Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Well we're back home from skiing after 12 days away. Thanks to Haggers for arranging the trip.:thumb:

We had a great time the snow conditions were some of the best I've experienced for years and we only lost one days skiing because of bad weather right at the end of the week. Had a nice bottle of champers then a meal Valentines night with Champers (John and Kath)

We had to use snow chains to get down the mountain when we left because of heavy snow the previous night. We used Aires for the whole 12 day trip with no problem except getting water as in most Aires the water was turned off because of freezing problems. We never had electric hookup once relying solely on solar panels (which worked well in the mountains) our new Banner batteries, on board generator and Ctek charger.

We enjoyed it so much we're hoping to go again in March if we can fit a trip in. We'll travel down one weekend ski 5 days and travel back the next weekend.::bigsmile: We even found time to spend an evening in Annecy on the way home, I've been travelling that route for 30 years this year and this was the first time I've ever stopped in this lovelly town:whatthe:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Well we arrived back today and I'm yet to stop crying. :Sad:

My family had a great time too... It was great to ski with Jaygee the oldest snowboarder in town and the best. The inspiration of a 60 yr old guy following me and my boys over cliffs down black runs and right off piste in to some of the best powder conditions in the world was immense.

I really think that everybody had a great time even in temps of -30 . The swift held up ok despite freezing cold water that can be easily rectified.

Oh and Rory ,,, Nikki and I are now planning our arctic circle trip,,,plenty of time o think about when though

Happy touring folks and we can't wait to get back next year, val thorens rocks :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MONSI

Free Member
Sep 3, 2007
stalybridge manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Me and Brian had a fantastic time thanks Paul for the lesson and tips
I didn't think I would have the confidence after my accident at chill factor
But we did it and really enjoyed it , the place was amazing very beautiful
Very funny on the chair lift when all six of us fell off what an mbarrassment
But was funny no one was hurt
Thank also to Steve ashby for the fist lesson too
Overhaul the company the place and entertainment was superb
Looking forward to the next one x
Here's qe2 trying to ski of piste lol

http://m.youtube.com/?rdm=4phc78ffb...atLnwUyPgQE&sns=fb&sns=fb&v=atLnwUyPgQE&gl=GB

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Just arrived home safe & sound.
Would like to say thanks to everyone who made us newbies very welcome on this trip. Will post some pictures when I get round to finding out how to do it ::bigsmile:
Thanks Paul for lending Tony those skis to try on the last day - he now wants to go back to do skiing for a week instead of snowboarding!!!!
Dreading getting on the scales tomorrow :Eeek: - all that comfort eating in the van whilst it's so cold outside (not to mention the alcohol!) hopefully the few walks into town with Nicki have helped:thumb:
see you all soon at one of the meets hopefully.
Jacky

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Just arrived home safe & sound.
Would like to say thanks to everyone who made us newbies very welcome on this trip. Will post some pictures when I get round to finding out how to do it ::bigsmile:
Thanks Paul for lending Tony those skis to try on the last day - he now wants to go back to do skiing for a week instead of snowboarding!!!!Dreading getting on the scales tomorrow :Eeek: - all that comfort eating in the van whilst it's so cold outside (not to mention the alcohol!) hopefully the few walks into town with Nicki have helped:thumb:
see you all soon at one of the meets hopefully.
Jacky

We're hoping to go back in March he'll have to join us.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
A fantastic week!:thumb:

It was good to meet fellow Funsters, although we wish we hadn't got the kids along so we could have more of a social! Having said that, you couldn't deprive them of the time they had, they loved it!

We were well knackered on our return! At least we remembered how to ski after all that time!
We are definitely going next year, although Shell has her holiday already booked for January, so we might not be meeting up.:Sad:

VT was a fantastic resort, albeit a little pricey, but using a MH makes it very affordable.

Have you all defrosted your vans? Although we had no fresh or hot water problems, we still had ice melting and dripping out of our waste tank 2 days later! Thank God for those buckets!::bigsmile:

Cheers for inspiring us Haggers! We loved coming along!:thumb:

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
VT was a fantastic resort, albeit a little pricey, but using a MH makes it very affordable.
Your'e not kidding - 1 beer & small Magners = 12E - no wonder we stuck to drinking in the van:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Have learn't lots of tips to use next time tho.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
A fantastic week!:thumb:

It was good to meet fellow Funsters, although we wish we hadn't got the kids along so we could have more of a social! Having said that, you couldn't deprive them of the time they had, they loved it!

We were well knackered on our return! At least we remembered how to ski after all that time!
We are definitely going next year, although Shell has her holiday already booked for January, so we might not be meeting up.:Sad:

Have you all defrosted your vans? Although we had no fresh or hot water problems, we still had ice melting and dripping out of our waste tank 2 days later! Thank God for those buckets!::bigsmile:

Cheers for inspiring us Haggers! We loved coming along!:thumb:

Haha we were frozen up before we reached VT - Bellingcourt Aire , but before we left home had a few nites of -12 or more / less lolol so that may have been the culprit which made it easy for us to freeze up so early even though extra precautions were taken against the frost ........

Haggers did mention -30 so hey ho we did well really :thumb::thumb:

We were very toasty with the heating on just had to be cautious that the water system was ok , also we did have to go down the mountain for extra GPL after using excess for thawing out the system just to be dure we had enough to home time :thumb::thumb:

Rory the Artic Circle is sounding good , i have froze since our return strangely

The roads were clear for us leaving on the Friday but those thta left on the Thursday must have had a diff journey but glad you arrived home safely

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We used about 3rd of a tank of diesel for the climb up from Mountiers and heating for 5 1/2 days!
Heating was set at 18 degrees constantly, warm tootsies all round!!!::bigsmile:

Viva la Webasto!!::bigsmile:

Lynn ( Mrs Ash )

Free Member
Aug 16, 2010
(The Midlands) Nuneaton
Funster No
MH
A-Class Frankia 640 Exclu
Exp
9 yrs
A fantastic time had by me & mine , a massive thanks to Rory & Jan for taking us down the blue slope :Smile: we are really pleased with ourselves for achieving more this year than last year, all good things come to those that wait ( well that's my motto anyway ) ::bigsmile:
looking forward to next year already :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back