Chausson Ford Service Schedule (1 Viewer)

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
Our Flash 03 is based on a 2010 Transit FWD 2.2 with the 140bhp upgrade.

I noticed that the service book hasn't been stamped. We bought it 17 months old as an ex-demo back in November.

It's registration date was June 2010, it's just passed 8,000 miles and has had no service.

Contacted the (Chausson) dealer who we bought it off and they are saying it's 20,000 miles or 2 years. Contacted Ford who say that it's 20,000 miles or annually, unless it's got a DPF then it's 15,000 miles or annually.

Does anyone know which it is. Not sure if it's got a DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) or not? Either way, I think the dealer has screwed up and never got it serviced and now trying to back out. Once all this has been sorted, we won't be going back, to be honest, they've been a pain from the start and just had enough now.

I've also emailed Chausson to have them confirm too.

reader

Free Member
Apr 27, 2011
IO83rk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I think Ford changed their minds on service intervals a couple of years ago. We got our van in 2008 and it clearly said the 1st service was "X" miles or 2 years.
I took in to the main dealer for the 1st service (@2) and they were adament that it should be done annually. I let them do it as I think 2 years is far too long to have the original oil in the engine. They then went onto say that due to low mileages covered they would only change the filters every second year.
All history now now as my local garage who happens to own a motorhome has done it since with tlc

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
15K or annually!::bigsmile:

Its the same for my 57 plate 85 PS FWD work van and our 10 plate 140 PS RWD motorhome.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
I think Ford changed their minds on service intervals a couple of years ago. We got our van in 2008 and it clearly said the 1st service was "X" miles or 2 years.
I took in to the main dealer for the 1st service (@2) and they were adament that it should be done annually. I let them do it as I think 2 years is far too long to have the original oil in the engine. They then went onto say that due to low mileages covered they would only change the filters every second year.
All history now now as my local garage who happens to own a motorhome has done it since with tlc

We do about 4k per year in our Transit-based MH.
The service schedule for a Transit is 15k or yearly.
We are observing this whilst the Transit is in warranty, however once the warranty is up, we'll get the book stamped every 2 years.
'What about the oil?' I hear you cry!
Well, considering that our Transit was built in Turkey in 2008 and took 2 years to get to first registration in 2010 before being run for a further year to it's first service, the oil was 3 years old!!!
If Ford are happy to stand by the warranty under those circumstances, then the oil must be of sufficient quality to last 2 yrs!!!
Fully synthetic oils tend not to suffer from the oxidation and breakdown suffered by mineral products, so a 2 year/8K service sounds OK in my book!

OP
OP
Craig Rogers

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
Hmmm,

The plot thickens.

In the service schedule, it seems to mention (it's in French) "2 ans", 2 years.

This is probably what the dealer is working from. I'll wait for Chausson to reply with their verdict then go with that. However, Ford UK, state the 15K/20K depending on DPF fitment.

I'll let you know.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
I would listen to Ford UK, they are the ones who will honour the warranty if something expensive goes bang!:thumb:

OP
OP
Craig Rogers

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
Exactly my thoughts, but it's too late now, registered June 2010 and never had a Cab service so far as the dealer is working at a 2 year interval. :cry:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Exactly my thoughts, but it's too late now, registered June 2010 and never had a Cab service so far as the dealer is working at a 2 year interval. :cry:

It might be worth a word with Ford Customer Service.
If you explain the full circumstances, they might be OK with continuing the Ford warranty, if for example, you had it dealer serviced asap. The low mileage would be in your favour.
If not, I wouldn't know where to go next. Perhaps get it serviced and keep my fingers crossed! Some dealers are bloody awful I do agree.
Have you asked the supplying Chausson dealer if they are able to put a retrospective stamp in the book in some way? Perhaps with a garage they use for chassis/cab repairs?
It doesn't have to have been serviced by a Ford dealer for the warranty to be still valid. This is a recent EU directive.

OP
OP
Craig Rogers

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
I will be having a(nother) word with the dealer, but I'll wait for Chausson to respond first. It's 2 years old in June anyway, so fingers crossed, it won't require any Ford warranty work, but Sod has a clever way of enforcing it's law sometimes!

M1TCH

Free Member
May 15, 2011
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
My Transits Five years old in May its the 2.4 TDCI 140BHP the service intervals are every Two years or 20k miles on the 140bhp engine according to my dealer but ive had it serviced every year due to it being stood more than an average builders van etc just a note the Ford customer service depatment are as much good as a chocalate fire guard Gray.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back