Free Member
May 19, 2008
south wales
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years , tugging for 27 years
hi all looking for advice not sure whether in june to go to bordeaux or carsaconne area ie that is within 30 miles roughly of either looking for some suggestions of campsites not aires requirements next to beach if possible and easy walking distance of town or village with some amneties on site thanks in advance for any suggestions

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Yep very true Grenville! No beach in Carcassonne!

The nearest beaches are Gruissan and Narbonne Plage . It is a long time since I have been in a campsite there , so can't be of any help . As it is quite near to my house I usually go for the day only .But if you happen to change your mind and consider some wild camping , there are a lot of little places all along the way between Narbonne and Narbonne-Plage where you can stop for the night (assuming you don't light any fire at all as it is a very dry area, facing each year a lot of fires). A lot of restaurants along the beach in Narbonne , (I don't know much about Gruissan , been there when my kids were still teenagers) showers on the beach, toilets blocks, working with euros I would think - not far from the beach -. Lots of shops and ice creams sellers ! A great little place . However I personnaly find Valras-plage much better .... only my opinion and many many many campsites , no need to take the car to go to the beach , a nice little walk (10 minutes) which keeps you fit :winky:and allows you ... an extra ice cream::bigsmile:::bigsmile: .... love the beach !!

Amicalement

Frankie:Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
dewaltman

dewaltman

Free Member
May 19, 2008
south wales
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
thanks nearlyretired had just looked on small scale map and it looked close to the med so I will move destination to cap d'adge area

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Yes Frankie, Gruissan is a nice little place with a ruined castle, two campsites (at least) and a tiny cinema in the town, just 40 seats I think. Narbonne Plage very busy place with loads of camp sites all along the beach, don't fancy it much but then I'm always for peace and quiet.

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
thanks nearlyretired had just looked on small scale map and it looked close to the med so I will move destination to cap d'adge area

Ok so no need to bother I guess to give you any more details about Gruissan or Carcassonne or Narbonne .......:RollEyes:

Now .... Cap d'Agde ... Of course you do as you wish .... BUT ..... I hope you take your "anti- mosquitos" cream with you.... A lot of stagnant waters ... and so in spite of the Municipality efforts ... A lot of those charming biting animals around ...!

I might ask my god father about more details as he used to have a house there, ...if you ask ... that is :winky:

Amicalement

Frankie:Eeek:

OP
OP
dewaltman

dewaltman

Free Member
May 19, 2008
south wales
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
thanks yodeli thats cap dage out of the equation moving along the coast where should i be looking

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Well , as I told you previously , I would opt for Valras-plage: A lot of campsites , quite good , within a short walk from the beach. The one I know most is 'les Vagues" with bar (happy hour!!), restaurant (+ a self service 12eur unlimitted meal) , dancing , shows every week end, excellent toilet blocks, exellent swimming pools (different sizes) as well, every morning water gym (free). A nice town you can go to with a small road train , market twice a week.

Along the same road are many other ones quite nice as well .

To have the list of the campsites in a selected departement in France , google "liste des camping du 34" or nearer Narbonne , "liste des campings du 11"
You can as well ask for the official site of the departement
" syndicat d'initiative du 34"

Hope it helps!

Frankie:Cool:

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
Thanks for all the info, put in my little black book, if i find myself that fsr South..............Del::bigsmile:

S

stagman

Deleted User
hi all looking for advice not sure whether in june to go to bordeaux or carsaconne area ie that is within 30 miles roughly of either looking for some suggestions of campsites not aires requirements next to beach if possible and easy walking distance of town or village with some amneties on site thanks in advance for any suggestions

Have a look at this website I find it great , and you will find reviews aswell as links to campsite website http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/ :thumb:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Arcachon is near Bourdeaux. Huge sand di=unes and I've been told you can park on/near the beach.
There is also: .

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
We really enjoyed the Ile de Re

a super island not far from Bordeaux. The municipal campsite there was fine and lots of cycling since it's so flat...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back