French Connection (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi, I'm heading to France this year and have had several people advise me as to what I'll need. Reverse polarity lead, tester, different adapters/leads etc. According to some I'll need about three different connectors.. Can someone please advise what I will really need and links to where they can be purchased would be good. Any other tips and advice would be good. Heading for a wedding and we have been asked to take over cheese ( I might throw in a haggis as well ) but I feel sure there must be rules on what we can take with us.

Many thanks :thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
mostly the french now use the standard 'blue' plug as we use here.

some older or more rural sites may still have the old schuko sockets and you will need an schuko plug (below) or just an adaptor ( second below) and a uk 3 pin plug on your h/u lead.

Link Removed

Link Removed

other things will be two warning triangles, reflective vests, first aid kit....even if not compulsory they're worth having.

driving licence, log book, MOT, insurance etc....originals...NOT COPIES

i'm sure there are no restrictions on foodstuffs into Europe or the UK

OP
OP
gordoncbrown
Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Probably Cheddar !!!:thumb:

Spot on. I could go the whole hog and take a good Scottish wine with me... I am really looking forward to enjoying the culinary delights of France. It's some English friends that have set up home in France that are getting married and have requested we take some cheese over. Probably to let some of their neighbours and friends sample some cheese from where they come from. Many flavours, many wines, many aspirins.......:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back