syranara

Free Member
Aug 15, 2008
Northfleet, Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
5th wheeler
Exp
Ok so I know this has been done to the death over the years but tonight I had a phone call from the RAC regarding the renewal of the Arrival/roadside assistance that we have had for the past few years.?

Apparently unless we take out full UK cover we can no longer have the Arrival. I explained that we are already fully covered by my bank's recovery insurance in the UK but that was not good enough. Basically either we take out full UK cover with them or we go elsewhere.

Is there anywhere else?

We use Camptons for our truck and 5er insurance - it is just European breakdown that we want to cover.

I realise Camptons now do European recovery but the maximum length is only 23 feet!

Do we have any other choice than the RAC?

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Ok so I know this has been done to the death over the years but tonight I had a phone call from the RAC regarding the renewal of the Arrival/roadside assistance that we have had for the past few years.?

Apparently unless we take out full UK cover we can no longer have the Arrival. I explained that we are already fully covered by my bank's recovery insurance in the UK but that was not good enough. Basically either we take out full UK cover with them or we go elsewhere.

Is there anywhere else?

We use Camptons for our truck and 5er insurance - it is just European breakdown that we want to cover.

I realise Camptons now do European recovery but the maximum length is only 23 feet!

RAC Arrivals is a rip off
they tried to charge me £170
I canceled it

i am not planning to go to Europe this year and dont do many miles so will risk it for a few months

they charge so much and do it on fear
i service and repair at any cost so the MH should not have any problems
hope i do not live to regret it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years

Is there anywhere else?

=====

How about ADAC. German partners of AA. Full European cover on the ADAC PLUS service package. . Giving full breakdown cover for all of Europe , Around 98 euro per annum .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I canceled it

i am not planning to go to Europe this year and dont do many miles so will risk it for a few months

cant figure out where the price difference comes from.....

if you take regular cover for your car it is a set price depending on cover required...same price for everyone.

i'm with Arrivals for my second year and paid £72 the first year......£78 the second year, which is a normal 'inflationary' price increase and would expect a similar price at renewal this year.

where do these 3 figure prices come from ?

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Adac covers you whatever vehicle you are in so no need for separate cover for each vehicle... :thumb:

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
=====

How about ADAC. German partners of AA. Full European cover on the ADAC PLUS service package. . Giving full breakdown cover for all of Europe , Around 98 euro per annum .

... and medical repatriation anywhere in the world, pet repatriation etc etc

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Adac covers you whatever vehicle you are in so no need for separate cover for each vehicle... :thumb:
so does arrivals.....ANY vehicle except commercial goods vehicles, whether you own the vehicle or not, driving or not.

personal cover :thumb:

Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years

====

Yes , thats one of the good aspects of ADAC . There are also a lot of worthwhile "extras" in the package . Not bad for the annual cost .

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
'Arrivals' won't cover for vehicles like ours - too many restrictions :Sad:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
This was an interesting thread, because I started it :ROFLMAO: might be worth looking at it :Smile: Jane Broken Link Removed

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
According to the ADAC website, you have to have a German address, so how does that work then?

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Unfortunately, ADAC have size restrictions and would not cover your fiver.

We are with RAC Arrivals, but when I spoke to George in Dehli, he assured me that we would be covered for a fifth wheel, don't think he realised what one was, so to be on the safe side, we also registered with RAC Commercial. No fee up front but they do give you the costs should you breakdown, not cheap, but at least you would know that you are covered for recovery, however I think we did this through our business, so if you have a business, or can poport (spelling) to have a business , you may be able to get cover like that, it's better than being broken down on a motorway. They also cover for European breakdown.

We also have European cover with ADAC as RAC will only cover you for 90 day trips, but we are right on the limit, this is with our truck and camper, 11' high 24' long.

Nigel and Pamala

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
According to the ADAC website, you have to have a German address, so how does that work then?

Not true, there are many ADAC members her on FUN, and who have also used ADAC in UK and abroad.

Look up the ADAC threads, there is even a direct number and names of assistants who speak good English...

Broken Link Removed

ADAC, Very good service and good value....:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
'Arrivals' won't cover for vehicles like ours - too many restrictions :Sad:
cant see any restrictions in their terms and conditions......just the opposite.

