LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
had batteries tested today and they are all tired and i need to renew. at present i have 3x120 amp plus starter batt for a 7.4 ltr .should i just renew what i have or go for one of the 250 amp @ £345 sealed Jobie's? unless of couse you know better:Blush:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
no brainer in my book.

you are going backwards.....360ah to 250ah.

OK, the weight will be less but the 30% reduction in reserve power is a bit drastic.

Madmark62

Free Member
Sep 28, 2011
Wakefield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Lesharo
Exp
I`m a newbie
So what you are suggesting is the equivalent of just using 2 of your batteries ?
If you can make do with that drop in available power, why not just use 2 batteries and save more money?
The 120ah batteries are about £130 quid, so for 240 ah, you pay £260, but if you buy the single one you get an extra 10ah for a further £85, I cant see how that is logical, unless it is to save space?

Sorry I dont get it!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Was looking at batteries few days back and came across this little gem

Probably get cried down for posting it but here is a link

Link Removed

It's an opinion not mine but I will bear it in mind :thumb:

Madmark62

Free Member
Sep 28, 2011
Wakefield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Lesharo
Exp
I`m a newbie
Was looking at batteries few days back and came across this little gem

Probably get cried down for posting it but here is a link

Link Removed

It's an opinion not mine but I will bear it in mind :thumb:

I would say that the link is very true, we get through a lot of batteries on boats, if you are not constantly on hook up, the batts get some clobber.
We bought a set of VERY expensive batteries when we first got a boat and they lasted about 18/20 months, we were told to buy cheaper ones becasue they would be exactly the same, I was a little bit suspicious of this advice, but the cheap ones lasted even longer, 30 months, getting the same use etc. Then when we got this big widebeam we again bought what we were advised toi get by the Battery salesman and they were a lot dearer than the others, but because we were going to live aboard we wanted to be sure of them doing the job.All I can say is dont buy any VICTRON batteries, they are not worth the extra cost at all. Although their invertors/chargers are far superior to Sterling ones. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back