Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
A nice little 1kw LPG compact Generator......a look alike Honda / Kipor

http://www.gaswinkel.com/diversen/generator/lpggenerator.htm :thumb:

Mel
I hope the price quoted is for the lpg......

its looks like it is

Power on when you want it. This Power Generator runs on LPG and propane gas, so no more trouble with a dirty air in your petrol or diesel vehicle. You can simply connect the generator to your existing LPG, propane or butane gas bottle with a pressure regulator 30 mbar. LPG is 3 to 4 times cheaper than gasoline and thus reducing the costs enormously.

The use of inverter technology you current with very good quality sine,

Price € 399.95 DT020

Generator Specifications:

- Acoustic inverter / generator with LPG
- Runs on LPG or petrol (optional)
- Weight 14 kg
- Equipped with connection for 12 V
- Output: 1000 Watts
- Includes benzintank of 2.4 liters
- Includes a plug spanner, plug and battery cable
- With plug outlet for Belgian
- Very compact: 45x25x41 cm
- For the manual look here

View this generator:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Looks good,but I know nuffin bout gennies-is 92db good compared with others ?
Price is certainly ok.
Mike.

Well Mike...they all quote dB. and all vary... I have a Honda silent 1kv and a Kipor 2kv....the dB is not always correct what is stated...but to answer your question yes it is on the high side...BUT is it running at 1/4 load ...1/2 load...or even full load for the dB to be 92 dB....a lot quote 1/4 load 59 to 69 dB....my opinion they are more

Mel
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juQxBUkzwl0[/ame]

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Looks very good value but very noisy........we have the Honda EU10i with a lpg conversion which if I recall is around 50-55Db.

We much prefer the lpg version 'cos we always have lpg on board and we don't have to carry cans of petrol with the associated risks and smells.:thumb:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Looks very good value but very noisy........we have the Honda EU10i with a lpg conversion which if I recall is around 50-55Db.

We much prefer the lpg version 'cos we always have lpg on board and we don't have to carry cans of petrol with the associated risks and smells.:thumb:

YES but what was would your Genny cost with the LPG conversion...new at today's prices???:winky::Doh:

This genny is 399.95 euros at today's converversion rate at 1.18 to the pound sterling = £338.94

and does it look as neat as this one..... or does it have a gas conversion unit on the outside of the generator

Mel

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
YES but what was would your Genny cost with the LPG conversion...new at today's prices???:winky::Doh:

This genny is 399.95 euros at today's converversion rate at 1.18 to the pound sterling = £338.94

and does it look as neat as this one or does it have a gas conversion unit on the outside of the generator

Mel

I totally agree with you Mel, it is certainly a great price .............our Honda new today would probably be nearer £1K............but we were lucky to get ours of ebay about 6 years ago for around £400 almost unused.

Having said that......apart from test runs occasionally it has only been run once in that time when we had duff leisure batts, but we keep it for insurance.

Yes we have some sort of regulator in the gas hose outside the unit.

Brian

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Looks good,but I know nuffin bout gennies-is 92db good compared with others ?
Price is certainly ok.
Mike.

Mike....dB's....well I purchased a genny about two years ago and it said on the advert 59 to 69 dB......when I received the genny on the top of it was a big sticker saying 96dB....I contacted the supplier and asked why..he said they have to give the MAXIMUM dB at full load...so as I said it is all it the wording(like our Politicians) is it 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, or full load.....you tell people what they want to believe.....the genny was fine....there is NO silent generator ..a lot like to think the one they have is ??? but if a lot of the generators were checked at full load ????
THERE IS NO SILENT GENERATOR....now listening to that YouTube video depending how far the pick up-mike was away from the genny, it did not sound that loud...put my new-ish 10i 1kv SILENT genny HONDA .at the same load, I would think, not a lot of difference.

Now I would think, and it is only my opinion that LPG genny, will make no more dBs than a motorhome running on tick over ..ok the motorhome may charge your battery up quicker after it has topped up your cab battery before your hab battery plus what you took out of the cab battery on start up!!.
Have you been parked along side these RVs... wild camping when they start there inboard generators WOW you motorhome shakes, your eardrums vibrate, and your fillings will fall out ..I have in Portugal......also in France a RV two fields away:Doh::whatthe:...so what dB that little genny gives out, and is the quote for full load,

I have just been looking at a French advert for a HONDA 10i 1kv generator db min 50 to MAXIMUM watt 87.....

