RE: Free power from magnets poll (1 Viewer)

Do you believe the video

• Yes

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 79.7%
  • Don't know, Don't understand

Votes: 7 11.9%

• Total voters
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Do you believe the video on this thread?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv53K9MnDuM[/ame]

Last edited:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
first off there is no video here, though I suppose it relates to a viadeo on another thread.
:Doh::Doh:
there is no such thing as perpetual motion, there is no such thing as a perfet vacuum so it follows there will always be friction whatever the device and magnets will eventually lose their magnetism

Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
first off there is no video here, though I suppose it relates to a viadeo on another thread.
there is no such thing as perpetual motion, there is no such thing as a perfet vacuum so it follows there will always be friction whatever the device and magnets will eventually lose their magnetism

At least that is what we have been told!!!!:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005

I meant the thread from which I took the title for this thread sorry.

I have added the video link.

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
so grommet what happened to!
i understand the theory but i dont know if the video is true:RollEyes:
or do you start all your polls with bias?
thank you for stealing my thunder by the way:Sad:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
its a great world you live in roger! so black and white,so yes and no,no room for maybe???:Doh:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
At a guess I would say that there is a mains cable running up inside the legs of the table to supply the power.

But I am sure of one thing. It is a hoax.

Doug...

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
At a guess I would say that there is a mains cable running up inside the legs of the table to supply the power.

But I am sure of one thing. It is a hoax.

Doug...

As are most things on U Tube but they always cop a load of mugs

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
It would be great if it did work but it doesn't. It's a hoax.

This conspiracy theory that oil companies and the like suppress things like this is just that, a "conspiracy theory".

Pete:Cool:

Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
It would be great if it did work but it doesn't. It's a hoax.

This conspiracy theory that oil companies and the like suppress things like this is just that, a "conspiracy theory".

Ohhh.. spoil sport, next you'll be telling us father Christmas doesn't exist:cry::cry:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
:Smile:

Attachments

• mag.jpg
    mag.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 55

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
did anyone else actually take the time to read this link that Chris gave ?

I know this thread is a poll about a uTube clip .. forget that..

I'm as sceptical as the next man but this made me think.. that's all Chris is asking .. keep an open mind and think!

read the link and watch the video.. and then say it is also a hoax..

http://panacea-bocaf.org/energybymotion.htm

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
did anyone else actually take the time to read this link that Chris gave ?

I know this thread is a poll about a uTube clip .. forget that..

I'm as sceptical as the next man but this made me think.. that's all Chris is asking .. keep an open mind and think!

read the link and watch the video.. and then say it is also a hoax..

http://panacea-bocaf.org/energybymotion.htm

It would appear that they are asking for money to continue their research which leads me to believe that they are not getting anywhere with their theories.
If there was a chance that they had discovered the "Holy Grail" of perpetual motion, then the money men would be throwing money at them.
Lead to Gold springs to mind.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
. keep an open mind and think!

I did and searched and.......

Oct. 13, 2006 update -- NOT SELF-RUNNING YET: The company's present prototypes measure a small degree over unity, according to the measurement instruments and methods used. However, the extent of output exceeding input is not enough in the present prototypes to then cycle back to keep the unit running, as a self-runner. Any language expressing the self-running capability is extrapolative to a larger size, not yet built or proven, which allegedly has the necessary combination to keep the unit running and provide extra energy for use.

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
I did and searched and.......

Oct. 13, 2006 update -- NOT SELF-RUNNING YET: The company's present prototypes measure a small degree over unity, according to the measurement instruments and methods used. However, the extent of output exceeding input is not enough in the present prototypes to then cycle back to keep the unit running, as a self-runner. Any language expressing the self-running capability is extrapolative to a larger size, not yet built or proven, which allegedly has the necessary combination to keep the unit running and provide extra energy for use.
i all so read that,but we are now five years on since that update,so i dismissed it:Smile:

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
so grommet what happened to!
i understand the theory but i dont know if the video is true:RollEyes:
or do you start all your polls with bias?
thank you for stealing my thunder by the way:Sad:

That isn't an option because if you understood the theory you would know whether it was true or not :winky:

I posted this poll because I didn't understand the original thread, was it an attempt at humour that I was missing? Or could people actually be taken in by things like this?

