LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Bought the 1st 5 x G4 LED, they worked fine, ordered another 5 plus 3 cool white lites, total cost less that £22 delivered,

Boy am I made up....

All bought in the UK, via ebay

ShiftZZ

::bigsmile::thumb::RollEyes:

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
leds

We just bought these for our kitchen glass fronted cupboards, came the next day, brilliant delivery and look brilliant, Link Removed

Also bought 10 mtrs of led strip, and the led driver transformers.you just cut them to any length you require, solder some tails on and voila.
The kitchen is now all led lights under and over the units giving a very nice atmospheric lighting effect. Link Removed

The whole lot for less than £100. :thumb:

B Q wanted £35 for a single 250mm led strip light.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
Hi ShiftZZ,

could you give me the ebay link where you got the lights from

ceeers

bob

Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
Hi ShiftZZ,

could you give me the ebay link where you got the lights from

cheers

bob

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Here you go

Link Removed

I imagine that you can get them cheaper, but the were delivered the next day, £1.95 each delivered

bengie

Free Member
Feb 14, 2012
bournemouth
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
led lights

hi You only have to go on ebay.enter led lights 12v or 240v and a whole host of suppliers will come up.cheapest if bought from china or hong kong although can take up to 3weeks delivery.Regards Bengie

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
When we got our van all the bulbs were halogen.

I wanted LED bulbs in the four spotlights in the seating area before our first trip so ordered from Aten Lighting, who we had bought from before, and received them within a couple of days.

Seeing so many threads here about orders via eBay I decided I would then order some from two Hong Kong suppliers (different suppliers for back pin and side pin), just to see what the difference is (apart from price).

The back pin bulbs arrived today (11 days after ordering), I have fitted them and they are working but the build quality is not as good as the Aten ones, which are a much more solid product. Time will tell if there is any difference in performance.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
The Aten ones are more expensive than some cheapies on ebay, but I have been using mine for years and they work as well as when I first fitted them.

Aten also made me a specially adapted one for my awning light, charging nothing for the adaptation, which I am well pleased with. The original light had 4 halogen lights, and with the thick translucent cover gave hardly any light at all. The adapted strip of LEDs which plugs into just one of the existing lampholders is extremely bright and only uses a quarter of the power.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
from two Hong Kong suppliers.

I got some square units, 36 ( or maybe 48 ) LEDS, couple of pounds, didn't expect much but lit them up and Oh My God. Could not see for minutes. Worked fine for months now. Borderline too much light.

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Do watch some of the cheaper chinese LED's as they can fail, I have been through a few diffeent suppliers myslf, in the end opting for the more expensive ones as these seem to last much longer!

LED's are generically expensive due o the fact that they are grown on Saphire......not alot of people know that!:thumb:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Do watch some of the cheaper chinese LED's as they can fail, I have been through a few diffeent suppliers myslf, in the end opting for the more expensive ones as these seem to last much longer!

LED's are generically expensive due o the fact that they are grown on Saphire......not alot of people know that!:thumb:

They do now. :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back