Free Member
Oct 2, 2011
Widnes,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
Evening all,just got my motorhome back this afternoon,ive had a Espacher night heater fitted,and a pair of 110amp hr lesure batteries and all new wiring fitted,who ever put the battery wires in in the first instance was a mister bogit,wrong ampage cables and no fuses in line.But now its done right thanks to those lads down at Ribblesdale Auto at preston.the gas fire is redundant now,the heater is intergrated into the air ducts,so warm air all round the van,my wife is happy now,nice and warm.Going to do a bit off wild camping this w,end,just for a change.All the best to everybody and av a safe week.THE BANDIT:thumb::Cool:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
if you are wilding with a erberspacher take a genny it will use a huge amount of battery,great bit of kit though i have 3 yes 3 in my workshop one waiting to be fitted in my van and the other 2 going on ebay:thumb:
i will fit mine as a backup to the gas blown heating:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bandit

bandit

Free Member
Oct 2, 2011
Widnes,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
re night heater

evening Brian yes a great investment,its cost me alot of money,but i think it is well worth it,as a back up ive got the big genny,to save the batteries.and solar panel will keep em topped up.all the best phil.......THE BANDIT:thumb:

OP
OP
bandit

bandit

Free Member
Oct 2, 2011
Widnes,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
re night heater

Evening Cris,i use this type off heater in my wagon as well,ive got a big genny 2600 for running my microwave and hot water so well equiped. got to go bed time.sleeping in haulage yard tonight,all the best,Phil.........aka BAndit:thumb:

1Oll

Free Member
Jan 12, 2010
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class (German B Class!)
Exp
6+ years
Cost? Etc..

I have an Eberspächer diesel heater fitted in my Amethyst, it was installed by the previous owner. I've hardly used it because when not on hook up, I've always used gas, I've read that the Eberspächer cuts out if the battery voltage drops. I'm sure I've read that some users actually start their engines before starting the Eberspächer. When I first tested it, my heater had a slight oily smell. The exhaust pipe also ends under my MH, not a good idea, and it was professionally fitted! I've also read that it advisable to run it on a regular basis.
Has anyone compared running costs diesel v gas. It would be much cheaper to run on a separate tank of red diesel, but a separate tank would cancel out the advantages.

Brian.

OP
OP
bandit

bandit

Free Member
Oct 2, 2011
Widnes,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
Morning all,i left the night heater on last night when i went to bed on temp level 15,This mornin it was just right,As to cost we will wait and see,i filled my tank up yesterday so we see how much it uses.Yes Espacher and other night heaters dont like to be not run,the point is ididnt start my engine before starting the heater,and as hardly touch the batteries.The reason i have gone down the night heater road,is because the gas fire was naf,and you cant go 2 sleep with one on.Plus i use night heater in my wagon.On my way to immingham now to load.safe driving all,THE BANDIT:thumb::Cool:

mikkidee

Free Member
Aug 1, 2010
Malton,North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since June 08
Morning all,i left the night heater on last night when i went to bed on temp level 15,This mornin it was just right,As to cost we will wait and see,i filled my tank up yesterday so we see how much it uses.Yes Espacher and other night heaters dont like to be not run,the point is ididnt start my engine before starting the heater,and as hardly touch the batteries.The reason i have gone down the night heater road,is because the gas fire was naf,and you cant go 2 sleep with one on.Plus i use night heater in my wagon.On my way to immingham now to load.safe driving all,THE BANDIT:thumb::Cool:

I put our eberspacher on the other night when it was -8. Had it running for 11 1/2 Hrs, checked the fuel gauge and it had hardly moved. I read somewhere that over 8 hours continuous running it used a ltr of fuel which at the time was £1.20 a ltr.
Mike:Smile:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
I put our eberspacher on the other night when it was -8. Had it running for 11 1/2 Hrs, checked the fuel gauge and it had hardly moved. I read somewhere that over 8 hours continuous running it used a ltr of fuel which at the time was £1.20 a ltr.
Mike:Smile:

if you think thats bad you should run an Alde wet system we have no choice at the moment but on a cold night i will consume gas at a rate of 500g per hour so an 10 hour continuous run leaves just about enough gas for breakfast off a 6kg bottle at £20 a time:Angry:

i spoke to Alde about this and they said it all depends on the size of vehicle and what the temperature is outside and how warm you want it.
they also said that an eberspacher hydronic can be fitted to the system via a heat exchanger which will be my next big spend on the van for next winter.

mikkidee

Free Member
Aug 1, 2010
Malton,North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since June 08
if you think thats bad you should run an Alde wet system we have no choice at the moment but on a cold night i will consume gas at a rate of 500g per hour so an 10 hour continuous run leaves just about enough gas for breakfast off a 6kg bottle at £20 a time:Angry:

i spoke to Alde about this and they said it all depends on the size of vehicle and what the temperature is outside and how warm you want it.
they also said that an eberspacher hydronic can be fitted to the system via a heat exchanger which will be my next big spend on the van for next winter.

No sorry, I didn't say it was bad, in fact its bloody fantastic. £20 for 10 hrs heating:Eeek: flippin heck time for you to change

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
fortunately it cuts in and out all the time so never runs at full tilt for too long.
without mains hookup i can squeeze 3 1/2 days out of a 6 kg bottle but found that a 13kg bottle fits in the locker and at £25.50 a time i can get nearly 3 weeks at this time of year.

of course this will change in the warmer weather as i will only be heating the hot water.
last year we managed 4 months on a single 13kg bottle which is more like it but i am still going to go down the eberspacher route with its own fuel tank as red diesel round here is at the moment around 80p per litre.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back