Clarkson Gets another 31000 Complaints (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Isle of Sheppey Caravan site, anyone stopped there? The caravan times reckon there were 31000 complaints from Sheppey! after Clarkson said locals on the Isle of Sheppey, off Kent's north coast, "tend to be the sort of people who arrived in England in the back of a refrigerated truck or clinging to the underside of a Eurostar train". He said it was "mostly … a caravan site" where there are "thousands of mobile homes, all of which I suspect belong to former London cabbies". :roflmto:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/jan/12/jeremy-clarkson-sheppey-caravan-park

http://www.caravantimes.co.uk/news/people/celebrity/clarkson-in-trouble-over-isle-of-sheppey-caravan-park-comments-$21380924.htm?source=newsletter

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
If you get upset about anything JC says, then you are completely missing the point.

Pete:Cool:

Last edited:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Hate Clarkson but

I hate Clarkson, but for once he is right ... with Clacton on Sea ...or Jaywick not far behind.

Sheppey one big caravan site and a prison compound .. hate the place, had to go there every week to see clients in the prisons.. felt like one as soon as you went over the bridge... miserable place ... mud flats and caravans :Blush:

Bob

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
Beats me why anyone is even vaguely interested in what this idiot has to say?

(Retired Local Govt Officer!)

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I fink he`s funny:getmecoat::getmecoat::getmecoat:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
He should have a look at the coast from Rhyl to Bangor in N.Wales its worse!

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Cant abide the man personally

hes upset me
upset the chinese
upset the indians
upset those in kent
upset those in england

and I probably know more about cars bikes and motorhomes

but someone somewhere loves him so much he gets away with it all

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
I find him amusing

We need more people whos output is not predictable and politically correct.

And do remember he is playing it for effect.

barry:Smile:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
He's great !!

:Cool:Don't you just love him !!!!! It's all tongue in cheek...Any one who believes what he says is true , then a frontal lobotomy is called for instead of a bottle in front of me !
I wonder how many local goverment officers have vans down there ???:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I find him amusing

[HI]We need more people whos output is not predictable[/HI] and politically correct.

Trouble is that he is predictable and has been for years. If he (or his scriptwriters) had evolved his act over the years then it might be funny but he didn't and he is well past his sell by date.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
I find him amusing

We need more people whos output is not predictable and politically correct.

That's the whole point.
Keeps him and Top Gear high profile.

:Cool:Don't you just love him !!!!! It's all tongue in cheek...Any one who believes what he says is true , then a frontal lobotomy is called for instead of a bottle in front of me !
I wonder how many local goverment officers have vans down there ???:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yep... He's an entertainer.

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
How can you not love someone who gets paid £2.14m by the BBC (your money) to say on national television that local govt strikers should be shot in front of their children for daring to strike to save their pensions (average £4k) ....oh how we laughed!!
Seriously I used to find him funny but now he just plays to stereotypes and his exagerations get more and more ridiculous and less and less funny! Still never mind...takes all types.:RollEyes:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Funny how many people that don't like Clarkson know what he is about? It must be some kind of masochistic pleasure that people get watching and listening to some one that they dislike?:Doh:

Earns the Beeb millions, most exported show worldwide.

Dead right about local government officers though, but I wouldn't wait until they went on strike!

Eddie

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
One of the complainants, a Mr R Slicker said Clarkson should,nt be able to get away with slagging off the area. Mr Slicker, who has six fingers and is currently on bail for sleeping with his sister, said that he had lkived in the area all his life, and had never driven a cab.

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Funny how many people that don't like Clarkson know what he is about? It must be some kind of masochistic pleasure that people get watching and listening to some one that they dislike?:Doh:

Earns the Beeb millions, most exported show worldwide.

Dead right about local government officers though, but I wouldn't wait until they went on strike!

Eddie
I know your'e only joking and honestly I do have a sense of humour but....
Who would teach your kids, look after your health, empty your bins etc etc ? If we lived according to Clarkson we could all be ignorant, unhealthy and with third world services and just joke about it!:RollEyes:

John

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Indeed it is, full of scallies and dregs from Liverpool, all on benefits no doubt.
Au contraire mon brave, the strecth towards Caernafon seems to be Midlands people. When I was working as a activity centre manager(not clubs independent) the local Coop,Post Office and Off Licence were all owned/managed by Brummies!
Flint to Rhyl is mainly Scousers Connahs Quay is the Liverpool overspill.

Since the REAL Top Gear finished the BBC is sadly lacking a decent motoring programme as well as a tech programme (RIP Tomorrows World),these have now been taken up by Five with Fifth Gear and the Gadget Show.

May 6, 2010
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Exp
April 2010
Clarkson for Prime Minister :thumb:
Reading his regular coloum in Top Gear mag his distain for scroungers malingerers and pointless and useless rules and laws throughout the land seem to be his main focus and recipient of a well deserved tongue lashing
With regards to the public sector workers statement in the FULL interview after discussing the matter at length he said " I suppose I better say something in opposition and controversial, errrr ' they should all be taken outside and shot etc' "
This line was then taken on its own as a statement

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
You can always tell when he has a book or a dvd out he gets maximum publicity by upsetting as many people as he can

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
One of the complainants, a Mr R Slicker said Clarkson should,nt be able to get away with slagging off the area. Mr Slicker, who has six fingers and is currently on bail for sleeping with his sister, said that he had lived in the area all his life, and had never driven a cab.

You, know, about a year ago, a work colleague who lives in Gillingham told me pretty much the same thing! :thumb:

I go to Sheppey for a sailing meeting once a year and don't take the van as the car park behind the sea wall next to the sailing club looks as depressing as it looks unsafe. Stay in a B&B instead. It must be one of the world's most depressing places. The dinghy sailing is good, though.

Johno

Free Member
Oct 29, 2008
Kent
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
30+ with caravanning & camping
Having visited Sheppey on many occaisions for work reasons ( usually to sort out problems caused by metal theft from the railways ):Angry: I can only concur with everything Jezza says.

Question: Whats the definition of a virgin on Sheppey ?.

Answer: A girl who can run faster than her brother.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

John.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back