Sunshine...in the UK!!! Anyone else making the most of it? (1 Viewer)

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
The forecast was sunny, then cloudy, then sunny, then cloudy...

...but in the end I got lucky yesterday. Went down to Tenby Friday evening...still cloudy early yesterday morning when I drove around to Stackpole but then the sun came out and blue skies for a while :thumb:

Only negatives - my camera broke :cry: and somebody (last photo) stole one of the sultanas from my lunchtime scone :Smile:

Anyone else out and about this weekend?

Attachments

• SDIM2414.jpg
    SDIM2414.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 45
  • SDIM2425_2.jpg
    SDIM2425_2.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 46
  • SDIM2430_2.jpg
    SDIM2430_2.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 43
  • SDIM2434_2.jpg
    SDIM2434_2.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Image002.jpg
    Image002.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 53

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
We've just got back from a C & CC rally near Banbury.

Spent Thursday enjoying the sunshine in Stratford on the way down and sat outside the 'van with a cuppa when we got to the site.

Saturday was lovely and we went for a stroll round Banbury.

Yesterday we walked up Castle Hill in Brailes and sunbathed at the top.

Today we had a meander home in the sunshine.

Hard to believe it's still February!

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Jessica and Shona went off to cleethorpes yesterday and built sandcastles on the beach ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Sunny all weekend here in Llantrisant-I washed the van,put the bikes on the rack,fitted the new bike cover,sterilised fresh water tank,checked heating and hot water system,got all the bedding out of airing cupboard (in house),packed main underbed locker.
Carolyn restocked the 'basic' food cupboards,cleaned shower,toilet/wash area and kitchen area drawers and utensil cupboards.
We both started sorting our clothes for Marjal and the rest of the trip-8 weeks.
Apart from that,we watched Wales beat England and generally lazed around:ROFLMAO:

Mike.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs

...but in the end I got lucky yesterday. Went down to Tenby Friday evening...still cloudy early yesterday morning when I drove around to Stackpole but then the sun came out and blue skies for a while :thumb:

Only negatives - my camera broke :cry: and somebody (last photo) stole one of the sultanas from my lunchtime scone :Smile:

Beautiful photos. Hope the camera is repairable.

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Air Con working OK earlier !

A mere 23 degrees here in Marjal ! and as I write this miserable tome at 7.10 Spanish time it is currently....17 degrees !....Ace lunch at Longs bar today !! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)

What a lovely post Neil, so nice to feel spring is not far away, love the photo's.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years

Beautiful. I grew up down there:thumb:

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
had a stressful weekend in the sun putting a new fence up drilling out old concrete digging holes lumping round concrete posts and to top it all stressfull afternoon watching the carling cup final well done to cardiff:whatthe: but thanks for giving me the stress
king kenny is back with a trophy

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
I spent the weekend cleaning the motorhome inside and out looks really good now.
:thumb:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I can remember the time when we had cold winters and hot summers and never new any difference. Now....today I have spoken to my son in Chicago the temp there has just risen from -9 yesterday to +7 today but still plenty of snow around. Also spoken to a relative in Melbourn today 27 and sunny. Here in Herts it is very nice indeed.:thumb:

Enjoy_Yourself

Free Member
Jul 1, 2010
Pontypool, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Took advantage of the sun to take our new canoe for its maiden voyage on the local canal (Monmouthshire & Brecon). Haven't had so much fun in years but the shoulders are killing me now.

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
A mere 23 degrees here in Marjal ! and as I write this miserable tome at 7.10 Spanish time it is currently....17 degrees !....Ace lunch at Longs bar today !! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

You're having it really rough out there-we feel for you ::bigsmile:

Mike

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Had a jolly nice weekend in the tamar valley in Cornwall. Weather was warm and sunny, the buzzards were soaring, and the journey there and back across the moors was.....interesting.
I visit my sister there as often as I can, you have to value your family........................it does help that she runs a pub and resturaunt .:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back