Tyre Pressures - Autosleeper Nuevo ES (1 Viewer)

Jul 13, 2011
Stoney Stanton
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
I have had conflicting views on what the tyre pressures should be on the above, one recommendation is to use the base vehicles pressures (Peugeot Boxer 79.5 psi alround) but autosleepers themselves say they should be 66 psi front and 70 psi rear. Any views:Doh:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
The base vehicle pressures wont be any good will they. Use the mh manufacturers pressures.

Jim
:Smile:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i have the same quandry..... Fiat say 5bar front 5.5 rear ( because the MH is equivelant to a highly laden base vwhicle and those are the recommended pressures...
however....
on the walls of the conti camper tyres is 69psi.....

i have also been given conflicting info.. Fiat recommend in writting on their web site for MH 5 / 5.5bar also I ahve been told that the marking of 69psi is for the US market only???

curently my pressures are 68psi ( checked the day the van was dleived new ) and drives a dream. so until i get better advice 68psi it is for me.

only worry is.. if you have an accident and as part of a vehicle investigation into cause the tyre pressures are checked wher do we stand??:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
the most accurate and reliable way is a trip to a weighbridge...loaded as for travelling.

you only need do it once if you dont change the load considerably.

get both individual axle weights and Email your tyre manufacturers who should then provide you with their recommended pressures... they made the tyres, they know best. :thumb:

tell them its a motorhome and they will need the size, load rating and, maybe, speed rating...and the axle weights

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
i have the same quandry..... Fiat say 5bar front 5.5 rear ( because the MH is equivelant to a highly laden base vwhicle and those are the recommended pressures...
however....
on the walls of the conti camper tyres is 69psi.....

i have also been given conflicting info.. Fiat recommend in writting on their web site for MH 5 / 5.5bar also I ahve been told that the marking of 69psi is for the US market only???

curently my pressures are 68psi ( checked the day the van was dleived new ) and drives a dream. so until i get better advice 68psi it is for me.

only worry is.. if you have an accident and as part of a vehicle investigation into cause the tyre pressures are checked wher do we stand??:Doh:

If I understand - your van is fitted with Continental tyres. The company is very good at advising on the correct pressures. Just get your vehicle weighed and email Continental with the weight on the front axle and rear axle - make sure you include the tyre details and size, and they will email back the pressures. Print it out and keep it with you. You then have a written record if ever you need it at a later date (assuming you don't alter the weight of the van too much).

The base vehicle manufacturers recommended pressures tend to be way too high in my experience, which then give a terrible ride.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
There was a similar thread in Match last year. I contacted Goodyear, manufacturer of the tyres on our (then) van and was given this advice:
With the load index being used then the pressure quoted in writing by the vehicle manufacturer will carry the weight of the vehicle.

Pressures for tyres are advised by the vehicle manufacturer rather than the tyre manufacturer.

Many vehicle designers will come up with totally different pressures to suit their vehicles and their desired handling characteristic.

There will have been a great deal of testing to come up to these conclusions. The pressures in tyres act as part of the vehicles suspension design therefore contributing to handling, stability, ride etc.

Contrary to popular belief pressures are not only advised based on the weight of the vehicle.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back