Really Useful storage (1 Viewer)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I have just bought a stack of these boxes by really useful.
http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/uk/html/onlineshop/fullrange_rub.php

The boxes are amazing, solid, come in all sizes and the handles lock up over the lid to secure it in place. They do small ones that are ideal for fuses, bulbs, sewing kit, tablets etc etc. I have a bunch of medium sized ones for things like hose attachments, packet foods, photo's/postcards, hygene products (soap, shampoos etc). All the way up to big ones for major stuff. They also stack really well.

I have used many different types of storage boxes over the years but these are hands down the best I have ever seen and well worth their money.

Some of their range is available on ebay cheaper.

I am not affiliated with the company in any way. I am just really happy with having all my storage tidy now.::bigsmile:

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
2010 and camper all my life
some ladies like handbags some like shoes....myself I love storeage boxes....ta ever so ta,

Im browsin thro the boxes...what a find....I love dem iccle ones in da supermarket with the 4 sealing clips round the lid and the blue rubber seal thing..great for keeping headphones or electrical bits in em in the motorhome without fear they will rust....

g/f keeps emptying my bits out and putting food in em?????then putting them in the fridge???? whats that all about????

boxes rule OK...most of the sides are straight enuff to rule with and the round ones for drawin circles.

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
When I said they were tough....

Link Removed
I stood on a stack of 3 to reach the roof to clean off some snow :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Going to be ideal for the new storage area in the motorhome, well done

Now clear so I can see what sh*t is being storage or coloured so its hidden ?? :ROFLMAO:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
They are certainly very usefull & a winner for us........we have been using some similar ones for a while which we bought in our local "cheapy" shop.

The lockers are now much tidier and I can usually find whatever I am looking for, also much easier loading or clearing the m/h:thumb:

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
They are certainly very usefull & a winner for us........we have been using some similar ones for a while which we bought in our local "cheapy" shop.

These are not like the cheapy ones (even the good cheapy ones). The sides for example are vertical not sloping and the lid/lip doesn't protrude out from the side hardly at all. This means you can stack them side by side with no wasted space.

The other good thing is the lid sits on the top of the box and doesn't go into the box internal space so you can fill them right to the top and still get the lid on. In the bigger ones the lid actually sits higher than the internal space so you can overfill them then use the handles to push the stuff inside down. I did this on two of my cable boxes.

As I said in my first post these are so much better than any other storage box I have tried before hence me raving (probably a bit too much) about these. I have been through literally 100's of storage boxes both for business and personal use and these are a magnitude better than anything I have used before.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Link Removed
I stood on a stack of 3 to reach the roof to clean off some snow :thumb:

Karl, I know you're not the tallest amongst us but surely you don't need 3 boxes to reach the roof of a Mini do you? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seriously, they are very good boxes. We have bought a few over the years for use in both van and house.

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Thanks for the info Carl, I can see my credit card getting some use here :ROFLMAO:

When do you hit Zahora? I'll take a proper look at the boxes then :winky:

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Hi Karl :Smile:

We've been using these boxes for a number of years now - most of our stuff in storage in in them and we have several of them in various sizes in the motorhome. They're GREAT! :thumb:

We first bought them in Staples but see them now in lots of different stores. :Smile:

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
When do you hit Zahora? I'll take a proper look at the boxes then :winky:

Sorry not making it to Zahora this year. Family medical drama. Marie is there and she has some though. Might be an idea to ask her nicely:winky: She is a lovely lady ::bigsmile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I bought two of the file storing ones.. excellent.. but note: they are not air tight..

we bake all our own bread and buy flour in 16kg bags, so bought a big one for storing it in the shed.. insects got in over the top.. the lid does not seal on the box.. there is a small air gap .

Just for interest, I was in Makro today and they have them on offer .. some on a BOGOF others reduced.. they have a nice long one with two storage trays on top.. ideal for tools or a craft box .. fishing gear etc.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Ha Ha RUBs really usefull boxs,

We used to use them for gecko breeding, a lot of reptile breeders use them, they lock tight to stop the little buxxers getting out and stack up for space saving, I got mine from a snake breeder he used to breed fantasic albino pythones, a sort ot of lemony yellow colour (the snakes not the boxs).

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I hadn't considered using them for foodstuff to be honest Jim. I do have washing powder in one under the sink. It's been there for 10 days now and isn't showing any signs of damp though. So probably ok for stuff that doesn't require absolute air tightness but not food?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I hadn't considered using them for foodstuff to be honest Jim. I do have washing powder in one under the sink. It's been there for 10 days now and isn't showing any signs of damp though. So probably ok for stuff that doesn't require absolute air tightness but not food?

yes indeed..

great boxes, but not marketed for food storage..

I also keep the dry dog food in one and no problems.... well. they aint fallen sick .... yet :roflmto:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

We have one which we use for foodstuffs on a short term basis. The likes of bread, oatcakes and whatever else fits in when we are away in the van. Stops stuff being crushed and it's food which is eaten too rapidly to go off.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I won't be showing my wife this thread. She has a thing about storage containers. We have a house ( and Motorhome ) full of the damn things.:Doh:

Nathan

Free Member
Jun 14, 2012
United States
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
You are shared very well information i read out all your posts and i am fully agreed with you..
Thanks for this great knowledge

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back