croatia (1 Viewer)

Jul 13, 2011
Stoney Stanton
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
We are planning to go to Croatia at the beginning of April, has anyone got any info on good sites? I understand wild camping is not allowed. Has anyone had any security issues
:Blush:

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
Cannot help much but look forward to seeing how you go as Croatia is on our list of places to go in the motorhome.

A few years ago we did tow a caravan into croatia, just as far as the island of Krk. Went to one site - on the coast about half way up - and it was full. Went on to next site, near the S end of the island. The site was at the bottom of a very steep narrow road, with cars parked up one side. When we got to the bottom, the site was busy but not full so we stayed. A german man offerred us his "prime" pitch, by the sea, provided I towed his van up the hill for him as my car was bigger than his and he was worried about getting up the hill!

I'm afraid we declined!

Krk was very attractive, but busy and the roads were very congested - but it was August. No issues with security, and as I recall it was quite cheap.

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
We went to Croatia & Slovenia in about 2002, went on a site at Moscenica Draga (not sure if that spelt right) nice site, showers, toilet, washing machines and 5 min walk to the beach, all pebbles in Croatia, it was very cheap at the time but prices have gone up now, would recommend the place.

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
We went to Croatia last August, it was very busy, it is very popular with the Germans and Dutch but many nationalities were there. The sites were very well equipped and clean. I would recommend booking your first site in advance just to give you a location to aim for. We went to Rovinj and Porec areas, lots of sites to choose from, EHU is available all over and the sites were of reasonable size.

The roads were busy but no problem apart from the Tom Tom not having the new roads registered.

The on site supermarkets are generally well stocked but the prices are higher than the local stores. Eating out is good value for money with a reasonable selection. Fuel prices are very good indeed. We found the locals very friendly and helpful.

We liked it so much we are going again this year.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
We are planning to go to Croatia at the beginning of April, has anyone got any info on good sites? I understand wild camping is not allowed. Has anyone had any security issues
:Blush:
We travelled to Croatia 3 years ago for one week and loved it. In fact we stayed 5 weeks. We stayed on the Istri coast and found the campsites very good. Thay are very large with some having 3000 pitches but very clean and organised. On our travels we used Camping Cheques but last year most of the sites in France were giving a better deal for cash instead of CC. I would always recommend Croatia but go soon before it overflows with tourism.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi. I went down through Croatia last September, nice trip and I may do simular in September this year. No problems, I did avoid the coastal road through Bosnia and used the ferry from Ploce to Trpanj instead (no insurance for Bosnia).

A few of my photo's from the trip are at :-

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/member...sept-2011.html

I did not have any security issues. The camp sites I used were from the ACSI disc.

There have been a few threads on trips to the area, it would be worth doing a search for them.

Nice area. :thumb::thumb:

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
BROKEN LINK

This is nice if you dont mind getting your kit off:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back