Free Member
Aug 31, 2011
Sudbury Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Three Years
I have a Fiat Ducato 2006 the reversing light did work when I bought the van, then I bought a bulb that "beeped" when you reversed, it did work at first then no light at all, I have checked every fuse I can find but cannot find a specific fuse for the reversing light. I have checked the bulb in another light and it is O.K. but does not work in the reversing light, does anyone have a solution please, thank you. Pat. :thumb:

Cabbyshack

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
have you checked the fuses with a multi meter set to continuity/ohms.

the fuses can sometimes look OK but can still have blown at the very end where it cant be seen.

have a good look at the actual bulb holder to see if that is corroded or has a poor earth.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Cabbyshack

Cabbyshack

Free Member
Aug 31, 2011
Sudbury Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Three Years
switch

Hi! Dennis, thank you, any idea where the switch is located and how easy is it to replace?

Pat

Cabbyshack :thumb::thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
a good possibility...:thumb:

locate the switch on the gearbox, could be top rear as on the older models, if it has a single wire then pull it off and connect it to earth and check the light.
if it has two wires then pull them off and connect together then check.

if it works it will be the switch

dennismartin

Free Member
Jul 26, 2011
hull
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
im a newbie
sorry i dont but some one will dont forget to check if you have any power at bulb holder

OP
OP
Cabbyshack

Cabbyshack

Free Member
Aug 31, 2011
Sudbury Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Three Years
Thank you

have you checked the fuses with a multi meter set to continuity/ohms.

the fuses can sometimes look OK but can still have blown at the very end where it cant be seen.

have a good look at the actual bulb holder to see if that is corroded or has a poor earth.

Thank you Papajohn

OP
OP
Cabbyshack

Cabbyshack

Free Member
Aug 31, 2011
Sudbury Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Three Years
Bulb

Hi! Pappajohn, thank you for that, the bulb works in another holder O.K, if I put a bulb that is O.K. in the reverse light that dose not work, I must add I am NOT using the "beeping" bulb to check it, I will not be using that one again.

Pat

Cabbyshack

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
The most likely culprit is the switch on the gearbox. To get at it you need to remove the air filter and intake pipe, then the clutch slave cylinder mounting then you can get at the switch itself. From memory you need a deep 22mm socket to unscrew the switch from the box. Again from memory Peugeot are cheaper than Fiat for the switch but shop around.

D.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
had one of those years ago

Hi! Pappajohn, thank you for that, the bulb works in another holder O.K, if I put a bulb that is O.K. in the reverse light that dose not work, I must add I am NOT using the "beeping" bulb to check it, I will not be using that one again.

Pat

Cabbyshack

I had one of these bulbs many years back on one of my early RV's was a waste of time.. it failed very soon.. I see them often offered at shows by the chap those drives around doing window screen repairs.. they just do not last..

If you want a reversing beeper by a proper one.

Bob

Jan 27, 2009
Leyland Lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
Might be also worth looking under the left rear of the M/H, behind the bumper, and check for the location of an electrical connector that the rear light cluster supplies are routed through. Don't know if these connectors are fitted to all Fiat motorhomes, but as I have found, they are exposed and liable to weather ingress causing either single or multiple lamp supply failure.

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Niggling at the back of my mind is that I seem to recall reading something about reversing bleepers being only legal on goods vehicles above a certain weight,and that it must be possible to mute them between certain hours in UK. ??
Any one got any info about this ?
Mike.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Niggling at the back of my mind is that I seem to recall reading something about reversing bleepers being only legal on goods vehicles above a certain weight,and that it must be possible to mute them between certain hours in UK. ??
Any one got any info about this ?
Mike.

I think you're right about that. The ones you buy, not the bulbs, have an extra connection to the sidelights so you can mute them at night.

I rather fancy one like a local truck has which has a bossy female voice yelling that the vehicle is reversing (not the relatively polite male voice that the ambulances round here have):roflmto:

OP
OP
Cabbyshack

Cabbyshack

Free Member
Aug 31, 2011
Sudbury Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Three Years
Thanks to everyone who replied to my REVERSING LlIGHT PROBLEM especialy Dave for tec; info. thank you. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Pat

Cabbyshack

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back