Free Member
May 22, 2008
wigan, lancs
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1973
Went today, to look at 3 year younger lower mileage van same model and spec as our own, window price £10000 more than I paid for mine 3 years ago, with a view to updating.

What a waste of time, they would have had to pay me to leave our van and take theirs.
Ours in comparison is beautiful, wifey nearly fainted when she opened door and went inside.
How do dealers expect to sell vans they have not even valeted, with bits hanging off, unfixed and smelly.:Doh: Looks a picture on E bay.

Regards
Steve

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
For interest John, what on earth do you do if someone brings you a 'Dog' they want to P/X - do they have 'British Motorhome Auctions' ? LOL

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
For interest John, what on earth do you do if someone brings you a 'Dog' they want to P/X - do they have 'British Motorhome Auctions' ? LOL

Yep they sure do have motorhome auctions at Measham for one.......and others like any vehicle that is offered in trade then if it is a dog you value it as such and sell the same trade or auction.

All the best Rick

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I agree some of the vans we looked at were a disgrace, and the home made DIY mods that have been left in place are :cry:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp

There are in the trade, people who buy 'dogs' and thats where they go.

Peter

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Mmm I agree but it seems some even respectable dealers don't valet there vans till there sold, I don't agree with it though, I don't like looking at a grubby van at dealers:Doh:

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
There are vans and then motorhomes, each to their own, someone who is thinking of starting into motorhomeing might feel buying a non looked after model full of pet odours as a bonus on the impression they would get it a lot cheaper and undertake a cleaning job themselves. it is their pride and joy and a starter for them to enjoy getting away . after all we all have to start somewhere.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back