Truma 3002 intermittent lighting problem (1 Viewer)

chrispidgeon

Free Member
Feb 5, 2012
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
So, just a few little snagging issues with our 2011 Swift Escape....

Mainly concerning the Gas operation of the fire (and fridge).

What happens is that sometimes the fire lights within one or two clicks (manual piezo ignition), yet around 50% of the time, it will not light for the want of trying.

And possibly related, when lighting the fridge on gas, it always lights, but about half the time, will not stay alight even after holding the knob in for over a minute.

The Ultrastore lights quickly and stays lit every time, and the oven and hob is always fine (so far).

One thing I did try once when the fire would not light was to light a gas ring to draw the gas flow through, after which the fire lit straight away...was this just a coincidence?

And once, the fire was lit on gas, and the fridge would not stay lit, then I turned the fire off, and the fridge stayed lit???

FYI, used gas extensively in our prev. caravan without issue.

Any help would be mucho appreciated ...thanks

Chris

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I wonder if there is some kind of partial blockage in the gas supply to the fridge and heater.

Does each piece of equipment have its own dedicated feed pipe from a bank of gas taps?

Or maybe your regulator isn't letting enough gas through... (just a stab in the dark there)

JJ :Cool:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Could it be another truma regulator gas problem?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Dumb question probably but are you on butane or propane? In this weather butane may not be suitable.... Could cause symptoms similar to these.

OP
OP
C

chrispidgeon

Free Member
Feb 5, 2012
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
It's on Propane.

Funny thing is, I have just been in it to test it. I lit the fridge, no issues at all, then all the gas rings and the oven at full strength, and then the fire, which lit no problem.

I let all these things burn at max level for around 15 mins with no problems at all.....aaarrrrrggghhhh - why did it all work now, yet yesterday I had problems.

Booked in to dealer tomorrow for a general check over, but I don't think it can be the regulator?

We shall see.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
I think you are suffering a case of S*D's law.
You made the mistake of letting it know it was going in for a service, you can't expect it to play up to order, you should have taken it by surprise.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C

chrispidgeon

Free Member
Feb 5, 2012
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I think you are suffering a case of S*D's law.
You made the mistake of letting it know it was going in for a service, you can't expect it to play up to order, you should have taken it by surprise.

LOL I know. Just tried it all again - and everything was absolutely fine, so not sure whether to bother taking it in now......

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back