Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Who could live without on foreign trips...........

I am keeping in touch with so many friends via it plus I can pay phone around the world to............

[HI]>>>>>Brilliant<<<<<[/HI]

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We agree John-----sooo easy to keep in touch with friends and family while away-------wonder how we used to manage without it:Smile: All you need is to find an internet signal and you are away-----for free:thumb:-----just about anywhere in the World !!
Mobile 'phones are also good ---BUT can be so expensive when you are crossing boarders:Sad:
Nigel & Pamala----Zahora------Spain

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I am not up with all this technology:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I use Skype every day and was an early adopter, as I've used it over the years it's just got better and better. I subscribe, so I can call any number, even UK mobiles for nothing or very little. Telephony coupled with computers is good. I use a program that records all my calls and places them in the files of my contacts, so i can keep track of everyone who I speak to in business, I know when I called them and what was said.

Skype is also great for family, one of my skypeout numbers is local to my Mum so she can ring any time and pay a local call (which she gets free) and speak no matter where I am in the world. Skype Rocks:thumb:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Who could live without on foreign trips...........
I am keeping in touch with so many friends via it plus I can pay phone around the world to............

[HI]>>>>>Brilliant<<<<<[/HI]
Yep it is brilliant, use it every day. Many years ago I use to leave home then not have any contact for months at a time. Now it is like being next door, daily chats with quality video. It has made the world a much smaller place.
And the cost is unbelievably low. :thumb:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I use Skype every day and was an early adopter, as I've used it over the years it's just got better and better. I subscribe, so I can call any number, even UK mobiles for nothing or very little. [HI] Telephony coupled with computers is good. I use a program that records all my calls and places them in the files of my contacts, [/HI]so i can keep track of everyone who I speak to in business, I know when I called them and what was said.

Skype is also great for family, one of my skypeout numbers is local to my Mum so she can ring any time and pay a local call (which she gets free) and speak no matter where I am in the world. Skype Rocks:thumb:
Sounds useful, do you have any details of the program.
Thanks.....:thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We use it to keep in touch with family.

Reading Jims post though I can see the wider use you can put it to.

I have long wanted to move back to Wales but still work at my present firm. Digital dictation, e-mails and Skype possibly opens that possibility.

Problem would be keeping away from the Pembrokeshire beaches when I should be working::bigsmile:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Yes all this is very true, I could stay in contact with France for the stadium work, and could still have chats with my mum and my children (Yannick being in Russia , or China, or India!!!) when I was in Portugal.... and JJ and I can be together whenever (or nearly) we want to. Not eating the same thing but able to have our meals together , when we wish ....it really helps a lot when you are miles away!:thumb:

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
virtual dating now

I think I have seen it all... or not dependant if I have my Skype on.. vertual dating or eating together... I saw his eyes watching those crepe's Franking.. by the way non arrived in the post yet:cry:

Bob:thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We use it to keep in touch with family.

Reading Jims post though I can see the wider use you can put it to.

I have long wanted to move back to Wales

I know a nice place for sale in West Wales on its own hill, plenty of space for your motorhomes::bigsmile:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I know a nice place for sale in West Wales on its own hill, plenty of space for your motorhomes::bigsmile:

I wish.::bigsmile:

Even with a generous Funster discount it would be beyond me.

A divorce 10 years ago cost me big plenty:Sad:

At least I didnt have the motorhome then as I would have lost that as well::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp

A divorce 10 years ago cost me big plenty:Sad:

At least I didnt have the motorhome then as I would have lost that as well::bigsmile:

Oh dear a tale I know well............

I have made 2 women wealthy but never meet wealthy women:cry::cry::cry:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Oh dear a tale I know well............

I have made 2 women wealthy but never meet wealthy women:cry::cry::cry:

I didnt begrudge it to be honest.

I just went from a huge house with a tiny mortgage to a tiny house with a huge mortgage.::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
I didnt begrudge it to be honest.

I just went from a huge house with a tiny mortgage to a tiny house with a huge mortgage.::bigsmile:

My 2nd one is to late in life both age and health wise, I will make do with what I have but certainly not the masterplan:cry:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
My 2nd one is to late in life both age and health wise, I will make do with what I have but certainly not the masterplan:cry:

And there you are wintering in Morroco.

Its not all bad::bigsmile::thumb:

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
And there you are wintering in Morroco.

Its not all bad::bigsmile::thumb:

No not at all but on proceeds of selling what I have left off still :Doh::cry:....not been out of UK since 2006/7

Cost of living here miles cheaper for me than UK at home including camp-sites and fuel.........its getting here that cost.........

Be saving for next year minute I get home......

[HI]Bet heh yerr your right :sin::Cool::winky:
[/HI]

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back