I am saddened to see that 10% of our group believes this is possible. Nice to see that a bigger number admit they don't understand..

Sorry for stealing your thunder. Not sure what/how I did it but I apologise anyway:Blush:

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
PS: Not only can you make energy from nowhere you can also get water from nowhere :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2b-1YaWMRE[/ame]

And they sell this one on ebay.

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
PS: Not only can you make energy from nowhere you can also get water from nowhere :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:that bit of you post tells me you have no understanding of this what so ever,what a shame as you were doing so well.
the energy is locked in the magnets:Doh:it does not come from nowhere:Doh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2b-1YaWMRE

we have one in our garden:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
That isn't an option because if you understood the theory you would know whether it was true or not :winky:

Just because we understand a theory doesn't mean we know whether it is correct or not..

Man understood the theory of flight in 1903 when the Wright brothers took off ... but when the first calculation of bumblebee flight was done in the 1930s it proved that it couldn't fly .. so was the theory wrong .. or did we not fully understand it.. .. we know the bee can fly..

The "bumblebee paradox" persisted until 1996...

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
hat bit of you post tells me you have no understanding of this what so ever,what a shame as you were doing so well.

we have one in our garden:thumb:
You have put your reply into my quote :shout:..

I do have an understanding of this subject. My quals include electrical engineering and electronics.

I was taught semi conductor theory down to the sub atomic particle level. I understand and more surprising still remember such details as covalent bonds, pent and tri valent doping in a PN junction and how the depletion zone works. Mobile holes and free electrons are still fresh in my memory. Moving up I still understand capacitive and inductive reactance in a circuit and if pushed could probably still use kirchoffs and thevenin's for circuit calculations. Flemmings left hand and right hand rules are no mystery to me.
My first job at 13 was working in a Transformer factory who sent me on the above course to learn so I could move into the design dept. Just in case you don't know, Transformers work on electromagnetism. So I had to learn about hysteresis properties of varies cores, eddie current losses due to lamination techniques, heat losses etc etc etc. At age 20 I went to work at an electrical motor factory. Magnets, motors and electromagentism is something I worked with at a practical level for 6 years. I am also a radio amateur and my first transceiver was designed and built from scratch by me based on a dual conversion superheterodyne design using an open air capacitor and hand wound coils. I could lob the formulas for those calculations on here if there was any way to do it (I still remember them off the top of my head)

As a hobby I read a lot on science and have an interest but obviously no real understanding of quantum physics.

Anyway I could go on (and on) but I think I have made my point :winky:::bigsmile:

I read up to page 5 of the pdf and it was so full of holes I doubt even tetley's would be able to do anything with it. Igave up at that point because there was nothing to learn from it.

I can't even be bothered to get technical on it's arse and explain why it is so wrong.

It looks convincing on the surface but I can tell you with absolutely 100% confidence that this will not work. Please don't spend any money on this. However if you want to spend some time trying to recreate it let us know what you find :winky:

I would put money on the demonstration having an external power source hidden from your view.

I don't rule things impossible without a deal of thought.

Sorry for the rant.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
As I sit in my office at 10 O'clock at night, wondering if I should go home, and I look around my office and see a bottle of Captain Morgan! Should I have a small drop in a hot chocolate before I go home?

Then I look at all the other stuff that seems to be stuck to the flat surfaces and the things that are on vertical surfaces that need to be anchored down. Calenders and posters for example.

So what keeps every thing down? what massive unseen force can so this? What massive unseen force can tie the moon to the Earth, yet still feel the effects of the moon on the Earth moving unfathomable amounts of water around the surface of this tiny planet we live on.

I guess that it would be gravity, one of those forces not fully understood by man. Some believe that gravity and magnetism are the same thing. Others believe that they are similar but gravity has a wider remit.

regardless of this there are forces at work in the universe that we don't understand but we take for granted.

Imagine if you were to drop your coffee mug tomorrow morning and it were to float upwards? This in essence would be the end of the universe as we know it (unless you were in fact sat at an upside down desk or underwater)

Yet this is possibly what has just happened at CERN! very recently. In fact the results from Cern, home of the LHC, have confounded physicists — because it appears subatomic particles have exceeded the speed of light.

This is as all schoolboys know impossible, however, Neutrinos sent through the ground from Cern toward the Gran Sasso laboratory 732km away seemed to show up a few billionths of a second early.

