English Sausages Made In Portugal... (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I wish to announce that there will soon be an English Sausage Maker located in Central Portugal...

Although it is possible to buy frozen English Bangers in the Algarve (which is frequented by hoards of Brits), it is not possible for me to get the sort of sausages I like around here.

Stimulated by the recent success of my home made burgers, I decided to try to make my own sausages. Guided by Mel and Christine (Heyupluv) and the internet, I have just ordered all the necessary equipment from Blighty and at the end of next week I hope to produce a batch of superb, tasteless, English sausages just like I use to buy back home...::bigsmile:

JJ :Cool:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Can't beat a good home made sausage JJ .. :thumb:

been doing my own for some time.. no end of recipes to try out and soo much better than a factory one.. Butchers own are also pretty good .. but expensive ..

go for it

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Does the essential equipment include an expensive bike pump?

Enjoy:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
After a bit of research these are the people I have spent money with...

http://www.weschenfelder.co.uk/home

What from their catalogue have you bought ?
When should I place an order ?
Do pensioners get a discount ?
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
After a bit of research these are the people I have spent money with...

http://www.weschenfelder.co.uk/home

They're only a couple of miles from us so if you need to collect in person, JJ, you can camp on our drive ::bigsmile:

We went there for casings when Jill made sausages last year. Very nice people, old established business and a heck of a range for both professional and home food preparation.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Didn't know you used casings on your gennies Chris... :ROFLMAO:

gennies's are old technoligy,dirty,smelly noisey thing's,i have moved on from gennys:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Didn't you know, JJ, Chris is making Baked Bean sausages so that he can generate perpetual motions :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
They're only a couple of miles from us so if you need to collect in person, JJ, you can camp on our drive ::bigsmile:

We went there for casings when Jill made sausages last year. Very nice people, old established business and a heck of a range for both professional and home food preparation.

Good to know Graham...

So...

Shame you don't go on continental trips Graham... when you have your new van you could have tested it with a trip to Portugal loaded with seasonings and casings and shiny sausage making gear!...

JJ :winky:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Blimey, those sausage stuffers look pricey, or did you forget them and buy a funnel instead? :whatthe:

The mincer comes with a plastic nozzle...

The stuffers are for producing a larger quantity than I will need...

My first sausage stuffing will be called "JJ's 1-6 Away Stuffing"... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

RonnieJ

Free Member
Jun 30, 2009
Thetford, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
9 years
Home made sausages

We got a mincer/sausage making attachment for our Kenwood Chef, best buy ever. Making sausages with Pork Shoulder and minced meat with Brisket Joints. We remove all the fat from the beef and most of it from the pork, adding beef or vegetable suet to the pork so its not too hard and dry.
When we prepare the sausage mix we add seasoning bit by bit and keep frying small portions of the mix until we are happy with the taste and texture, then fill the casings.
Also bought the pasta attachment so we can make our own SpagBol and its delicious.

Have been buying ingredients from either the DesignaSausageCo or

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Butchers-Sundries

Have just ordered rusk from Weschenfelder:thanks2:, it is much cheaper than my two suppliers so will give it a try.

We use collagen skins and find that the prepared sausages have to be stored in the fridge once made for at least 24 hours to let the skins re-hydrate properly, otherwise they are quite tough.

chesterfield hooligan

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Hucknall, Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
10 years
I wish to announce that there will soon be an English Sausage Maker located in Central Portugal...

Although it is possible to buy frozen English Bangers in the Algarve (which is frequented by hoards of Brits), it is not possible for me to get the sort of sausages I like around here.

Stimulated by the recent success of my home made burgers, I decided to try to make my own sausages. Guided by Mel and Christine (Heyupluv) and the internet, I have just ordered all the necessary equipment from Blighty and at the end of next week I hope to produce a batch of superb, tasteless, English sausages just like I use to buy back home...::bigsmile:

:ROFLMAO: and your going to eat them :ROFLMAO:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
I bet JJ is getting all this stuff in readiness for when a certain french princess visits, so that he can keep her gainfully employed and in the hymer rather than letting her have spare time and wanting to get to grips with the wagon and cleaning it.:Eeek:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
English sausage, where will you get the English Pork from?

I would suggest eating Old Mo, but the output would be very tough and stringy and hardly edible, although very mature... Old Mo is best stewed a long time, a very very very long time, Nitric acid should help...

Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
I've always fancied making my own sausages but there are so many great butchers and farm shops around here I just don't need to.:thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I was rather hoping that my vast experience in balloon modelling would come in handy here Roger... :thumb:

... might get carried away though and end up with poodle shaped sausages!

now that would be worth seeing, hee hee

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back