is one lucky doggie having such a good home.

We just might be looking for a puppy ourselves.

Opps for got to show a photo of our little bundle of mischief.

Broken Link Removed

robnchris-albums-tiggi-picture4043-tig-her-prezzie.html

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Lily and Tazzy are happy together and Lily even let her share the bean bag! ::bigsmile:

Attachments

• Lily and Tazzy on bean bag.jpg
    Lily and Tazzy on bean bag.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 13

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
They look like Ying and Yang. Lovely dogs.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back