LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The good news,municipal site has good facilities and free WiFi bad news €22 a night. Never mind first thing I had to do was find a thin shirt..

Boat: Cap Finistaire probably worst I've ever sailed on. Poor food selection and tiny expensive shop. Small boat,it wobbled a lot.

We got here over mountain pass with snow and ice, now having to take beer for meddisssinal porposses.

Bye

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
cheer up its lovely an hot down here on the coast, Benidorm (camping villasol).:Cool:

watch them winds as you leave zaragossa....
safe trip....

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Boat: Cap Finistaire probably worst I've ever sailed on. Poor food selection and tiny expensive shop. Small boat,it wobbled a lot.

OH good - we're booked on that in September...

Catherine

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Good on you Brian...

Look forward to putting a face to a name...

Penelopepitstop said it will be an experiance I will never forget...:Cool:

Dont know what she meant....:Doh:

Perhaps like the first time I met her.... :cry::cry::cry::Eeek::Blush:

:winky::ROFLMAO:

Woops, forgot you dont do "Smiley`s"... :ROFLMAO::Angry:

Have a safe trip..:thumb:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Thanks for the heads up Brian, we are booked on that boat Thursday night. I hope that we don't see any snow and ice on our route to Aranjuez.
Safe journey

Brisey & Pam.

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Thanks for the heads up Brian, we are booked on that boat Thursday night. I hope that we don't see any snow and ice on our route to Aranjuez.
Safe journey

Brisey & Pam.
Road was ok but took N road to Logrono, glorious. 900m pass, nearly as good a Switzerland.
Shop is terrible, no beer. Food is continental sandwiches or £20/30 set meal.Very limiting.

At one point we were going wrong way,turned out Captain was taking a refresher exam, had to navigate dangerous rocks off Finistaire. I think he passed.

Good luck.

Deleted User
"Food is continental sandwiches or £20/30 set meal.Very limiting."

If you are talking about the Cap Finistere there are other alternatives, on deck 9 ( I think ) which is also partly open and the dog walking area, is a takeaway(Salad Bar) that does cheaper food like pizza, chips, burgers,soup etc. Not everyones cup of tea I must admit. Another alternative is the 'Petite Marché' where pasta meals etc can be bought and warmed up in a nearby microwave. Not as good as the Pont Aven or the Bretagne but we have found it OK.

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
The good news,municipal site has good facilities and free WiFi bad news €22 a night. Never mind first thing I had to do was find a thin shirt..

Boat: Cap Finistaire probably worst I've ever sailed on. Poor food selection and tiny expensive shop. [HI]
Small boat,it wobbled a lot.

We got here over mountain pass with snow and ice, now having to take beer for meddisssinal porposses.
[/HI]
Bye

I'd think something stronger for taking a boat over mountian passes...

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Cap Finistaire is a rubbish ship. We always try to go on the Pont Avon which takes you into Santander.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Safe journey

Brisey & Pam.

We were in Aranjuez a week ago , sunny but -9 at night , Its a beautiful place and Toledo is not far away, incredible . Easy train ride into Madrid, €5.80 return. Yes we had snow through the mountains :Smile:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
"Food is continental sandwiches or £20/30 set meal.Very limiting."

If you are talking about the Cap Finistere there are other alternatives, on deck 9 ( I think ) which is also partly open and the dog walking area, is a takeaway(Salad Bar) that does cheaper food like pizza, chips, burgers,soup etc. Not everyones cup of tea I must admit. Another alternative is the 'Petite Marché' where pasta meals etc can be bought and warmed up in a nearby microwave. Not as good as the Pont Aven or the Bretagne but we have found it OK.

And a reasonable english breakfast :thumb:

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
benicassim holiday mode

Made it, Bonterra park.
Cycled along the Med in short sleeved shirt, how decadent is that.
A mature site, mature FUNsters line this.
Now in training for a FUN meet, box of wine a day and 20 miles cycling.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Frankie and I should be travelling from Madrid airport area towards a place called the New Marjal on Sunday... is there going to be any risk of bumping into a Sausage Skin smuggler from the old country?

JJ :Cool:

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Frankie and I should be travelling from Madrid airport area towards a place called the New Marjal on Sunday... is there going to be any risk of bumping into a Sausage Skin smuggler from the old country?

JJ :Cool:

Are you feelin lucky punk ?

