Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Hi everyone

Back from the Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show at the Excel.

We had a pleasant visit spending quite a long time with RedSonja which made the day so much more fun and enjoyable and we met up with Viennese who spent far more than we did.

We got away with just a £6 spend on two items hehehehe

We got in without anyone asking for our tickets so these are up for grabs if anyone wants free tickets

Jim - our motorhomefun badges attracted quite a lot of attention with people stopping us asking all about it.

Felt sorry for Johns Cross Motorhomes who were stuck right down the bottom. Although they were near one of the entrances it was the one farthest from the main entrance and with tents at that end, very few people seemed to be wandering down that far.

Wasnt impressed with the choice of motorhomes on offer and far far more caravans. Bearing in mind the lack of people visiting (far from packed and plenty of parking spaces) some stands/stalls were far more interested in talking to themselves than interacting with potential customers - or could it be we were not wearing suits and didnt look rich????

There was a cute 20ft motorhome in I either the baileys or escape range which was worth a look - I even got Sonja to browse it but nothing there that suited our needs.

There was a brilliant tiny caravan that was literally a bed on wheels until you opened up the "boot" which had an outdoor shower/tap, cooking facilities and shelves. Was really impressed with their use of space. Even complimented them on it but they couldnt even be bothered to get out of their seats when I said I was interested in buying one for Robert for his 18th.

We looked for ferry stalls but only found DFDS

Their current code is CS12. Booking amendments free before 30.06.2012.

Low season car +4 each way £19 up to 5m
High season £29
CarCaravan+4 eachway £29 up to 12 m combined length £29
High season £39
Low season Motorhome +4each way up to 2.4m £19
High season motorhome +4each way over 2.4 and up to 8m £34

Just book before the show ends (19.02.2012)

and bring me back a bottle of green chartreuse xxxxxx

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
We too had a good time at the Excel with Gail and Tony. Funnily I also only spent £6 on two items one was a regatta fleece and the other was a copy of practical Motorhome - with a nice bag:roflmto: My grandaughter got her fair share of freebies with Gail lending a helping hand.

My knee was hurting so we left earlier than anticipated. I too loved the pod with the kitchen a brilliant idea but agree with Gail some people on the stalls were too busy talking to themselves.

My youngest Son was quite taken with the 5ers at the show and also got slightly wet in the kayak with my Grandaughter.

Sonja

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Early days yet, lot of new people looking to become motorhomers it would seem, our kitted out vans on the Fiamma stand have atracted a lot of interest as they are brand new and people can browse in them without being pestered by salesmen!

Peter

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Thanks Gail
Just booked for Le-Mans in june for £48 return :thumb:

Cheers. Nige

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Bloody odd.. WITH code €149 ( note € ) without code £49.00 !

WhiteCheyenneMan

Free Member
Sep 29, 2011
TN30, Nr Tenterden
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011
Clearly all of the above is fiction 'cos we didn't see any badges :ROFLMAO:
We were looking! Mind you we were busy climbing in and out of vans, interspersed with cappucinos and lemon cake on the Caravan Club stand :Blush:

Couldn't believe the couple who strode across the CC stand, nearly sending my wife flying, in order to grab the last empty table.........and then proceeded to get out their own huge flask and food. Must have been tuggers :winky:

The best thing about it was that there wasn't anything there to persuade us to change our 2008 Cheyenne. It's not perfect in every way, but then they're all a compromise to some extent.

We were offered a deal to end all deals from Swift, friendly helpful advice from Autotrail and 'you can only look if we accompany you' from Southern MH's/Concorde (so we didn't). It was good to see Niesman's, Chausson etc. in the [STRIKE]flesh[/STRIKE] metal and haven't some of the new models gone a bit too bling? Best of the bunch, apart from Autotrail? Dethleffs! There's something special about their interior design and finish and we really liked them.

As it was Valentines Day I treated my wife to a strip of Astro Turf, some plastic shower shoes and a mop. I know how to treat a woman to a good time! And, to balance it out a bit, I bought an Electrobike from AS Bikes :ROFLMAO: How we enjoyed struggling with the box back to the car! Robert's daughter and my wife thought that it would be easier to wheel the bike, but what do they know!

All in all an enjoyable day, partly because it was rather quiet (but that made it so easy to view the vans) despite sore feet and aching joints. Off to buy a helmet for the bike now :thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We were offered a deal to end all deals from Swift,
What was offered ? A timely repair on the van without any grief ? If so then perhaps Swift have changed their spots !! :ROFLMAO:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
What was offered ? A timely repair on the van without any grief ? If so then perhaps Swift have changed their spots !! :ROFLMAO:

In all fairness to Swift, if they drop a boo boo, they always come up with the goods and put it right in our experience and as such we find them to be OK.

Like all things, depends on how you go about it and support your customer.

Peter

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
In all fairness to Swift, if they drop a boo boo, they always come up with the goods and put it right in our experience and as such we find them to be OK.

Peter
I fully understand WHY you posted this Peter, but the case against the company is self evident.. It is not as if it has been a one off, but identical issue with times and passing the buck has been posted twice on this forum recently.. and if two incidents have been reported on Fun, it raises serious doubts and makes me wonder how many problems of a similar nature have happened to folk who are not members on here..

Whilst you are one of the good guys and would probably sort out an issue your self in a timely manner, there are an awful lot of people selling Swift vans and snails who are not of the same calibre

Oh.. as a by the by, a couple of days ago an almost new Swift pulled on to the site here.. guess what... leaking and apparently the owners are being shoved from pillar to post and repair times of, amazingly, 8 weeks being quoted.. Seems no matter WHAT the problem is it will always take 8 weeks to fix it

I stand by my other posts.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )

Peter
I fully understand WHY you posted this Peter, but the case against the company is self evident.. It is not as if it has been a one off, but identical issue with times and passing the buck has been posted twice on this forum recently.. and if two incidents have been reported on Fun, it raises serious doubts and makes me wonder how many problems of a similar nature have happened to folk who are not members on here..

Whilst you are one of the good guys and would probably sort out an issue your self in a timely manner, there are an awful lot of people selling Swift vans and snails who are not of the same calibre

Oh.. as a by the by, a couple of days ago an almost new Swift pulled on to the site here.. guess what... leaking and apparently the owners are being shoved from pillar to post and repair times of, amazingly, 8 weeks being quoted.. Seems no matter WHAT the problem is it will always take 8 weeks to fix it

I stand by my other posts.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Swift damp you have that wrong its a characteristic of all their caravans and motorhomes and is just CONDENSATION like the floors that Rot away after a few weeks , some of the people who have had them repaired then comment on how good they were at putting them right.These people deserve the crap they buy time and time again. just use google and you will find so many horror stories this company is involved in yes there are pretty good at putting a new floor in a newish van that has the old one rotted away they should be they have had enough practice.Oh we must have missed out the insulation on your luton roof never mind we will have it back in at the factory and rip it to bits and put some in.I wonder how this company is still in business as the quality control is:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back