Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I have just treated my tyres with Ultra Seal-ok ok,some of you don't agree with using this product ::bigsmile: That's not the point of the post.
Here's the point-on the same site I noticed Tyre Pressure monitors and have also fitted them-too soon to know if they do what they say,but no reason to think they won't-and wheels look very pretty with valves showing a green tip ::bigsmile:
Here's the link-go have a look-scroll down to bottom of page.
Broken Link Removed

Mike.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I have a different make pressure monitors on my valves. Saves me checking the pressures which is good as my local garage tyre pump wont go up to the pressure I need.

S

stagman

Deleted User
I have just treated my tyres with Ultra Seal-ok ok,some of you don't agree with using this product ::bigsmile: That's not the point of the post.
Here's the point-on the same site I noticed Tyre Pressure monitors and have also fitted them-too soon to know if they do what they say,but no reason to think they won't-and wheels look very pretty with valves showing a green tip ::bigsmile:
Broken Link Removed

Mike.

Hi I fitted those or similar Tyre pressure monitors last year have taken them off now as kept having problems with them . Recommend you keep a close eye on them and make sure you have a pump handy :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Here's the point-on the same site I noticed Tyre Pressure monitors and have also fitted them-too soon to know if they do what they say,but no reason to think they won't-and wheels look very pretty with [HI]valves showing a green tip[/HI] ::bigsmile:
Broken Link Removed

Mike.

Thanks Mike they look good, I'll give them a try unless my next reply gives me a good reason not to........Griff

Hi I fitted those or similar Tyre pressure monitors last year have taken them off now as [HI]kept having problems[/HI] with them . Recommend you keep a close eye on them and make sure you have a pump handy :thumb:

What problems did you encounter?

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Here's the point-on the same site I noticed Tyre Pressure monitors and have also fitted them-too soon to know if they do what they say,but no reason to think they won't-[HI]and wheels look very pretty with valves showing a green tip [/HI]::bigsmile:
Broken Link Removed

Mike.

Yes they do look pretty Mike, trouble is there too easy to remove and the tea leafs think they would look prettier on their vehicles:Sad:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Had an issue with them

I had them on one of my cars.. over 12 months had two nicked.

But worse was that I got a leak in one of the from the top of the unit and the air escaped from the tyre despite the gunk to stop punctures.. so I am not a fan of them.

Bob

S

stagman

Deleted User
[

What problems did you encounter?[/QUOTE]

Leaking , I noticed a couple of times my tyres going down , and thought great these valves are doing their job in letting me know , but found out after awhile that it was the valves causing it :thumb:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
mine leaked at the top

[

What problems did you encounter?

Leaking , I noticed a couple of times my tyres going down , and thought great these valves are doing their job in letting me know , but found out after awhile that it was the valves causing it :thumb:[/QUOTE]

mine leaked at the top just around the plastic where it shows green when OK and red when it is down.. there was a hairline crack in the plastic. Took the others off after that.

Bob

OP
OP
MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Hmmm,2 posts already talking about 'leaking' -that doesnt inspire confidence .
I shall keep a very close eye on them. I had Sureseal in my last set of tyres (just changed them now because they were over 5 yrs old,and I had 'advisories' on 2 at MOT).In the 2yrs I had Sureseal in I had no pressure drop whatsoever,other, as far as I could tell, than the air I lost using my pressure gauge.
Mike.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Guess I'm too trusting-that possibility never crossed my mind.
Mike.

My son is a VW nut. He spent silly money fitting perfectly normal valve caps but with VW engraved on them.

.............the first set went on day one, second set went inside a week. He fits black plastic ones now unless he is going to a VW meet.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
The thing that I would be unhappy about is that the indicator cap effectively replaces the schrader valve.., so the new cap is all that is holding in the pressure.. do you trust a bit of plastic ?

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
The only ones i have anything to do with was a friend who had them and I think he had a stone hit the top of one and it broke in two pieces.

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
remote tyre monitor

hhttp://www.tyrepal.co.uk /
as anyone used this type of monitor
any comment please

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I saw the tyrepal at a show last year my initial thoughts were that it is too expensive and its just another thing in the fag lighter, that i'll forget to put in.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
hhttp://www.tyrepal.co.uk /
as anyone used this type of monitor
any comment please

this system uses screw on transmitters with the same inherent potential problems as the screw on cap type.. easily damaged, easily stolen, failure would lead to deflation ..

of course this is only my opinion .. but I would only consider the type that have the transmitter inside the tyre affixed to the rim.

to be frank, imo not really needed on a motorhome, but would be invaluable fitted to a multi axle trailer or caravan where deflation can occur and go unnoticed by the driver.. this happened to me pulling a twin axle caravan .. by the time I realised something was amiss the tyre was shredded ..

tyres on fire on trailers are not unknown , the first indication a driver gets are the flames in the rear view mirror. :Eeek:

Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
I've ummed and ahhed about these for a while and my main concern has been what if they break, are they nickable and how accurate are they?. So this pretty much answers it for me, keep my money for the beer and get the wife to drive:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jun 21, 2008
Haxey, Doncaster, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2005
I have the Tyrepal system fitted to my Dethleff and it has been trouble free for the last 18 months they give you tyre pressures and temperature on a digtial screen .You can set min and max pressures/ temperatures . As for security of the valves they have a locking collar which when engaged cannot be removed they aree xpensive but you get what you pay for the main reason that I bought them is that I have a tag axle and it is not always easy to identify a slow puncture until it is to late I highly recomend them

John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back