Attachments

• arrival T's & C's.jpg
    arrival T's & C's.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 88
Sep 29, 2009
norwich
Funster No
MH
swift escape 640
Exp
since 2009
I canceled it

i can second that i have a 5 year no callout discount and feb 2012 arrival renewal £174.!!!! i have cancelled and contacted A D A C 98 euro promt reply with emailed form for payment attached.

have not joined yet but i will befor traveling unless i find something better

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp

Although we have an address in France we are seldom there - I just called Barbara Laurens (who speaks excellent English on 0049 941 55673.
She just asked for my and wife's names and took my English debit card details, and one of our son's address in Wales, which took all of 3 minutes including the social niceties. She called me back within 10 minutes to tell me our membership numbers and that we would be fully covered from midnight. Within 5 days we received the cards and paperwork as she'd promised.

:thumb:

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
ADAC : (for motorhomes) Max 7.5t / 2.55m W / 3.22m H / 10m L

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Our RAC covers 2 people, Pete's had it since before we got together (1998) and it was renewed in about September at exactly £160.

We've always stayed RAC because as well as breakdown, they will recover a motorbike following a crash. It's a bit hard getting em home otherwise. Esp when you are on a stretcher. They take em into storage then keep ringing you till you are in a position to say please take it to wherever.

Wonder whether ADAC do that? - no-one else does in UK.

OP
OP
syranara

syranara

Free Member
Aug 15, 2008
Northfleet, Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
5th wheeler
Exp
Thanks all for your input.

I still haven't made up my mind. I will take a look at ADAC.

My main problem with the RAC is that they were quite happy with the arrangement we had for the first couple of years or so but have now decided to change the 'rules' and insist that we cannot have European cover without Full UK cover and that the Roadside cover would no longer suffice.

Call me stubborn or whatever but I just don't like being told that I have to duplicate a cover that I already hold (I have full UK cover with my bank) in order to have European cover. Sounds a bit like blackmail to me :Angry:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
... and medical repatriation anywhere in the world, pet repatriation etc etc
[FONT=&quot]Does this world med repatriation cover any pre-existing medical conditions i.e. colds and flu tonsillitis etc.[/FONT]

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
true

Not true, there are many ADAC members her on FUN, and who have also used ADAC in UK and abroad.

Look up the ADAC threads, there is even a direct number and names of assistants who speak good English...

Broken Link Removed

ADAC, Very good service and good value....:thumb:

i have ADAC in the UK, in fact due for renewal in March... disable divers get a discount and I also a joint - partner (wife) on he cover for little more... my RV is covered as i sneak in side the size/weight. ADAC use the AA in the UK and you get a fee phone 0800 number to use with the plastic membership card... wish they would print the monthly magazine in English... you get a lot for the money.. ADAC has 17m members in europe... you can also extend cover to the USA... covers all countries that boarder the med and all Europe... more than just breakdown cover, medical and dozens of other things.

Bob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
it is ideal for you Buttons

[FONT=&quot]Does this world med repatriation cover any pre-existing medical conditions i.e. colds and flu tonsillitis etc.[/FONT]

It is ideal for you Buttons... cover unaccompanied dogs (and children).. given your dog likes to go out a lot.. would be an ideal recovery service for it

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob:Blush:

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Adac vs UK offerings? No contest.

10 vehicles of all descriptions in the family, available for our use, hire-cars, our Transit hi-top lwb van, all covered comprehensively anywhere/anytime... medical repatriation anywhere in the world ... et al.

In all our dealings with other countries in Europe we find it's only the UK which distinguishes between itself and the rest of Europe. It's just a £££-making scam.

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thought so - Got an online quote the other day (academic interest) - after ploughing through it it said 'no cover available for this vehicle' :Angry:

Doesn't matter as we can't better Adac :Smile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Thought so - Got an online quote the other day (academic interest) - after ploughing through it it said 'no cover available for this vehicle' :Angry:

Doesn't matter as we can't better Adac :Smile:
if my cover has increased dramatically or altered in any other way, I too will be going the ADAC route. :Doh:

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ah, my mistake: mis-use of terms - I meant European cover, not Arrivals. The conditions list says MHs over 11 years old incur extra charges - that's the point at which it said 'no cover for this vehicle' :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back