Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
I recently uplifted the gross from 3.500 kg to 3.700 kg, to give us a bit more carrying capacity, good job I did we took the van to the weigh bridge today fully loaded it topped the scales at 3.700 kg bang on that was a good guess, so that will be ok if stopped on the way to Spain on Sunday. Pete :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
I recently uplifted the gross from 3.500 kg to 3.700 kg, to give us a bit more carrying capacity, good job I did we took the van to the weigh bridge today fully loaded it topped the scales at 3.700 kg bang on that was a good guess, so that will be ok if stopped on the way to Spain on Sunday. Pete :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
do you empty your water tank when traveling?
do you keep the fuel tank full?
i have a petrol /LPG motor so keep the petrol to 1/2 tank and only 1/3 fill the fresh water tank

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005

Peter, I hope that included any passengers.

On a previous m/h we owned I had it weighed in full holiday trim and thought GREAT as it was about 30kg under max..................then I realised Joyce weighed in at considerably more than 30Kg and was not on board:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
peter marshall

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
do you empty your water tank when traveling?
do you keep the fuel tank full?
i have a petrol /LPG motor so keep the petrol to 1/2 tank and only 1/3 fill the fresh water tank

Hi
Not much water, full tank diesal to start off with, then I will run it down a bit. pete :thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
peter marshall

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Peter, I hope that included any passengers.

On a previous m/h we owned I had it weighed in full holiday trim and thought GREAT as it was about 30kg under max..................then I realised Joyce weighed in at considerably more than 30Kg and was not on board:Doh:

Hi Joyce & Brian
Yes we was both in the van, before the increase in the gross, I had it weighed with all the heavy stuff in and the both of us, we were 30kg over then so the extra 200 kg done the trick. Pete

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
been thinking of doing the same with ours - its a welcome 85

How easy was it to do......

OP
OP
peter marshall

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
been thinking of doing the same with ours - its a welcome 85

How easy was it to do......

Hi Bungy
Its only a paper exercise, I used SV Tech in Leyland you will find them on the internet, they will post you a form, they will need reg plate details,Chassis vin No, wheelbase, and length of van, you will get back an extra vin plate to go alongside your original two, your van will then be PHG with a lower tax payable I got £30.00 refund (very nice) when you have your paperwork take to your local DVLA office (just a thought before you go down the SV Tech route) check if they are acceptable in your area they are ok here so should be ok for you, they do work country wide, you will need to take your new paperwork, tax disc and logbook they will issue a new disc from there and a new logbook will come by post, the extra 200kg is very handy and can be reduced later if required. Pete :thumb::thumb:

Ps you can have it up to 3.850 but that entails airride and poss new tyres which seems not worth it for the little bit extra.

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Bungy
Its only a paper exercise, I used SV Tech in Leyland you will find them on the internet, they will post you a form, they will need reg plate details,Chassis vin No, wheelbase, and length of van, you will get back an extra vin plate to go alongside your original two, your van will then be PHG with a lower tax payable I got £30.00 refund (very nice) when you have your paperwork take to your local DVLA office (just a thought before you go down the SV Tech route) check if they are acceptable in your area they are ok here so should be ok for you, they do work country wide, you will need to take your new paperwork, tax disc and logbook they will issue a new disc from there and a new logbook will come by post, the extra 200kg is very handy and can be reduced later if required. Pete :thumb::thumb:

Ps you can have it up to 3.850 but that entails airride and poss new tyres which seems not worth it for the little bit extra.

Much appreciated...need to weigh the van again..just had a splurge on what we carry and quite a lot has come out that hasn't been used in the couple of years we've had the van!!

OP
OP
peter marshall

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Much appreciated...need to weigh the van again..just had a splurge on what we carry and quite a lot has come out that hasn't been used in the couple of years we've had the van!!

You will surprise your self with the total weight of things, I thought we would be under now but finished up at dead on 3.700 kg, I hope you find yours is ok .Pete :thumb:

Ps nice van:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back