Missing fuel filler (1 Viewer)

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
I recently came back from the petrol station, a distance of just over a mile, and noticed that the fuel filler cap had gone. It was a lockable cap so I assumed that I had not fitted it correctly. I ordered another one but when it came it wouldn't fit properly so I had a closer look at the filler neck and it appears that there is part of it missing. It looks therefore that the cap plus part of the neck were lost originally. Now to the point of this posting, can anyone looking at the attached photo confirm my suspicions and if so does anyone know if the part that's missing is available to purchase?

Attachments

• Fuel filler.01.jpg
    Fuel filler.01.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 94

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
You may have to buy the full unit and not just the cap. Whip out the three screws and pop in the new one.
Jim
:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 27, 2007
dundee
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since early 70s
New filler neck should be available at any dealers accessory shop. I had same problem last year.Its an easy job to .fit new one

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I am also missing a fuel filler, so if you see me pull into a fuel station feel free to come over and fill up for me (and pay for it of course)
cheers:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
I am also missing a fuel filler, so if you see me pull into a fuel station feel free to come over and pee in it for me (and i'll pay for it of course)
cheers:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
TheTwoOfUs
Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Yes ..............there deffinitely seems to be more missing than just the cap.:Doh:

Have you retraced your steps to see if it's lying around?

Retraced my steps immediately but being on a busy dual carriageway even if I found it, it would probably have been flattened. I will now check with the dealers to see if I can get a new one. Many thanks for your replies.
Neil

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I recently came back from the petrol station, a distance of just over a mile, and noticed that the fuel filler cap had gone. It was a lockable cap so I assumed that I had not fitted it correctly. I ordered another one but when it came it wouldn't fit properly so I had a closer look at the filler neck and it appears that there is part of it missing. It looks therefore that the cap plus part of the neck were lost originally. Now to the point of this posting, can anyone looking at the attached photo confirm my suspicions and if so does anyone know if the part that's missing is available to purchase?

Your photo of your fuel filler looks remarkably like a water filler!!!

Doug...

OP
OP
TheTwoOfUs
Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
On the Frankia they are similar but they are different dimensionally. Plus one says diesel (as in the photo) and the other says water.:winky:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
think with cak tanks you order one or the other . diesel or water. white or black. or you did a few years ago.

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
fair enough. I did not enlarge the photo first time around.

Doug...

Hi
I lost my water cap on the Bessacar I had, It was easy to replace 3 screws on the outside and a jubilee clip on the inside on the pipe, easy to do, I dont know how yours is set up on the inside for you to get at the pipe conection. Pete

OP
OP
TheTwoOfUs
Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Once again, thanks for all the replies. I had already purchased the cap with the two keys when I realised that there was more missing than I had originally thought. I will be contacting Cranhams again to see if I can get the rest of it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back