Vehicle registration swops (1 Viewer)

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
Hi,
Can any one advise please on the correct process for changing the personal plate on my car and putting it on to the MH, then getting the car re registered?
Many thanks.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Hi,
Can any one advise please on the correct process for changing the personal plate on my car and putting it on to the MH, then getting the car re registered?
Many thanks.

1st thing you'll need is a form "317". All the details are on that form.

Then you'd need the V5 plus tax disc plus MOT plus Insurance for both the donor vehicle and the recipient vehicle plus the cost of transfer and head on down to your local DVLA office.

V5 has to be complete (no parts torn off)
.....:thumb:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Hi,
Many thanks.

Ah ha, we've just done this! I will get Bill to tell you the process......think it was quite costly though. Money for this, money for that, money for old rope springs to mind:Doh:
Margaret

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
To transfer the registration number, both vehicles must be:
registered at the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA)
available for inspection
of a type that needs an MOT or heavy goods vehicle (HGV) test certificate
currently taxed
However, if the vehicle that currently has the registration number is not taxed, you can still apply to transfer provided:
there is no break between the date the tax disc runs out and the start of the SORN
the tax disc run out no more than 12 months before the date you apply

You will need to:
complete a V317 ‘application to transfer or retain a vehicle registration number’ - if the number is being transferred to someone else’s vehicle, then both registered keepers must complete the application
enclose the £80 transfer fee
Also enclose for both vehicles:
the registration certificate or the new keeper supplement with a completed V62 ‘application for a vehicle registration certificate V5C'
a test certificate – needed for cars and motorcycles over three years old, and heavy goods vehicles over one year old
If the new keepers supplement has been stamped by a DVLA local office you’ll need to complete a V62 ‘application for a vehicle registration certificate V5C' before you can apply.
If either vehicle needs taxing, enclose:
a completed V10 ‘application for a tax disc’ or the V11 reminder
a certificate of insurance or valid cover for the vehicle
the payment of vehicle tax
Send the completed application to your nearest DVLA local office.

Al the forms are downloadable from the dvla site HERE
Geo

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
We were taking the private reg off our other car and putting it on the the mh, this cost us £80. Then with the forms filled in we were given an "age-related registration" for the other vehicle that you are taking the private registration from. So then you need to buy another two new number plates, to correspond to the one that has been/will be given to you by the DVLA, these cost £25 and these were put on the other car.

I think others have already mentioned the correct forms before in previous posts.

Good luck with it:Smile:

1Oll

Free Member
Jan 12, 2010
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class (German B Class!)
Exp
6+ years
Swap registrations.

I visited Manchester DVLA office. Most helpful staff, whole swap completed in 15 minutes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back