Mel
:thumb:

I have just been looking at a French advert for a HONDA 10i 1kv generator db min 50 to MAXIMUM watt 87.....

Last edited:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I have a Honda EU10i and have just been looking at the handbook to try and resolve the decibel issue.
Firstly, one needs to recognise the difference between Sound Power and Sound Pressure measurements. Sound Power is an absolute and is the effective output at the point of sound generation. Sound Pressure is what the human ear hears and is moderated by distance from the sound source. By analogy, consider a 100W light bulb; if you put your eyes 10 cm from it, you will be temporarily blinded and probably singe your eyebrows too. If you look at the same bulb (in the dark) from 100 metres away, it will appear to be quite dim - yet it is still a 100 watt bulb. So it is with sound.

So for practical purposes, the Sound Power reading is what the source can create. Sound Pressure is measured, in a standardised way, at a horizontal distance of 1 metre and a vertical distance of 1.6 metres from the source. Remember that in practice, you are likely to be a lot further from a generator than 1 metre, thereby making it seem less noisy than the standardised measured value.

In the case of the Honda, the standard Sound Pressure measurement is 72 dB at full throttle. The sticker on the side quotes 87dB, but this is the guaranteed maximum Sound Power level - i.e. assuming you had your ear against the case whilst it was running at full bore.
The often quoted figure of 52 dB relates to Sound Pressure at 7 metres when it is running at 1/4 load. In practice, if one is using the gennie to top up the batteries, or power a modest device, this is what one would hear.

Finally, to compare with the other unit, do we know whether the figure of 92 dB refers to the Sound Power, or Pressure measurement? If Power, then its 5 dB louder than the Honda at full belt with your ear next to it. That's about half as loud again, perceptually. If 92 dB is Sound Pressure, then the difference is 92 - 72 = 20 dB which is about four times as loud.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
looks like a kipor to me just a slightly different colour
Link Removed

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I was thinking about buying a portable genny but after reading this thread I'm not sure. I think i'll carry on with my noisy Genaric.
Jim
:Smile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I have a Honda EU10i and have just been looking at the handbook to try and resolve the decibel issue.
Firstly, one needs to recognise the difference between Sound Power and Sound Pressure measurements. Sound Power is an absolute and is the effective output at the point of sound generation. Sound Pressure is what the human ear hears and is moderated by distance from the sound source. By analogy, consider a 100W light bulb; if you put your eyes 10 cm from it, you will be temporarily blinded and probably singe your eyebrows too. If you look at the same bulb (in the dark) from 100 metres away, it will appear to be quite dim - yet it is still a 100 watt bulb. So it is with sound.

So for practical purposes, the Sound Power reading is what the source can create. Sound Pressure is measured, in a standardised way, at a horizontal distance of 1 metre and a vertical distance of 1.6 metres from the source. Remember that in practice, you are likely to be a lot further from a generator than 1 metre, thereby making it seem less noisy than the standardised measured value.

In the case of the Honda, the standard Sound Pressure measurement is 72 dB at full throttle. The sticker on the side quotes 87dB, but this is the guaranteed maximum Sound Power level - i.e. assuming you had your ear against the case whilst it was running at full bore.
The often quoted figure of 52 dB relates to Sound Pressure at 7 metres when it is running at 1/4 load. In practice, if one is using the gennie to top up the batteries, or power a modest device, this is what one would hear.

Finally, to compare with the other unit, do we know whether the figure of 92 dB refers to the Sound Power, or Pressure measurement? If Power, then its 5 dB louder than the Honda at full belt with your ear next to it. That's about half as loud again, perceptually. If 92 dB is Sound Pressure, then the difference is 92 - 72 = 20 dB which is about four times as loud.

Jeanluc., your knowledge and expertise in some matters astounds me, tough work made simple to understand on so many occasions.:thumb:

Thanks.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Jeanluc., your knowledge and expertise in some matters astounds me, tough work made simple to understand on so many occasions.:thumb:

Thanks.

Thanks for the kind words Paul. Be assured I am no expert (and certainly not in sound engineering), but I have developed a natural researcher's instinct during my career, and most of my freelance work these days revolves around writing things for businesses, so I have to concentrate on making things comprehensible.
:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back