Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
We don't have a spare wheel. I wonder where we would get one and how much such a thing would be. Then having got it where do you store it?

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hi Suzy

Isn't it irrelevant what the starting price is............... :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Sharon

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Suzy I would imagine you have 22.5" wheels which is a standard lorry size so you might be able to get some rims from commercial garage, they would need to have the same offset, PCD for the studs and centre hole, failing that Linda at stateside would be a good bet.

No idea on the price £100 maybe?? As for location, mines in the bedroom slide locker, Shanes is in a carrier underneath. Scotjimland was talking about getting a carrier made up for his spare, so he could fit it underneath, I think he had a quote of over £200.

Olley

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Suzy

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Hi Suzy I would imagine you have 22.5" wheels which is a standard lorry size so you might be able to get some rims from commercial garage, they would need to have the same offset, PCD for the studs and centre hole, failing that Linda at stateside would be a good bet.

No idea on the price £100 maybe?? As for location, mines in the bedroom slide locker, Shanes is in a carrier underneath. Scotjimland was talking about getting a carrier made up for his spare, so he could fit it underneath, I think he had a quote of over £200.

Olley

Thanks for the info, as you say ours are 22.5". Hopefully Linda will respond with price. The carrier slung underneath sounds a good solution but very expensive need to look around and see what we can do. I may ask Scotjimland if he had a drawing or something.

Thanks again.

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Suzy
Not sure where you would get one in the UK. I believe that ScotJimLand shipped a wheel rim in from the US as the stud spacing and offset are quite different to those in Europe. You could quickly check with one of your Volvos?
The tyres will be easy as they are European sized and we have ours on a carrier underneath the rear, of course with yours being a "pusher", you cannot fit it in the same area so will need to find another location. Maybe in one of the belly lockers???
We can have a look at the weekend if it helps...

Keith

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Mines in a locker and takes up a lot of space.

Interested in the under slung frame.

Mind you had a year old caravan with this style of frame and had a flat in 90 degrees in Austria and the from was frozen solid thank god i had a hammer::bigsmile:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool: Our's fits here:-

Attachments

• Newmar_s_pull-out_spare.jpg
    Newmar_s_pull-out_spare.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 22
OP
OP
Suzy

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
That looks cool, I need something that we can retrofit as there is no housing or spare wheel and I need one before we go to Morocco !!!! ::bigsmile: I think I can get he tyre its just a lorry tyre I think.

I could do with one taking off a damaged or old RV and fitting to mine, they must have lots of scrap yards in the US, how can I get one over here?

Last edited:
L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
A spare wheel will not be cheap Suzy - Its the weight that kills it due to the shipping cost.

I shipped Jim's wheel for him, it was not easy to get hold of but I still have the contact somewhere in my archives.

The cost varies by type and size. If you can give me the part number from one of your rims I can get you a costing but be warned, Olleys guess of £100 is a mile out.... :frowny:

OP
OP
Suzy

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Because we have a year to get it I was kinda hoping that someone who was shipping an RV over could put it in. I wonder what the chances are of that?

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
At this immediate moment in time.........slim :winky:

Unless of course Dazzer flogs his Concorde before he gets back from France then you'll have a chance :roflmto:

Last edited by a moderator:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
My guess is £300 cos I think i saw it somewhere.

I think once you brought up a subject and thinking about it events will happen that without it you WILL suddenly need it.

Sorry for being gloomy Suzy.

OP
OP
Suzy

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
John, I've lost the plot £300.00 for what? the carrier, the wheel, the tyre? I'm confused, I know it doesn't take much :ROFLMAO:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Suzy, I can ship you a wheel (minus tyre) but we are too late for this shipment. If you want me to get a price have a chat with me when we get back at the end of the month :winky:

RR John isn't a mile out on cost but they will vary depending on size and manufacturer.

OP
OP
Suzy

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Wow, thats a lot of money! Wish they had a breakers yard for RV's in this country!

OP
OP
Suzy

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Suzy, I can ship you a wheel (minus tyre) but we are too late for this shipment. If you want me to get a price have a chat with me when we get back at the end of the month :winky:

RR John isn't a mile out on cost but they will vary depending on size and manufacturer.

I will speak to you as soon as you are back, thanks ::bigsmile:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Suzy surely with the haulage business you have contacts who could look around for you?

OP
OP
Suzy

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
You would have thought so wouldn't you? I've made enquiries and its a no, they are different to ours apparently. :Smile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Suzy

Linda sourced mine for me, IIRC it was about £260 for the rim.. I got a used tyre, not re cut or retread, from G&S Tyres in London for £45 , which they import from Japan
Link Removed
Look at the rim, there will be a part number , most likely made by Accuride ..

Link Removed
I was able to identify mine from the site and give Linda the info..

Carrying is another problem, one of the reasons I bought a trailer but I'm having a wind up spare wheel carrier fitted some time soon..

A quote from Travelworld was £750 :Eeek::Eeek:

Jim

OP
OP
Suzy

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Jim

Thanks very much for the information, thats really helpful. Do you have a drawing of the carrier? and where are you having it fitted maybe its an idea for us too.:thumb:

OP
OP
Suzy

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
No don't fancy it on the front, looks kinda cute on the front of a VW but I couldn't live with it on the front of the RV.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back