Stolen - Rimor Superbrig 699 Living (1 Viewer)

jimmyjoe

Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Dublin
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2009
Having only just signed up here, to get some advice, I unfortunately have to report having had our motorhome stolen on January 15th, when we were travelling abroad!!

Here's the details of it, just in case anyone spots it!

The Motorhome is a coach-built motorhome, built on a Ford Transit chassis, with an overcab double bed. Its primarily white, but with Beige and grey/blue running across it.
The Coachbuilder is RIMOR, an Italian company, while the model of the actual camper is called Superbrig 699 Living. This is marked on the rear of the van, written sideways up the left hand side of the rear. RIMOR is printed on all four sides of the camper, while Superbrig is also written on all four sides of the camper.
The Ford Transit cab is white, with beige/fawn bumper moulding with a 2.4TDCI engine developing 140bhp. The Cab seats are grey check, but a set of fawn coloured seat covers had been fitted, so that these seats would match the colour of the seats in the motorhome. It comes with Front Fog lamps, cruise control, and automatic wipers, which I believe was the comfort pack supplied by Ford.

Feb10pictures060.jpg

On the Passenger side, pictured above, there is a external locker just behind the cab door, which contains 2 Gas cylinders. Next to that, down low, is another locker, which contains yellow wheel chocks (for levelling the van), electrical cabling and fittings. The next door houses the canister for the internal toilet, while the door behind the rear wheels is access to what’s referred to as the “Garage” which is various items are stored, including two sun loungers, rubber floor matting, a length of garden hose on a reel and three sides to an Awning.
Not visible in the picture above, is a split in the white shell above the windscreen on the passenger side. Also not visible, is the advertising on the disc holder, which is for Caoga Insurance.

Feb10pictures068.jpg

The Driver’s side of the camper, pictured above, has two vents just behind the drivers door, which are for the fridge. In the picture, both are vented, however, when stolen, the top vent was closed with an additional plastic covering. The covering for the bottom vent is partially broken, and was sitting on the floor of the cab, between the two seats. The side door into the camper, had it’s sliding mechanism at the top broken. The Step underneath the door is electric, operated by a switch just inside the door on the RHS. Again, to the rear, is access to the Garage. Across the top, can be seen the Fiamma awning locked into place. Since that picture was taken, a satellite system was installed on the roof, which provided both tv and broadband. The folded down satellite would be visible from the street.

Feb10pictures014.jpg

The rear of the camper has a ladder on the right hand side, a dual reversing camera above the window, and since this picture above was taken, a twin bicycle rack was fitted below the window, and a towbar was also fitted. A plastic coated chain & padlock was attached to both the ladder and the bicycle rack. As can be seen in the picture above, there is a full awning, only the roof, and the front is shown.

Feb10pictures010.jpg

This picture, is of the front of the van. The split in the white panelling, which is unique to this vehicle, is on the top right hand side of the windscreen, and has been covered with silver duct tape.

Feb10pictures054.jpg

This is a picture of the interior, from the cab towards the rear. In the rear, is wraparound seating around a table. Mounted on the LHS of the rear (not visible) is a 20” Grundig colour tv, together with the equipment to operate the satellite & broadband, including a router, a modem, and a Sky box. There were remotes for the tv and skybox too. In the cupboard behind the cooker is a full set of pots & pans, together with a toaster. There’s an electric kettle in the press under the sink. Under the cooker is a full set of cutlery. On the left, is a full Fridge and freezer, with a Microwave on top of it all. Above the cooker and hob, in the presses was a full set of crockery.

Feb10pictures058.jpg

This is the picture from the corner of that U, so that the TV can be seen wall mounted.

Feb10pictures065.jpg

This final picture is of the cab, from the table in the middle of the van. As can be seen, there’s a double bed over the cab. On the right hand side of the windscreen is a colour monitor for the dual reversing camera. The power for that is by plugging in a plug into the box, in front of the steering wheel.
There is a full set of custom made sheets in a locker, to fit the beds in the camper. There was also a second Leisure battery sitting on the floor of the camper, for use, in case the first battery failed. There’s a fire extinguisher behind the passenger front seat.
Also in the Garage to the rear of the van, is a heat reflective blanket to wrap around the windscreen.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I'll keep my eyes peeled jimmyjoe but I have to say when thieves steal a 90foot 35 ton sailing ketch in bright yellow, the only one in the world to have been built specially to order and the police can't find that what hope do you have.

Fairly difficult to hide compared to your Ford Rimor.....still

It's a bloody shame, and I hope the thieves get there comeuppance. Griff

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Sorry to hear your bad luck.

Hopefully your insurance company will make a reasonable payout if your MH isn't recovered soon.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Did it not have a tracker system fitted????

the first thing i did when i got my RV was to fit the smart track system and a fully integrated alarm system

ok it was over £1000 .00

but to protect over £30K investment money well spent i say

sorry but i have little sentiment if you did not have the security on your van as they are a value item and will always be a target to undesirable low life scum who steal anything they can

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983

the first thing i did when i got my RV was to fit the smart track system and a fully integrated alarm system

ok it was over £1000 .00

sorry but i have little sentiment if you did not have the security on your van as they are a value item and will always be a target to undesirable low life scum who steal anything they can

Nice sympathetic reply. Perhaps you should have given that advice before the theft. :Smile:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
That's bad luck.......you mention you were travelling abroad so was it stolen in Ireland or elsewhere?

Brian

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
where was it taken from?

You did not tell us where it was stolen from.

Hope you get your insurance sorted out soon.

Bob

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004

ok it was over £1000 .00

hindsight is great is'nt it:Doh:

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years

ok it was over £1000 .00

Its your opinion................but would it have been nicer without the last para...I think so

Sorry to hear about the loss

barry

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs

ok it was over £1000 .00

An uncalled for remark... :Angry:

Jimmyjoe was just stating his Motorhome had been stolen, and asked members to keep an eye out from what is a detailed discription..

And doubt he was asking for snide remarks...

I am sure you have done some thing or not and regretted it after the event.. as has most of us..

I wish you luck Jimmyjoe and sincerely hope you get your pride and joy back.. :thumb:

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Its your opinion................but would it have been nicer without the last para...I think so

Sorry to hear about the loss

barry
yes it is an opinion mine i express it as i see it if that is not what you like then that is fine by me

i find it quite hard to accept the bolt the stable door after the horse has bolted syndrome lets stand up and be counted

any one who has paid or borrowed the money to buy such an expensive item then not put the security on it and just hope insurance will pay out well you only get what you pay for

to many people take no security and expect all to be well
in the real world the villans are every where sorry state of the society we live in

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
From another site where the theft is also reported -

"Oh, and on 15th January last, while I was out of the country, our house was burgled at 4am, and the key's to this was taken, as was the Motorhome itself!"

so it looks like stolen from Dublin folks.

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
line up and take the pot shots here
i have big shoulders i am sure i can take it
i do not mean to offend any one
but if i have then it was not what i had in mind when posting

just do not hang me too high i suffer from vertigo !!

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Put brain in gear before commenting !

Nice sympathetic reply. Perhaps you should have given that advice before the theft. :Smile:

Think about it Popeye ! The guy (Motorhome lover) is not a mind reader, I was about to suggest that a tracker would have made all the difference! I have one fitted...do you ????

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
I think the whole point here is a fellow motorhomer asking for HELP!:Eeek:

and we give him a hard time...:Angry:.. I am sure he now knows all too well the what if's right now.:Doh:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
Au contraire !!

It's Motorhome lover who is being given the stick !! Just for giving his two pennyworth !
I suppose that I am now going to have some remarks about my parenthood thrust upon me !! Try it !!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Think about it Popeye ! The guy (Motorhome lover) is not a mind reader, I was about to suggest that a tracker would have made all the difference! [HI]I have one fitted...do you[/HI] ????

Yes I do, I also have a Cat 1 Thatcham together with all doors and flaps and immobiliser besides the Factory fitted one. I still feel that the OP was asking for our help in finding his motor-home not a lecture on what he should have done.

I have to say that IF my MH was kept outside my house and IF my house was burgled while I was away and IF the keys and the motor-home were stolen then none of those anti-theft devices would have helped me until I come home and discover its absence, by which time it would be a little late, but thank you for your view, that is what the Forum is for....Griff

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
Yes I do, I also have a Cat 1 Thatcham together with all doors and flaps and immobiliser besides the Factory fitted one. I still feel that the OP was asking for our help in finding his motor-home not a lecture on what he should have done.

I have to say that IF my MH was kept outside my house and IF my house was burgled while I was away and IF the keys and the motor-home were stolen then none of those anti-theft devices would have helped me until I come home and discover its absence, by which time it would be a little late, but thank you for your view, that is what the Forum is for....Griff

Popeye (Griff) !!!....I look forward to buying you a beer or three sometime !!:thumb:

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp

with smart track they contact me if the vehicle moves when i am away
it is on gps so they can see where it is any where in Europe
they will phone me direct and also a second nominated person
you only get what you pay for

none of this bleep bleep tracker of the 1990s so that only shows within 100 meters by the police.

I did not mean any offense in my original post and i stand by what i have written

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
From another site where the theft is also reported -

"Oh, and on 15th January last, while I was out of the country, our house was burgled at 4am, and the key's to this was taken, as was the Motorhome itself!"

so it looks like stolen from Dublin folks.
its got french reg plate on the photos

OMG does that mean there are two motorhomes stolen and i have to go through all the flack a second time ????

glad it is on another forum or i would end up very busy ducking all the tempered flack thats been thrown my way

ring it on i dont mind i have big shoulders and can take as much as i can give
its only an internet site not real world

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
its got french reg plate on the photos

OMG does that mean there are two motorhomes stolen and i have to go through all the flack a second time ????

l think you will find that the plates are southern Irish.

Craig
As if i give a shit !!!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I think this was a planned theft rather than opportunist..

The photos and wording are an advert and there is a For Sale sign on the cab window.. reg plates not concealed and plenty of hints to the location..
my guess someone saw the advert on-line and planned the theft .. finding the address would be relatively easy .. they may even have known Jimmyjoe was going away ..:Sad:

Maybe some lessons to be learned ..

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
The lesson here is don't put too much info on the net.
probably got a face ache account that told the world he was going on holiday.

S

stagman

Deleted User

ok it was over £1000 .00

What a load of B-------

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
stolen Rimor

Jimmyjoe you have my sympathy.:Sad: I see from the notes you have an A class. I suppose the Rimor was the one you had before that and were selling it because you had just bought a new MH. I hope the insurance pay out quickly or you have sufficient funds to cover the change. ---- or is my assumption just way off beam?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back