Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
I am thinking of having an oven fitted into my ''new'' (new to me) Hymer. Has anyone had this done ? also is there a reputable workshop in the Leeds area I could take it to .

Shirl

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Afraid I've never fitted one as all my vans have had one. An essential item to us though I know many people never use one.

Most Hymers I have seen have a cupboard designed to take one so should be straightforward, it's a good idea to have a vent behind it otherwise it makes a very good heater, not what you want in the summer.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Try these they're supposed to be the best, apparently nothing they don't know about Hymers and everyone I know who has used them swears by them.

Link Removed

If you do use them please post a review as we may have a few small alterations done on our Hymer.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Try these they're supposed to be the best, apparently nothing they don't know about Hymers and everyone I know who has used them swears by them.

Link Removed

If you do use them please post a review as we may have a few small alterations done on our Hymer.:thumb:

What up Rory chain saw broke::bigsmile:
Geo

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
As already said, they are pretty simple to fit, however they need a few other modifications. You will require an air vent behind the oven and a gas dropout hole in the floor below and possibly a heat shield above between oven and worktop. As installation requires an LPG connection, it is generally best left to professionals, as it will need to be certified later otherwise. You could of course do the neccesary carpentry yourself though to save cash, but if your like most owners Ive met, you might not fancy cutting holes in your recent, very expensive purchase yourself :roflmto:

OP
OP
con-tiki

con-tiki

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
As already said, they are pretty simple to fit, however they need a few other modifications. You will require an air vent behind the oven and a gas dropout hole in the floor below and possibly a heat shield above between oven and worktop. As installation requires an LPG connection, it is generally best left to professionals, as it will need to be certified later otherwise. You could of course do the neccesary carpentry yourself though to save cash, but if your like most owners Ive met, you might not fancy cutting holes in your recent, very expensive purchase yourself :roflmto:

Thanks for the info. I would get a professional to do it. It could be fitted below the gas hob ( I would lose 2 drawers) I was going to buy the oven myself and get someone to fit it. No idea of cost.

Shirl

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Might be worth getting an oven with a grill if that's possible as I've already used the grill a few times.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Assuming youve got the space, thats a good model to buy. Much cheaper if you went to a caravan dismantler

OP
OP
con-tiki

con-tiki

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
The space below the hob is big enough. I decided to buy the grill/oven as it was exactly what I wanted..Thats the easy part over and done with....Now to get someone to fit it locally...

Shirl

OP
OP
con-tiki

con-tiki

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
Well...after speaking and sending pics of the new thetford/spinflo oven/grill I bought, Hambilton engineering won't fit it as it is not the one they supply and fit ( prob Smev, £700 +), so unfamiliar with it !! , so I need to find someone else to fit it. Very disappointed. :cry:

I also enquired regarding replacement of single electric step to a double step, price supplied and fitted £553

Shirl

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Well...after speaking and sending pics of the new thetford/spinflo oven/grill I bought, Hambilton engineering won't fit it as it is not the one they supply and fit ( prob Smev, £700 +), so unfamiliar with it !! , so I need to find someone else to fit it. Very disappointed. :cry:

I also enquired regarding replacement of single electric step to a double step, price supplied and fitted £553

Shirl

Ouch!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back