Jan 24, 2012
St Andrews
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2010 All Year Round!!
Hi,
In my Autoquest 115 (2008) there are twin black wires in the overhead lockers just before the cab, and a jack plug in the base of the wardrobe.

Any ideas what they are?:helpsos:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Possible cables for an audio system?

OP
OP
Noggin
Jan 24, 2012
St Andrews
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Possible cables for an audio system?
Yes, I think they are, the twin cables are terminated in small blade connectors, and not insulated, but where is the source? not the cab audio?
If it is the jack plug, what would have gone there?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I don't know if this will help but, in case you don't have one, a PDF version of the Elddis 2008 Motorhome Handbook is in the Explorer Archives Link Removed.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Yes, I think they are, the twin cables are terminated in small blade connectors, and not insulated, but where is the source? not the cab audio?
If it is the jack plug, what would have gone there?

Possibly a cd/dvd autochanger?

OP
OP
Noggin
Jan 24, 2012
St Andrews
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Yeah, maybe, my idea was to use them with the cab audio, but dont look like its connected!!
Thanks for the pdf link, I have that, but nothing in the circuit diagram!!?

Looks like the trusty meter and a length of wire is called for to see what is connected to what!!:RollEyes:

I have asked Elddis, so we shall see.............................

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Hi Noggin
Usually speaker cables are twin wires, one black the other black with a white trace, it's possible the cables you have found could be for a factory fitted alarm, just a thought. Let us know how you get on with Elddis, I have a 120 and would be interested in the out come.
Tony

OP
OP
Noggin
Jan 24, 2012
St Andrews
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I though it could be too Tony, the circuit diagram is a little vague at that bit!!
It seems odd that the source jack plug is at the bottom of the wardrobe if it was audio? but the main power cables are near!!?

I might be able to use them to connect an iPod :RollEyes: to speakers! (If i fit them!! :Smile: )

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I though it could be too Tony, the circuit diagram is a little vague at that bit!!
It seems odd that the source jack plug is at the bottom of the wardrobe if it was audio? but the main power cables are near!!?

I might be able to use them to connect an iPod :RollEyes: to speakers! (If i fit them!! :Smile: )

I had a coachman caravan with a fitted alarm, I remember the power pack and charger was fitted under a side seat, the cable running from the power pack to the control panel was twin wire with spade connectors on it.

To use my iPod I've replaced the standard radio with one that accepts the iPod plug and wired it so it's got a feed from the leisure battery so the bloody thing doesn't turn off every 20 mins.:thumb:

OP
OP
Noggin
Jan 24, 2012
St Andrews
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Oh great!! Now Elddis are being VERY silly!! My motorhome isnt on there system as belonging to me, and to do so, they want me to send them copies of my registration doc!! What ever happened to freedom of information!!:Eeek:
So far all they have done is agree with my thoughts, but not told me what the cables were really for!!
Ah well, more hoops to jump through!!.......................:shout:

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
Oh great!! Now Elddis are being VERY silly!! My motorhome isnt on there system as belonging to me, and to do so, they want me to send them copies of my registration doc!! What ever happened to freedom of information!!:Eeek:
So far all they have done is agree with my thoughts, but not told me what the cables were really for!!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::winky::winky:

ELDDIS Being Silly watch what your saying are you will be getting a call off the GEORDIE MAFIA. Ha! Ha!

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Oh great!! Now Elddis are being VERY silly!! My motorhome isnt on there system as belonging to me, and to do so, they want me to send them copies of my registration doc!! [HI]What ever happened to freedom of information[/HI]!!:Eeek:

Data Protection happened. Not bad really, at least they're not supplying info to some low-life thief....:thumb:

OP
OP
Noggin
Jan 24, 2012
St Andrews
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lol you are not kidding about the "Geordie Mafia" I had to call as I have no scanner to send my details, only a fax, and it was hard work!! I'm sorry but not very impressed with their customer service so far!!:Eeek: its a good job we love our little motorhome!!:RollEyes:

OP
OP
Noggin
Jan 24, 2012
St Andrews
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Right, they were happy with my docs that confirm I am the owner of the van!!:Smile:
Maybe I can get a better answer than:

[FONT=&quot]"The wiring and jack plug you refer to is for the installation of speakers as an option but are not connected"

I could have told them that!!:RollEyes: I just want to know if it is connected to the jack plug!!

"sigh" I think an few minutes with the meter will have to do:winky:
[/FONT]

OP
OP
Noggin
Jan 24, 2012
St Andrews
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
HA!!!! Contacted my "Local" dealer Perthshire caravans, spoke to a fitter, who was VERY helpful!!:Smile:

The speaker cables (Yes, that is what they are!!) probally run to the back of the cab audio unit, but wont be connected.
He thinks if i pull out the head unit, i should be able to find and connect them, looks like a rainy day job, and a couple of speakers from Halfords!!:RollEyes:

The jack plug!! I dont have mains heating as an option on the Truma, he thinks it is probally the "Sensing" lead from the control panel in some way?
(makes sense!! get it!!!:RollEyes:)
But it isnt connected to the speaker wires, (Like a manufacturer was leading me to believe!!)

Hope this ends up useful to others, will let you know if/when i fit extra speakers. Oh, and the man say there is a way to turn of the radio "Sleep" mode?

Keith.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
If your still using the original cd radio in the cab, dont forget to find the code for it BEFORE disconnecting

OP
OP
Noggin
Jan 24, 2012
St Andrews
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
:roflmto: been there, done that!!:Sad::cry:
Thanks for the reminder:Blush: