Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
::bigsmile:Hi all, anybody going to this show at Event city ? its part of the the Trafford centre so parking is free and its easy to find, this is the first time it has been held there I am going on saturday and would like to look at the new bailey approach motorhome it looks really nice on the website :winky:

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
We are going on Sunday. Hope it is an improvement on when it was held at Manchester Gmex, they are certainly promising better according to the website.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
would love to go but unfortunately funds will not allow hope it is a good one then i may go next year.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
is there parking for motorhomes or is it best going in the car? even better any camping on site?

OP
OP
mike mcglynn

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
parking

is there parking for motorhomes or is it best going in the car? even better any camping on site?

Parking is not an issue at this place as its part of the Trafford centre shopping set up and has about 5000 spaces so motorhome should be fine :thumb:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Mike
We went today (thursday) anybody going park in the trafford centre and walk across the queue was bad this morning mainly caused by the near car park only available to blue badge holders, one couple we met said they had queued for an hour to get in and then were turned away, we parked across the road in peel carpark, the show is bigger and better than g-mex but the caravans take most of the display, but it was still a good day out, also hot (cold rearly:Angry::Angry:) pies at £3.00 and paper cup of coffee at £2.50 , so take something with you, the bailey looks ok one of the couples we were with bought one recently and is pleased with the van. Pete :thumb::thumb:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Hi Mike
We went today (thursday) anybody going park in the trafford centre and walk across the queue was bad this morning mainly caused by the near car park only available to blue badge holders, one couple we met said they had queued for an hour to get in and then were turned away, we parked across the road in peel carpark, the show is bigger and better than g-mex but the caravans take most of the display, but it was still a good day out, also hot (cold rearly:Angry::Angry:) pies at £3.00 and paper cup of coffee at £2.50 , so take something with you, the bailey looks ok one of the couples we were with bought one recently and is pleased with the van. Pete :thumb::thumb:

thats made my mind up then, I'll take swbos car (and her) as she has the blue badge,

were there many stalls selling extra kit,Im looking for a dome or dish? and a pop up tent?

Jan 27, 2009
Leyland Lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
Hi Mike
I agree with peter's findings, but my main problem, which may put me off future visits, was the amount of standing traffic at the approach to/and at Junction 9 (M60). Every entrance within half a mile of Events City was choc-a-block when we finally arrived at 11.30am having left Leyland at 9.30am, a distance of 32 Miles.

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
thats made my mind up then, I'll take swbos car (and her) as she has the blue badge,

were there many stalls selling extra kit,Im looking for a dome or dish? and a pop up tent?

Yes seb plenty of trade stands selling sat dish etc, I am interested myself but will leave it til we get back from Spain to see what is recieved down ther on vans that already have them fitted. Pete
Ps also rows and rows of tents awnings etc.

Nov 18, 2011
cheshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2001
Motorhome show

Hi , dont want to put you off , went today , traffic was terrible , plenty of parking but you will probably have to walk a fair distance , not enough motorhomes , too many tents , caravans and sideshows , it was packed out with people , three generations of retirees all lookiing for adventure , why not. Ronboyracer.:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back