Free Member
Dec 15, 2011
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
If I stay longterm at a site ( say 3 months) should I expect to be able to get a good deal on the rate?:Smile:

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
If I stay longterm at a site ( say 3 months) should I expect to be able to get a good deal on the rate?:Smile:

If you are living in your van for extended periods bear in mind that in the UK you COULD become liable for council tax if you stay on one site for more than 28 days or return habitually to the one site.

John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Ummm...
Not too sure about that 28 days.. I have a couple of relatives ( by marriage ) who live on mobile home parks.
They have to be out of them for 2 months of the year to avoid paying council tax.. And they have been there for quite a few years now.
They usually vacate from 2nd of January to 2nd of March (ish )

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
:Cool:
Ummm...
Not too sure about that 28 days.. I have a couple of relatives ( by marriage ) who live on mobile home parks.
They have to be out of them for 2 months of the year to avoid paying council tax.. And they have been there for quite a few years now.

Hee Hee, but it,s a bit nippy in a tent this time of the year:Cool:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Ummm...

This is only my understanding .. so it may be wrong ..
Holiday park homes are exempt if the owners pay council tax for a permanent bricks and mortar home..
Those who use it as their main and only home are getting away with it.. this has been discussed at council meetings. I know one holiday site where the owners have to prove they pay council tax on another property or they get billed.

I was summoned by Colchester council for non payment of council tax, I was on a CL for more than 28days .. long story and it is documented on another thread..

Another fulltimer, also a Fun member is also having 'difficulties' with this issue .. been asked to leave the site .. read more on Motorhome365

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back