The Queen to turn Windsor into Olympic caravan site (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Her Majesty has agreed that almost 300 pitches will be made available to accommodate up to 1,000 people within the former private hunting ground of Windsor Great Park.

The campsite will run adjacent to the world famous avenue of trees known as Long Walk, which sweeps south from the castle to a bronze statue of King George III on Snow Hill.
Tents, caravans and motor homes will all be welcome at the site for a nominal £40 a night, and a minimum three night stay.

Jon Dale, spokesman for The Camping and Caravanning Club, which will manage the campsite, said: “We are absolutely delighted. It’s a campsite right at the heart of British royalty.

“It’s proving to be an extremely popular option. We only started taking bookings for it this week and the interest has already been phenomena

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
I heard that she will be cooking breakfasts herself and will deliver them to the caravans and motorhomes in a gold carriage.

Its probably just a rumour but I also heard that Chuck and Camilla had both been on a satellite fitting and security course and would be offering onsite fitting to those staying at a good discount.

Austerity Britain is this whats its come down to ?

barry

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
They are taking the P$$$....The old Biddy must be on hard times now that she has to pay Tax like the rest of us !!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
rip off Britain as always

I wonder where I can get a bit of land and charge £40 a night without EHU... and portable toilets/showers.

I bet the camping and caravan club are raking it in.:Sad: But I expect someone will pay it... certainly not me.

Bob

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm

Soooooooooooo

A bit confused here..

The anti royal brigade say they are a drain on the UK

But it seems the same anti royals dislike it when those who look after the royal coffers make a few bob to reduce the claimed 'burden on the state' ?

Very confused now.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
And Phil the Greek is doing Donar Kebabs when you come back from the pub.
£15ea proceeds to the Heart foundation and wildlife fund.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
from what I have seen in the local media recently £40 a night looks as if its the lowest daily fee that is going to be charged round here during the olympics. Total rip off as far as I am concerned.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
from what I have seen in the local media recently £40 a night looks as if its the lowest daily fee that is going to be charged round here during the olympics. Total rip off as far as I am concerned.

Yes, I agree it is expensive but as always it's supply and demand which will no doubt outstrip supply .. I imagine many pitches will be booked by visitors from abroad ..

It's called 'cashing in' .. and where the Olympics are involved, every man and his dog is at it.
There must be thousands of people renting out rooms and houses and making a real killing .. not to mention front lawns for camping ..

To be frank.. if I owned a piece of prime real estate in London i would too.. who wouldn't ?

Me.. ? I wouldn't pay it.. not even if the Queen herself was in attendance....

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
For forty quid a night to park I would want the Queen herself to spoon feed me my porridge in the morning...

...and do the washing up...

JJ :Cool:

Never mind the Queen, she will be too busy with the Games.

Send the Duchess of Cambridge round to my van.
For £40 a night I will happily let her share my sausage......:RollEyes::RollEyes:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
If I thought the Queen was gonna pull up a van and join in I would be up for a £100 a night.. I reckon she has stories to keep us all entertained for many many a day !

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
We will ensure we are out of the country for the Olympics.

Nominal £40 :Eeek: for a crowded CL with[HI] portaloos[/HI].

Good for the poker players tho'........

images

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Mention London and you just know if you go anywhere near the charges for anything are just stupid

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well people from abroad do put heavy demand on camping facilities for sporting events - during the 1966 World Cup quite a few matches were played at Villa Park and Bham City Council turned over one of the parks to camping and nobody but nobody was allowed to set foot in it without a camping pass! Not a child to use a swing or feed a duck, nor a dog for a walk ......

Fortunately the tournament was exceedingly good natured as a whole and the grumpy locals just had to put up with it........

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back