Free Member
Feb 25, 2012
London
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
two years
Hi all. I've just bought a 1995 CI Sirio and it doesn't have a cassette toilet. Underneath there's a lever to pull and it'll al drop out. Yuk!

So, what are these toilets called? And is there a purpose made tank to catch the waste so I can take it away and dispose of it? Of so, I'd appreciate a pointer.

I'm guessing that not all sites will have toilet waste disposal drainage points in the ground. But then again I've never looked as I had porta potti in my campervan.

Grateful for advice.

Thanks.

Michael

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Hi all. I've just bought a 1995 CI Sirio and it doesn't have a cassette toilet. Underneath there's a lever to pull and it'll al drop out. Yuk!

So, what are these toilets called? And is there a purpose made tank to catch the waste so I can take it away and dispose of it? Of so, I'd appreciate a pointer.

I'm guessing that not all sites will have toilet waste disposal drainage points in the ground. But then again I've never looked as I had porta potti in my campervan.

Grateful for advice.

Thanks.

Michael

NO.....just keep the locker door closed when it's in use and when full you may just need a shovel :Eeek:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007

Grateful for advice.

Thanks.

Michael

This one was for sale and it states that it has a cassette toilet..

Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
T

Toyclean

Free Member
Feb 25, 2012
London
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
two years
Ha, I was opening myself up to poo gags!

Yeah, the other one for sale was exactly the same. Perhaps a tank is meant to be slotted underneath but I didn't see any fixing s for one. No bloody manual either to check but that's a different challenge.

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
In this Motor Caravan unfriendly country you will only find dump facilities in some club sites.

In France and Italy on our recent trip there were "Camper Dump Point" signed from the Autoroutes/Autostrada all along the Med coast. These are drive over dump points in the service areas. They are also used by the long distance coaches with toilets onboard. Just pull the handle, Dump and swill away any residue.

In this country you need a container to catch the tank contents and then wheel/carry it away to a point convieniently located for tuggers.

The type of toilet you have is termed a ships toilet. Large RV have this type of holding tank and they have macerator pumps to evacuate the tank contents through a pipe. That is why Bournes at Aires have electric points that give 10 minutes or so of electric to assist with this pumping.

John

OP
OP
T

Toyclean

Free Member
Feb 25, 2012
London
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
two years
Great, getting there now, ships our marine toilet it is. Any ideas on a suitable container for the UK? Just a bucket with a lid? The diameter of the disposal shoot looks a bit wide for the wheeled waste containers I've seen, unless anyone can suggest otherwise.

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
35gal Thetford SmartTote 35XL. is what you may need mate here is the web site for you to look at, Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Link Removed

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
We've (now) got the 35xl and it's great but no good for touring it's HUGE:Eeek:

Frankley we find it rare we can't dump but for those moments we have a Fiamma roll tank, as long as you stop the flow when the bobble pops up it's easy to lift so can be tipped down you average 'elsan' point, obviously if there is a manhole nearby easier still.

Fiamma do a connecting hose, which is rather pricey, but it gives a secure fitting to the tank so it's just a case of sorting a suitable fitting for the van and off you go.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
To be honest, I would consider fitting a standard cassette toilet in place of the ships one you have. You then would not need the extra tank or mess involved

Look on EBay if your on a budget, as there are often caravans being broken up for spares. Fitting is pretty easy if you can use basic tools like a jigsaw. Otherwise get a local mobile fitter do it for you, although this will push the price up

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
In france last year we stopped at some services for a break.

I got out and lit a cigarette and stretched my legs. I wandered over to an area which had a motorhome sign. As I got there I realised I was standing right by a dump point with "material" all splattered around.

Much retching followed:Sad::Doh:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
The holding tank is normal in RV's (yanks)

The holding tank is normal in RV's and has been for as long as I have owned them (25 years).. it is simple to use... I have dumped into a carrier then hauled it to a dump point, but these days I have a portable macerator that fits on to a flat high pressure hose 8 bar and I connect the macerator to the dump valve (comes in a carry case).. screw on the hose and then hit the switch and pump the waste (water now) to my dump point at home or on camp sites or at shows. Easy to use, lasts 3 to 5 days and none of the hauling (carrying) a unit to a dump point... Once you get in to using one you will never go back to the porta pot tie type thing in most european vans.

Plenty of RV companies over here sell the equipment .. on Ebay look under American Motorhome spares and you will find several UK dealers that have them.

Bob

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi, many service stations on motorways or big coach parks .try coach depots they have toilet drops . you will soon start to see them .have a word with a local coach operator they maybe able to give you a list of many. there are alot out there.

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
l too have a holding tank, when it's time for emptying connect the 3" hose, place t'other end into waste point, or sewer, and pull lever, gone! Then pull waste water lever and that washes out the pipe. Easy. And like Bob said earlier, if you are not near, or cannot get near a suitable waste point, connect the macerator and suitable hose, switch on, and get rid of it in an instant.

Craig

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
after a quick search i find there is a specific cassette for this type of toilet.

it slides in underneath the toilet bowl from below in the same way a regular motorhome cassette does.

personally I don't fancy the idea of an open container lurking under the van ......not on a hot summer day anyway.
shit-emoticon.gif
:Eeek:...

so i would try to source the correct cassette.

OP
OP
T

Toyclean

Free Member
Feb 25, 2012
London
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
two years
Well, thanks all. Looks like I'll need to cover both bases: 1. Pay attention to ground level emptying points and 2. Get some kind of container for when there's no suitable emptying point. Time for a bit of measuring up the poop shoot!

Fun fun fun.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
In france last year we stopped at some services for a break.

I got out and lit a cigarette and stretched my legs. I wandered over to an area which had a motorhome sign. As I got there I realised I was standing right by a dump point with [HI]"material"[/HI] all splattered around.

Much retching followed:Sad::Doh:

Material; what the hell had they been eating........

.......perhaps they were so desperate it just ripped straight through the gusset and down the 'ole.....:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back