The results will soon be online to draw closer scrutiny to a result that, if true, would upend a century of physics. The lab's research director called it "an apparently unbelievable result.

Try and get two rare earth magnets to close against their poles. Impossible, in a perfect balance they would hover. Equally try and pull two magnets apart that have stuck together, I don't mean slide apart I mean a vertical "pull" apart. Again virtually impossible. So where does that apparently inexhaustible power source come from to hold apart or hold closed?

I don't really thick that the future of harnessing power either from gravitational pull or opposing magnets will be discovered on You Tube any more than I believe that beings from other planets travel great distances only to meet a Hill Billy and stick a finger up his arse, but I do believe that we have not yet scratched the surface or this fascinating, potential, totally green and inexhaustible power source!

Eddie

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
You have put your reply into my quote :shout:..

I do have an understanding of this subject. My quals include electrical engineering and electronics.

I was taught semi conductor theory down to the sub atomic particle level. I understand and more surprising still remember such details as covalent bonds, pent and tri valent doping in a PN junction and how the depletion zone works. Mobile holes and free electrons are still fresh in my memory. Moving up I still understand capacitive and inductive reactance in a circuit and if pushed could probably still use kirchoffs and thevenin's for circuit calculations. Flemmings left hand and right hand rules are no mystery to me.
My first job at 13 was working in a Transformer factory who sent me on the above course to learn so I could move into the design dept. Just in case you don't know, Transformers work on electromagnetism. So I had to learn about hysteresis properties of varies cores, eddie current losses due to lamination techniques, heat losses etc etc etc. At age 20 I went to work at an electrical motor factory. Magnets, motors and electromagentism is something I worked with at a practical level for 6 years. I am also a radio amateur and my first transceiver was designed and built from scratch by me based on a dual conversion superheterodyne design using an open air capacitor and hand wound coils. I could lob the formulas for those calculations on here if there was any way to do it (I still remember them off the top of my head)

As a hobby I read a lot on science and have an interest but obviously no real understanding of quantum physics.

Anyway I could go on (and on) but I think I have made my point :winky:::bigsmile:

I read up to page 5 of the pdf and it was so full of holes I doubt even tetley's would be able to do anything with it. Igave up at that point because there was nothing to learn from it.

I can't even be bothered to get technical on it's arse and explain why it is so wrong.

It looks convincing on the surface but I can tell you with absolutely 100% confidence that this will not work. Please don't spend any money on this. However if you want to spend some time trying to recreate it let us know what you find :winky:

I would put money on the demonstration having an external power source hidden from your view.

I don't rule things impossible without a deal of thought.

Sorry for the rant.
as you had to edit you quote i will post the whole thing below.
Originally Posted by Gromett Link Removed
PS: Not only can you make energy from nowhere you can also get water from nowhere :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:that bit of you post tells me you have no understanding of this what so ever,what a shame as you were doing so well.
the energy is locked in the magnets:Doh:it does not come from nowhere:Doh:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2b-1YaWMRE[/ame]

as you see,you say the energy comes from nowhere,this is the part i picked up on.
the energy is the in the magnets:Smile:it does not come from nowhere.

carry on then

Free Member
Oct 25, 2011
.EU
Funster No
MH
camper sort of thingy
Exp
about 5 minutes
If the video's product actually worked , surely one of the major world energy companies would be in on it by now ?
IF you came up with a product like this that worked, you wouldn't be revealing it on Youtube would you ? , I'm sure there's a larger stage than that to announce it at, one where you could sell the idea for MILLIONS :cry:

As for the tap video, how long does the batteries last for ?:ROFLMAO:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I still don't understand WTF you lot are talking about::bigsmile:

Is it to do with magnets and iron filings?

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005

as you see,you say the energy comes from nowhere,this is the part i picked up on.
the energy is the in the magnets:Smile:it does not come from nowhere.

Magnetism is not an energy it is a force. There is a difference between force and energy. There are four fundamental forces. Gravity and magnetism are the two you will know of. There is also the strong and weak atomic forces.

When I said the energy comes from nowhere I meant the electrical energy doing the work. That is the energy that I mean has come from nowhere if this machine were actually doing what it appears to be doing.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back