Free Member
Dec 15, 2011
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Seriously considering this model....an '08........for full timing for one/two. Seems to fit the bill but would appreciate any helpful comments from owners or others who decided to not buy. Many thanks.

Philip

OP
OP
O

Openroad

Free Member
Dec 15, 2011
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Fixed Bed

Full timing = fixed bed or it'll drive you mad

This was my own view tilll I saw the huge amount of dead space it creates unless you buy a monster. The Autocruise Stardream seems to solve the problem wth 2 large singles avaliable in seconds if u dont want to use the massive double it makes up at the back.

Thanks for your input though

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I'm a fixed bed man, especially if you are full timing. Two singles has a lot going for it though.

A colleague has one of these and he ended up removing the step as he kept grounding it. Worth further investigation?

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
I'm a fixed bed man, especially if you are full timing. Two singles has a lot going for it though.

A colleague has one of these and he ended up removing the step as he kept grounding it. Worth further investigation?

I think a fixed bed must be a must for fulltiming. We had a mid lounge converting to a double but after only six weeks away realised we wanted a fixed bed.It's not just about not having to make up the bed it's about being able for one to stay up while the other goes to bed which is bound to happen in the long term!! :RollEyes:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I think a fixed bed must be a must for fulltiming. We had a mid lounge converting to a double but after only six weeks away realised we wanted a fixed bed.It's not just about not having to make up the bed it's about being able for one to stay up while the other goes to bed which is bound to happen in the long term!! :RollEyes:

The two singles gives you just that :thumb:I think it a good choice,not too big but quite roomy,feet up lounging and you can get to loo and cooker while one is still in bed:thumb:Of course a bigger van is better for full timing,but you get to places in the smaller van ::bigsmile: a compromise :winky:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We have 2singles which convert into a lounge . able to put our feet up if in most of day and when fulltiming you are .small dinette up front in a 7mt van don't mind pulling it into king size bed takes 5minutes at most worth it not to have dead space at back .

OP
OP
O

Openroad

Free Member
Dec 15, 2011
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
just realised

The two singles gives you just that :thumb:I think it a good choice,not too big but quite roomy,feet up lounging and you can get to loo and cooker while one is still in bed:thumb:Of course a bigger van is better for full timing,but you get to places in the smaller van ::bigsmile: a compromise :winky:
terry

...that the stardream doesnt have anywhere else to sit other than the cab seats if U SHAPED LOUNGE IS MADEUP FOR BED! Any ideas of other coachbuilts that offer ay least one other seat if lounge converted of similar size and still with a ushaped lounge?

Cheers:Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back