artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
I want it... I want it... I want it... I want it...

JJ :Cool:

Me too and I am only a few miles away.........might go to have a look tomorrow ::bigsmile: Loads of Fray Bentos tins went into building her I reckon :)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Me too and I am only a few miles away.........might go to have a look tomorrow ::bigsmile: Loads of Fray Bentos tins went into building her I reckon :)

Maybe we should get it as a joint venture Stew... then we swop every now and again... you fly to Portugal and use the Hymer and we fly to Uk and use the Airstream...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

(Like Margaret Thatcher and the Devil we would never be seen together :winky:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I spotted it yesterday :thumb:There was one about 2/3 mths ago (not sure if that is it) but they wanted around 30 to 40k and I am sure it was "full" but in a very tatty condition.
I may have posted it at the time but advised looking at the body work closely :Smile: before anyone bought.bid on it.Must admit it will turn heads when done :thumb: but in my book it is just too long/big for my use.:cry:Would make a great base for anyone full timing :thumb::thumb:
terry

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
There's one exactly like that 3 pitches away from us on sheepcote valley, looks lovely surely more than 3.5 ton though?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
nah.. it's got a puny 8cc engine and weighs 3,500 kg :roflmto:

joking aside.. I'm almost sure I've seen this on ebay before.. or one very like it ..
it may be a bit on the light side :winky: and only be 8cc Jim, but just look what it produces.

if only !!!!! :Cool: :RollEyes:

Engine Size: 8 cc
Horsepower: 345 Bhp

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
maybe we should get it as a joint venture stew... Then we swop every now and again... You fly to portugal and use the hymer and we fly to uk and use the airstream...:rofl1::rofl1::rofl1:

(like margaret thatcher and the devil we would never be seen together :wink:)

jj :cool:
nice idea jj i would be up for a swap pm me if your interested

ian f

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Don't worry JJ ,MHL is on about swapping his Gordieboy for the Hymer in Porugal,not the gorgeous classic Airstream ::bigsmile:
I personally think the Airstream would be the business :thumb:Spend around 5k inside (no windows,roof vents to buy)and you would have a very modern interior in the iconic body work :thumb:No doubt some rich "stars" would rent it @a grand a week without blinking ::bigsmile:
terry

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I am afraid that I am a "restore back to the original design" keeping it as "original" as possible man. These new material, machine made units with modern fittings are not for me...

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
A stunning peice of kit, but better have very deeeeeep pockets to restore it, when we used to do vintage and classic car restoration for a living I would guess that back then would be 30K to restore so at least double now :Eeek:

All the best Rick

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I am afraid that I am a "restore back to the original design" keeping it as "original" as possible man. These new material, machine made units with modern fittings are not for me...

You could easy do a sympathetic restoration using hand made units and new fridge, cooker and heater etc, :thumb:After all why would you want a 35 yr old m/h inside? I have seen quite a few old Hymers that could do with a interior face lift :thumb:
terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
One man's face lift is another man's ruining the classic original... :ROFLMAO:

A lick of varnish/French polish would help a lot of classics-often it is the woodwork that is tired ::bigsmile:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back