A tip if buying from brownhills (1 Viewer)

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
I bought my van from them and was told it had a damp test . put i took it to a place i know and they done a damp test on it and told me this van as never been tested it needs £3000 pounds of work . i phoned them up and told them they wanted me to bring it to Newark told them they have no chance then they said they will pick it up i said OK then i get a phone call from them asking me to send the quote to them which i did .then they phoned me to tell me to get the work done which we have had done now. just shows that they never tested the van at hall.

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
It is a good job you had it checked out.

Did you suspect damp?

Really glad it is now sorted for you.

Good result in the end, but could have been a disaster.

Lesley

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
damp van

Yosser, that was unlucky but glad it has been sorted what a bum deal from brownhills is this the way to do business I dont think so :Eeek:let us all know who has sorted it for you :RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
Yosser, that was unlucky but glad it has been sorted what a bum deal from brownhills is this the way to do business I dont think so :Eeek:let us all know who has sorted it for you :RollEyes:[/QUOT

this is hue done the work for me . motorhomes UK limited . unit 10 old mill industrial est bamber bridge Preston lancashire postcode PR5 6SY tel 01772626908 .

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Is this on your new van Martin??????

OP
OP
Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
up date on brown hills pay another £1300 to Peugeot to fix the revers judder turns out it needs the a new primary shaft so up to now its cost them £4300 i bet they just love me

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
the thing here martin is you have told them about the problems that admittedly you should not have had when you bought the van from them.
but and its a big but here you are now saying that [HI]they have paid for the damp repairs and are paying for the gearbox judder problem to be sorted[/HI] so maybe they are not as bad as you are making them out to be.

the way i see all of this with brownhills is they have realised the errors of their previous ways and are trying to improve things.

OP
OP
Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
the thing here martin is you have told them about the problems that admittedly you should not have had when you bought the van from them.
but and its a big but here you are now saying that [HI]they have paid for the damp repairs and are paying for the gearbox judder problem to be sorted[/HI] so maybe they are not as bad as you are making them out to be.

the way i see all of this with brownhills is they have realised the errors of their previous ways and are trying to improve things.

when i told them it was damp they told me it was not when they new it was with the judder they told me it was the characteristics of the van as they had spoken to peugeot. i booked van in to a peugeot garage hue tested the van told me its the primary shaft brow hills have tried all sorts to get out of this plus i spoken to the last owner and he told me they did a damp test and gave him a lot less than he wonted for the van. so yes they have paid now for all the work done and only paid because there was no other way out for them

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
So well done Martin they knew all about the damp even before they partx the van and hoped you would not notice till out of warranty.That is NOT an honest dealer

otis the staffy

Free Member
Jan 2, 2010
Funster No
Brownhills

When we went looking for our first van several years ago had no part ex and large wad in back pocket narrowed it down to Mach-Zone,Hobby or Hymer.We visited Newark spent hour walking round decided to go into sales office for a coffee was greeted with,YES,my reply hi could we get a coffeee,answer coffee is only for people who have bought a van.My reply I will never know how good your coffee is and you will never know how close you came to selling a van to me bye. Went off and gave Glenn,s at Bulwell my cash.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:Stay Safe:thumb:

OP
OP
Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
When we went looking for our first van several years ago had no part ex and large wad in back pocket narrowed it down to Mach-Zone,Hobby or Hymer.We visited Newark spent hour walking round decided to go into sales office for a coffee was greeted with,YES,my reply hi could we get a coffeee,answer coffee is only for people who have bought a van.My reply I will never know how good your coffee is and you will never know how close you came to selling a van to me bye. Went off and gave Glenn,s at Bulwell my cash.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:Stay Safe:thumb:

There's one thing you can be sure about it there coffee wont be as wet as there vans are

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years

I really, really hope you got out a wedge of £50 notes and waved them at him/her as you left... :winky:

JJ :Cool:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I have just written quite a long reply but cancelled it for fear of reprisals .
Martin if I were you I would ask Brownhills MD to explain how you came to buy a damp van.
ask him to write to you after he has found out why this happened, he must realise now thousands of people have read this and are also thinking :Eeek:
would I buy anything from them if that is how they do business .Ask what they intend to do to stop this happening again to other buyers, we hear how they are sorry for the past treatment of customers all the time but still keep reading about things like this

This is as PC as I could post after thinking how poor Martin must have felt when he found the damp test results.

I for one would love to see Brownhills reply
I wonder what other dealers think about this sort of thing and if they have the Broken Link Removed to comment

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back