Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Friends I have just received the following e mail in response to my advert for the sale of my motorhome. I have in the most polite terms told him I have blocked his e mails and far from keeping his attempt at what I perceive to be fraud secret I shall publicise it as widely as possible.

Norman

[HI] Hello Norman ,

Thank you for your response and for sending the information as requested.I would have loved to visibly inspect the motor home but my present location and nature of my job will not allow me to view the motor home so please kindly bear with me.From the looks and description of the motor home I am satisfied with it so i will be buying the motor home at the price quoted.I will be coming with my wife and hope this is suitable.Please do bear with me as this is a personal email directed to you and I request that it should be treated as such.I am Jose Alejandro,a bank manager with a leading bank in Europe with branches in numerous cities and countries worldwide.I am the personal accounts officer to the now incarcerated Bernard Madoff who as you know made headlines in the much talked about Wall Street's biggest investment fraud in which he has been imprisoned.I have attached a video and also a link in order for you to have a clearer picture of the whole thing:

reuters.com/article/ousiv/idUSTRE55P6O520090629

I am contacting you because you seem like the kind of person who can assist me on this and knowing for a fact that i can trust and count on your support in order for this to finally see the light of day and for reasons i will explain later to you once i get a further correspondent from you.

I was instructed by my client to have the funds transferred out of it's current location before it is traced by the government,i did ask for it to be moved to any of his family or relatives,but he quickly objected to this due to the fact that it would be easily traced.However,going by the recent publications by the Trustee bank in which my client deposited the sum of $35.8m(dollars) I fear a likely winding up proceedings in the coming months.I seek your consent therefore, to present you to the trustees/bank as my client's business partner/beneficiary so that you can help repatriate the money to a foreign account and I promise a fair share of 60%-40% sharing ratio at the end of the transfer.If you are very interested, contact me through my email address as soon as possible and I shall appraise you with the full details.

I want to assure you that I have all the requirements to execute this claim.Like I said, I require only a solemn confidentiality on this.Please let me have your opinion as soon as possible and send to me your telephone and fax numbers to enable us discuss further on this transaction.

Best regards,
Jose
[/HI]

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
That's a hell of a good price for your motorhome - I doubt if you'll get a better offer :ROFLMAO:

Phil

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
We have a guy called Jose on the site we are on in Spain.....

Shall I ask him it is him????? :winky::ROFLMAO:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
There is a tailor made response 'No way Jose':ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs

Attachments

• 180px-The_gesture02.jpg
    180px-The_gesture02.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 5
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Having recently advertised our camper for sale these are two of the replies I received :

Hello,
Thanks for the swift reply, Price is Ok and i want you
to get back to me with more pictures because i am not available at the
moment, i am in Malaysia and i will be using the vehicle here in
Malaysia.I will be handling the pick up of this through a legitimate
shipping agent that has their headquarter situated in Malaysia.Please
note that i will not be needing the vehicle registration because it
will be invalid over here so please remove the registration.The
vehicle will be picked up after you receive the full payment, so i
really need to know the mode of payment because i need this vehicle
urgently.
I'd like to know certain things too
Are you the first owner of the vehicle?
Does the vehicle have any mechanical disabilities presently?
What is your reason for selling it?
I'm sorry, just want to be sure about the sale before i proceed.

Good Day,
Thank for your reply to my e-mail also sorry for the late reply ,I Accepted the Price.
Kindly send your contact full name,address and telephone number to
enable to issue and send payment certified bank check to you.
Full Name :
Full Address :
City/location :
Zip code :
Mobile and land line Number :
As soon as you have your money I will arrange the Pickup
Regards,
Terry

Interesting how the first emailer makes it sound like he is cautious about buying it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Anyway, camper is now sold to someone who came a long way to look at it. We'lI be sad to see it go but it's going to a good home and I even managed to persuade him to join Motorhome Fun:thumb::thumb:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Friends I have just received the following e mail in response to my advert for the sale of my motorhome. I have in the most polite terms told him I have blocked his e mails and far from keeping his attempt at what I perceive to be fraud secret I shall publicise it as widely as possible.

Norman

[HI] Hello Norman ,

Thank you for your response and for sending the information as requested.I would have loved to visibly inspect the motor home but my present location and nature of my job will not allow me to view the motor home so please kindly bear with me.From the looks and description of the motor home I am satisfied with it so i will be buying the motor home at the price quoted.I will be coming with my wife and hope this is suitable.Please do bear with me as this is a personal email directed to you and I request that it should be treated as such.I am Jose Alejandro,a bank manager with a leading bank in Europe with branches in numerous cities and countries worldwide.I am the personal accounts officer to the now incarcerated Bernard Madoff who as you know made headlines in the much talked about Wall Street's biggest investment fraud in which he has been imprisoned.I have attached a video and also a link in order for you to have a clearer picture of the whole thing:

reuters.com/article/ousiv/idUSTRE55P6O520090629

I am contacting you because you seem like the kind of person who can assist me on this and knowing for a fact that i can trust and count on your support in order for this to finally see the light of day and for reasons i will explain later to you once i get a further correspondent from you.

I was instructed by my client to have the funds transferred out of it's current location before it is traced by the government,i did ask for it to be moved to any of his family or relatives,but he quickly objected to this due to the fact that it would be easily traced.However,going by the recent publications by the Trustee bank in which my client deposited the sum of $35.8m(dollars) I fear a likely winding up proceedings in the coming months.I seek your consent therefore, to present you to the trustees/bank as my client's business partner/beneficiary so that you can help repatriate the money to a foreign account and I promise a fair share of 60%-40% sharing ratio at the end of the transfer.If you are very interested, contact me through my email address as soon as possible and I shall appraise you with the full details.

I want to assure you that I have all the requirements to execute this claim.Like I said, I require only a solemn confidentiality on this.Please let me have your opinion as soon as possible and send to me your telephone and fax numbers to enable us discuss further on this transaction.

Best regards,
Jose
[/HI]

Sounds as though it could be the chap who was selling newish motorhomes cheap on Gumtree a year ago - the same motorhome(s) on various different local Gumtrees from Cornwall to Glasgow. I looked at lots of them - he was too busy in Ireland (although he gave a London phone number which was never answered) and said he just wanted rid of the MH as he had been left it by his dead uncle and he wasn't interested...

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Norman. We too have had a response to the advert to sell our compass Avantgarde 120 from Jose, so it is definitely a scam, we did not respond. Many thanks for the heads up mate.
.Mitch. PS good luck with your sale.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
It's a scam as old as the internet!!!

But for those new to the world wide web, worth pointing out!::bigsmile:

wander

Free Member
Jul 29, 2011
Calpe, Alicante, Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2007
I seem to get one of these type scams every month. Someone who has just deposited 50 odd million dollars and can I have you bank details please so I can send it to you. Of course the letter is about 2 pages long with a great sob story about how her husband has been killed and she wants to get out of the country with this great stash of cash.

Does anybody ever fall for this rubbish?:Eeek:

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
Does anybody ever fall for this rubbish

:roflmto::roflmto: Sent me details yesterday, Hope to get the money in me bank account tomorrow!!!!! WHOOPEE!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back