Pat on the back for Brownhills (1 Viewer)

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
First, I have no connection with Brownhills and have never dealt with them before.

Have read quite a lot of negative comment about them which is how others have found them, but in the interest of balance I want to congratulate Brownhills for the service they gave over a couple of weeks.

We have our old but new to us Hymer and wanted a number of Hymer only parts. With a couple of phone calls to their parts department and a number of emails all the correct parts were found for us. This did entail them sourcing changed part number and info from Germany.
We had intended to collect the parts from Newark today (Monday) as one of the parts was a little vunerable to be sent via courier, so along with a number of smaller items all parts were collected together and stored as one order in the managers office.

We suddenly found we could collect last Saturday but realised they close at 12:30 lunch time and we were travelling from Essex.

We got caught in the A14 road closure north of Cambridge which entailed an amazing detour taking us 1 hour 20 minutes to travel around 5 miles onto where the A14 met the A1.

Phoned Brownhills to say we were on our way but it would be touch and go if we arrived on time. Liz in parts offered to leave all the details with a sales person who would be on site all day, but out of politeness wanted to speak with sales first,
She called us back and said all was arranged and when did we think we would arrive. It was obvious that we couldn't make 12:30 so left the arrangements as they were.

A little later received another call from Liz to ask out ETA and as we had travelled so far she would be happy to stay behind and hand over the parts herself.

We did get there late but she was waiting with a smile. She didn't get away from the building until 1:10 , all this was done on a voluntary basis with absolute good will.

So hats off to Liz as Brownhills representative when we arrived, but also to Darren who prepared the order with the utmost care and consideration before handing over to Liz.

ps: On the Wednesday before collection we were still in France and not sure how the UK road system was (tv only presents the worst weather news regarding snow and road conditions).

I emailed Darren to ask what the situation was in Newark. Thursday he wrote with a ' local road report ' to help us decide whether to travel, very considerate in my opinion.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
nice to see they have finally got their act together i have not had dealings with them but after a few good posts on here maybe i will deal with them in the future i will certainly not avoid them.

we did call in to newark branch a while ago and things looked ok and the restaurant was well presented and reasonably priced and i did enjoy the food.

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
thats brown hills will go all out to get your money put when things go wrong they wont want to know you

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
i think they have changed a bit since then yosser.

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
i dont think they have i bought a van from them they told me they will test the van for damp give gas test .i took the van my self when i got it and guess wot came up with damp which has cost brown hills £3000 to put right and now am having a go at them for the revers judder this is one customer that will never buy from them again

OP
OP
V
Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
i dont think they have i bought a van from them they told me they will test the van for damp give gas test .i took the van my self when i got it and guess wot came up with damp which has cost brown hills £3000 to put right and now am having a go at them for the revers judder this is one customer that will never buy from them again

I was very sorry to read of your troubles and sure that with your experience that I wouldn't go back either and wouldn't be as polite as you are writing about it.

My post was to give a positive view of our experience from two of their younger staff who couldn't have done any more for us. It's only right to applaud when something good happens.

Perhaps the rest of the company is not up to the parts department standard, I wouldn't know?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back