Deleted User
"box of wine a day "

"small boat, it wobbled a lot"

Sure it wasn't you that wobbled a lot :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Deleted User
Enjoy Benicassim, lots of Spanish stuff if thats what you like(we do), excellent market on Thursdays. Bontera Park is a bit busy for us but very convenient, we have spent 2/3 months at Ribamar in Alcossebre before Christmas for the last few years.Currently in Almeria, heading for Portugal in a few weeks, its a hard life !! ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Sorry, might sound patronising if you have been before - had a few vino tinto's in the sun this afternoon.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Enjoy Benicassim, lots of Spanish stuff if thats what you like(we do), excellent market on Thursdays. Bontera Park is a bit busy for us but very convenient, we have spent 2/3 months at Ribamar in Alcossebre before Christmas for the last few years.Currently in Almeria, heading for Portugal in a few weeks, its a hard life !! ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Sorry, might sound patronising if you have been before - had a few vino tinto's in the sun this afternoon.
I must say disappointed today, no cute cafes all along the front. We love to sit and drink mega expensive drinks by the sea. Nothing but apartments.

Deleted User
Might be worth a drive to Alcossebre, short seafront in centre of town with 4/5 bar/restnts with outside tables, sea views, good menu del dias for €11. Casa Isabel is our favourite run by a nice family of Columbians, not expensive - café con leche €1.20 with a free cakie. Two nice sites,both in tha ACSI book, Tropicana is more convenient for beach and town, Ribamar is an excellent site but a bit far out and the last mile is up a dirt road, not a problem though, we go up with our 5er.
Even though I am opposed to long term wild camping there are plenty of places both in and around where lots overnight. ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

Voyeur with a bit of luck.

But not seen a wench under 60 yet. This is Waiting for God territory.

And dangerous, the Spanish have not dreamed up pricing folks out of alcohol by a long way.

Italy has gone up in our estimation and I did not think that possible.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
If you want to see a bit of talent, go to Cabopino, near Marbella. We were there 4 weeks ago and on a warm sunny sunday, lots of people on the beach and this guy in his late twenties , tanned, muscular and good looking (just like me) was prancing up and down the beach stark naked doing various poses. When his todger started to droop :Sad: unbelievably he gave it encouragement :ROFLMAO:
The wife and I and others could not believe what we were seeing, and it was not a naturist beach :Blush:

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
If you want to see a bit of talent, go to Cabopino, near Marbella. We were there 4 weeks ago and on a warm sunny sunday, lots of people on the beach and this guy in his late twenties , tanned, muscular and good looking (just like me) was prancing up and down the beach stark naked doing various poses. When his todger started to droop :Sad: unbelievably he gave it encouragement :ROFLMAO:
The wife and I and others could not believe what we were seeing, and it was not a naturist beach :Blush:

What do you mean "Cabopino" "not a naturist beach" ?
It's not just naturist - it's a gay naturist pick up beach!!! Well it was when we were there in 2007!!
Also known as Meerkat Beach cos of all the old men popping up and down in the dunes looking for young talent!!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Crikey - I know which areas to avoid:Eeek:

Possibly the Funsters to avoid as well:ROFLMAO:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
It's not just naturist - it's a gay naturist pick up beach!!! Well it was when we were there in 2007!!
Also known as Meerkat Beach cos of all the old men popping up and down in the dunes looking for young talent!!

Don't you just love it. Talk about an English man abroad. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Jim
:roflmto:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004

Ohhh noooo, wish they would put a sign up :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• P1010148 copy.jpg
    P1010148 copy.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 10

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp

I told Larry that....:thumb:

And I told him I would be there strutting my stuff...:Cool:

He only bought Win down to try and embarass me....

And it worked... :cry::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Benicassim did not please. Campside good but close to railway and main road so did not sleep well. That end of town is deader than a dead thing after it's funeral.Cycling on front banned, cop told me off.

So now in Cap Blanche N of Benedorm. Right on the beach, good cycling, grand. And fee WiFi.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Benicassim did not please. Campside good but close to railway and main road so did not sleep well. That end of town is deader than a dead thing after it's funeral.Cycling on front banned, cop told me off.

So now in Cap Blanche N of Benedorm. Right on the beach, good cycling, grand. And fee WiFi.

We was up there yesterday Brian....

Went up for some English Fish N Chips... ::bigsmile:

Ended up in a bar opposite Poniente Beach...

"Danny`s Bar"... having a full English... :cry:

Then drove back to Marjal.. :RollEyes::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back